• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi all,

I received a USPS Informed Delivery email notification today showing that a letter was coming from USCIS (DHS Federal Plaza NYC location).

I contacted a live agent via EMMA and confirmed that my BIO Appointment is scheduled for 8/16 (USCIS Varick St NYC location).

I asked if there was any chance my BIO and Interview could be conducted on the same day at this location, but was told that the BIO appointment and Interview are conducted at different NYC locations.

Apparently my case is not in the scheduling queue for an interview yet either.

I requested a callback from a Tier 2 agent to discuss scheduling the interview ASAP (up to 30 day turnaround time apparently).

I asked if the Varick St location might accept walk-ins for BIO appointments before the scheduled date if they were not busy, and was told that they do not. I checked the AOS spreadsheet and it looks like nobody adjusting status in NYC has listed an early walk-in date either. Curious to know if there are any New Yorkers out there who attempted an early BIO walk-in and were rejected?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I received a USPS Informed Delivery email notification today showing that a letter was coming from USCIS (DHS NY office address).

I contacted a live agent via EMMA and confirmed that my BIO Appointment is scheduled for 8/16 (USCIS Varick St NYC location).

I asked if there was any chance my BIO and Interview could be conducted on the same day at this location, but was told that the BIO appointment and Interview are conducted at different NYC locations.

I requested a callback from a Tier 2 agent to discuss scheduling the interview ASAP (up to 30 day turnaround time apparently).

I asked if the Varick St location might accept walk-ins for BIO appointments before the scheduled date if they were not busy, and was told that they do not. I checked the AOS spreadsheet and it looks like nobody adjusting status in NYC has listed an early walk-in date either. Curious to know if there are any New Yorkers out there who attempted an early BIO walk-in and were rejected?
If you’re close enough to varick st may as well give it a try.
The FO is in federal plaza (javits building)

If you’re close enough to varick st may as well give it a try.
The FO is in federal plaza (javits building)
Will do :)

EDIT: I am also tempted to try a BIO walk-in at a Long Island ASC, as I may be heading out that way to visit friends in early August too. Hopefully Long Islanders will be a little more chill about early appointments if I do show up!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I received a USPS Informed Delivery email notification today showing that a letter was coming from USCIS (DHS Federal Plaza NYC location).

Hi,
We're assigned to the same ASC and FO and I reached out yesterday to EMMA and was told my biometric appointment was scheduled (they worked on it on 07/20 apparently) but they were unable to provide me with a date. In today's mail I received the IL when I was expecting the bio one. Given you received the bio today and @Alice_P in NYC too received the IL today, they might have sent both IL and bio to all the NYC applicants earlier this week and we might receive the remaining letters shortly. Just guessing... (and hoping).

Side note: so thankful for this forum/spreadsheet and all the help provided by @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ and all the contributors!!

Hi,
We're assigned to the same ASC and FO and I reached out yesterday to EMMA and was told my biometric appointment was scheduled (they worked on it on 07/20 apparently) but they were unable to provide me with a date. In today's mail I received the IL when I was expecting the bio one. Given you received the bio today and @Alice_P in NYC too received the IL today, they might have sent both IL and bio to all the NYC applicants earlier this week and we might receive the remaining letters shortly. Just guessing... (and hoping).

Side note: so thankful for this forum/spreadsheet and all the help provided by @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ and all the contributors!!
was your IL from NBC or FO, just wondering.

Hi,

Oooh exciting! Thanks for sharing. I hope the Interview letter is on its way too even if the EMMA agent couldn't see it in the system for me yet :)

Our online accounts has just changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". Let me slowly digest this then I shall return to give details. A very BIG THANK YOU to Sm1smom for your patience & guidance through our AOS journey. And to the rest of the team, you're a great group of people!

Our online accounts has just changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". Let me slowly digest this then I shall return to give details. A very BIG THANK YOU to Sm1smom for your patience & guidance through our AOS journey. And to the rest of the team, you're a great group of people!

Congratulations! Enjoy the moment :D

PS Did they schedule your BIO and Interview on the same date? I checked the AOS spreadsheet and wasn't sure... Also would love to hear how your interview went!

Oooh exciting! Thanks for sharing. I hope the Interview letter is on its way too even if the EMMA agent couldn't see it in the system for me yet :)
I should have mentioned it earlier, but when EMMA told me that my biometric letter was on its way I asked if the interview was scheduled too and I received something like "your interview will be scheduled once the biometric appointment will be completed". So the IL might still be on its way and just the agent is not able to access it.

Hey @Sarishma I can see from the timeline that you are also in dallas FO and you tried a bio walk in. Just wanted to know if you were successful or not?

Thankyou
Hi,
Yes it was successful. The lady was first not sure as she told me they have not taken any walk-ins and probably wouldn’t do it . But I requested her saying my case is time sensitive and she let me in

Thank goodness my husband finally has his FTJ interview scheduled in mid-Aug. I will post more details on how we got here later.

Questions:
1. I will not attend his FTJ interview at our embassy with him of course. Does he need any of the originals of my documents for his FTJ interview in addition to his own civil documents? Such as my birth certificate, education qualification (i.e. diploma) and I-485 approval notice, etc.

2. I filed I-824 requesting FTJ benefit and now NBC is in possession of my immigration records (i.e. approved I-485). In other words, my FO probably does not have my files anymore and cannot forward them to the embassy as a result. How will the embassy validate my AOS status if the I-824 is not approved and files are not forwarded to them before the FTJ interview?

Thank you in advance.

Thank goodness my husband finally has his FTJ interview scheduled in mid-Aug. I will post more details on how we got here later.

Questions:
1. I will not attend his FTJ interview at our embassy with him of course. Does he need any of the originals of my documents for his FTJ interview in addition to his own civil documents? Such as my birth certificate, education qualification (i.e. diploma) and I-485 approval notice, etc.

2. I filed I-824 requesting FTJ benefit and now NBC is in possession of my immigration records (i.e. approved I-485). In other words, my FO probably does not have my files anymore and cannot forward them to the embassy as a result. How will the embassy validate my AOS status if the I-824 is not approved and files are not forwarded to them before the FTJ interview?

Thank you in advance.
1. Mom might correct but as that has all already been proven where it’s needed (to approve your case), he shouldn’t need any of that.

2. Do you have your green card yet? A copy of that and/or your A number should suffice.