• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone!

I had my interview today. FO: Hartford, CT.

I arrived at the FO 25 minutes in advance and they let me in anyway. Then I waited in the waiting room and the IO called me (even before my scheduled time).

The interview lasted almost 30 minutes. The IO asked me for drivers license, passport and date of birth. Then he wanted to know more about my job.

He also asked me the original birth certificate, which I gave him and he pointed the fact that there were 3 name listed, 1 first name and 2 middle names basically, although in all others documents I only have the first name listed, because, as I told him, I legally removed them at some point. Just to be clear in the I-485 form I did list those 2 middle names as other names used in the past, so I was fine with that. But he asked for a document showing that I really removed those 2 names. I never thought I needed such a document and of course I did not have it with me, so I sweated for a few minutes. I asked if that issue could affect my case and he said no, but if I ever apply for GC renewal or for citizenship I better have that piece of document, otherwise in the US system I will also have 3 names. By the way he said my GC will only show my first name, just because there won't be space for the other 2.

Then he asked me about my present and past addresses, parents names, present and past visa and went through all the yes/no questions.

At the end he said that it was an easy case and he would approve it right away. The card should arrive in 7-10 days, he said.
After half an hour I left the building my case changed in "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Finally this is the end of a long journey! It took 7 months from my AOS submission! I would like to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and all the other folks that answered to my questions. This forum is so precious and I couldn't have made it by my self without you guys!
Congratulations! :)

Hello everyone!

I had my interview today. FO: Hartford, CT.

I arrived at the FO 25 minutes in advance and they let me in anyway. Then I waited in the waiting room and the IO called me (even before my scheduled time).

The interview lasted almost 30 minutes. The IO asked me for drivers license, passport and date of birth. Then he wanted to know more about my job.

He also asked me the original birth certificate, which I gave him and he pointed the fact that there were 3 name listed, 1 first name and 2 middle names basically, although in all others documents I only have the first name listed, because, as I told him, I legally removed them at some point. Just to be clear in the I-485 form I did list those 2 middle names as other names used in the past, so I was fine with that. But he asked for a document showing that I really removed those 2 names. I never thought I needed such a document and of course I did not have it with me, so I sweated for a few minutes. I asked if that issue could affect my case and he said no, but if I ever apply for GC renewal or for citizenship I better have that piece of document, otherwise in the US system I will also have 3 names. By the way he said my GC will only show my first name, just because there won't be space for the other 2.

Then he asked me about my present and past addresses, parents names, present and past visa and went through all the yes/no questions.

At the end he said that it was an easy case and he would approve it right away. The card should arrive in 7-10 days, he said.
After half an hour I left the building my case changed in "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Finally this is the end of a long journey! It took 7 months from my AOS submission! I would like to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and all the other folks that answered to my questions. This forum is so precious and I couldn't have made it by my self without you guys!
Congratulations!!! And thank you for sharing your experience!

Hello,

I have a question. For the birth certificate, do I have to translate just mine and give the copy of the originals without translation for my relatives or do I have to translate everything and the marriage certificate ?

Hello,

I have a question. For the birth certificate, do I have to translate just mine and give the copy of the originals without translation for my relatives or do I have to translate everything and the marriage certificate ?
You are required to translate any document (not just the b/c) you're submitting in support of your application which is not in English. The same applies to all of you derivatives too - translate any document of theirs which is not in English.

Does anyone know if one can use one's corporate insurance in order to pay for the medical exam?
Also what is usually the standard price range for the medical exam?
Does $450 sound like a standard price for the medical exam without counting any additional required vaccinations?
you can always get vaccinations at the health department and its free with most health insurance

You are required to translate any document (not just the b/c) you're submitting in support of your application which is not in English. The same applies to all of you derivatives too - translate any document of theirs which is not in English.

Dear mom,

Does this apply to passports as well? My passport looks something like the attached sample passport, every word has its translation next to it.

1. Should I get this translated as well?
2. Has anyone reported having an issue for not including passport translation?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 4869_Inside.jpg
    4869_Inside.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 36
Update:
Our packages arrived at the lockbox on 5/12.
Check cashed on 6/3.
I still don't have the email.
I just saw 3 envelopes per person coming from USCIS on USPS informed delivery digest that's supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Why 3 envelopes? I'm so scared those are denial letters.

