• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hey everyone!

Great news, on 08/17/2021 I received a call from an Officer at the Louisville office. She told me that she could schedule my interview for 08/31. I mentioned that my Bio notice had not been received yet and she told me it was no problem, and that she would get in contact with the Louisville office for Bio Appointments. She did and I got my notice the following day. I now have that and my interview schedule. I will soon be collecting all the important dates to share my path with you guys! Thank you so much.

I had one more question: It is regarding my wife FTJ proccess. I understand I should contact the embassy beforehand and tell them the case will be coming and also to tell the officer when I go to the interview to please send the case to the embassy and inform about my wife situation. My question is: What would be the appropriate way to contact the embassy, via email? Is there a part of the FTJ process that I should do that I have not mentioned so far? Hopefully 1 month will be enough to complete it!

Thanks so much!

Just got back from the interview
My IO is very nice and she asked me about the Yes and No questions.
She said so far is good but in the systems there's a gap between 2019 and 2021.
Apparently, I didn't submit my STEM-OPT card for some reason.
So she might ask for request for evidence.
How do everyone check their case status?
Did you checked your status ?

Yes, we had the same name listed on the IL and the stamp on our passport shows the same name too. So I guess you have the same IO as ours today and I hope he will be as friendly with you as he was with us today!!
We provided him with our W2s and the most recent bank statements. No recent paystubs or employment verification letters were requested during the interview (to be 100% honest I do not remember if we were the ones to offers these as an update from the file we sent in June or if this was specifically requested by the IO).
PS he was super friendly to me too, I think we both got lucky! :)

Where is the Io’s name on the IL ? I didn’t see one on mine.
I don't think everyone's letter has a name on it. Mine did, but maybe that's just a NYC FO thing. My IO's name was listed under the FO address on the bottom left-hand side of the IL.

God is a God of wonders and miracles. I got my IL from FO today. Please dont; give up , and keep praying. The God who helped us get selected out of the many millions of people will still remain faithful and ensure we get the Green cards on time. This i pray and believe for us all. In Jesus Christ's name. Amen.
Ps; Sorry i cannot help it but pray.

I had my interview yesterday. I'm on F1 Visa. I put my mother as my sponsor. (She is a US citizen) But my interview officer (Atlanta, GA) said that I don't need any sponsor and he put an X mark on my sponsor letter. I'm a graduate assistant and attached my bank balance statement to my AoS package. That's it. Since he didn't have my KCC file with him, he said he would approve my case within 3-4 days. If that didn't happen, he gave me his work phone number to call me next Wednesday. US sponsor is not a must if you have a proof for your own financial stablity.
@Sarah Nayomi who was your IO. The name on the right bottom of your IL... i have a Nguyen. thanks

On August 18, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXX. We will mail you an interview notice. - I can now see this on my online account.

I got the interview notification - now eagerly waiting for the IL. Phew! 1 x final hurdle to go.
I just checked my case status and it shows the same thing :D

Hey everyone!

Great news, on 08/17/2021 I received a call from an Officer at the Louisville office. She told me that she could schedule my interview for 08/31. I mentioned that my Bio notice had not been received yet and she told me it was no problem, and that she would get in contact with the Louisville office for Bio Appointments. She did and I got my notice the following day. I now have that and my interview schedule. I will soon be collecting all the important dates to share my path with you guys! Thank you so much.

I had one more question: It is regarding my wife FTJ proccess. I understand I should contact the embassy beforehand and tell them the case will be coming and also to tell the officer when I go to the interview to please send the case to the embassy and inform about my wife situation. My question is: What would be the appropriate way to contact the embassy, via email? Is there a part of the FTJ process that I should do that I have not mentioned so far? Hopefully 1 month will be enough to complete it!

Thanks so much!
regarding your FTJ -the book process is to file form i824 once you are approved and the process takes it course. Howevr given the tight timeline ..the best option for you is to contact embassy and explain the situation ( time sensitivity of the case). Embassy can initiate FTJ without the i824 OR get help from a congressmen/women and push your i824. If i were you i will call or email the embassy as a start.