Hi guys! Our number went current in June. We sent our package and delivered on 5/14, received by A Adams.
<Situation>
It has been 27 days since the delivery and our check has not even been cashed yet. Of course we have not received an acceptance email or text. I do see one person on the timeline spreadsheet that sent the package 1 day after us and still hasn't been cashed. However, other than that, I see people who sent it even 1 week after (5/20) have been cashed and notified.

<Questions>
1)Given our timeline, at what point or when should we prepare and send another package? Do we need to wait until we receive the rejected package? In order for us to send another package, we need about 4-5 days for us to get the exam finished so want to plan for the worst and act quickly.

2)Lastly, how may I check if the person who received the package actually works for USCIS? I have the name but could not find a way to locate on USCIS website. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Update:
Check cashed on 6/3.
I just saw 3 envelopes per person coming from USCIS on USPS informed delivery digest that's supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Did you also submit the I-765 and I-131? You will receive one letter per application.

Dear mom,

Does this apply to passports as well? My passport looks something like the attached sample passport, every word has its translation next to it.

1. Should I get this translated as well?
2. Has anyone reported having an issue for not including passport translation?

Thank you!
I have no idea. When in doubt, translate and have it ready for when you go for your interview.

Update:
Check cashed on 6/3.
You mean you think they're sending 3 denial notices per person, just in case the first two get lost in transit? :cool:

You mean you think they're sending 3 denial notices per person, just in case the first two get lost in transit? :cool:
Good point. I thought they are sending back the whole packet in 3 separate envelopes because our packet was too big to fit in one and we sent it in a box.

Hi guys! Our number went current in June. We sent our package and delivered on 5/14, received by A Adams.
<Situation>
It has been 27 days since the delivery and our check has not even been cashed yet. Of course we have not received an acceptance email or text. I do see one person on the timeline spreadsheet that sent the package 1 day after us and still hasn't been cashed. However, other than that, I see people who sent it even 1 week after (5/20) have been cashed and notified.

<Questions>
1)Given our timeline, at what point or when should we prepare and send another package? Do we need to wait until we receive the rejected package? In order for us to send another package, we need about 4-5 days for us to get the exam finished so want to plan for the worst and act quickly.

2)Lastly, how may I check if the person who received the package actually works for USCIS? I have the name but could not find a way to locate on USCIS website. Any thoughts are appreciated!
1. Just putting a new package together and sending it without any confirmation of your previously sent package having been rejected is not recommended. Give it about one more week, and if there's still no update, follow up by calling the 1800 USCIS customer service number to see if they're able to see your application in the system even if you haven't received the NOA.
2. That is an unnecessary waste of time endeavor IMO. If you correctly addressed your package and the package got delivered as addressed, there's no need trying to figure out if the person who signed for the package actually works for USCIS or not.

Yes we did.
So what could it mean?
Each of you filed 3 applications, so each person is getting 3 NOAs for each of the filed application.
Good point. I thought they are sending back the whole packet in 3 separate envelopes because our packet was too big to fit in one and we sent it in a box.
They're using 3 separate "small" envelopes to send back each package as denied ... lol ... or your Informed Delivery digest doesn't show the size of the envelopes?

I sent my AOS on 04/20 and was accepted, but did not include the EAD application Form I-765, can I send it separately now? the EAD now will be valid for 2 years so might be helpful if my I-485 application was not finalized before Sep.

I sent my AOS on 04/20 and was accepted, but did not include the EAD application Form I-765, can I send it separately now? the EAD now will be valid for 2 years so might be helpful if my I-485 application was not finalized before Sep.
Both the EAD and AP associated with a DV based AOS application automatically become invalid once the applicable FY ends regardless of the expiration date written on the card.

Why won't it be finalized before September? We still have time, correct? I JUST got my text so am I not gon have enough time?

<Situation>

<Questions>

I don't want to give you a false feeling but this was my experience. Chat with USCIS Tier1 agent, they will tell you the status, from my understanding of your your situation it is more likely rejected. 5/14 package had been processed on June 1st. So I think you should've got the package in your mailbox now or soon.