• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello,
If I am a winner of DV 2021 with AF48***, when is the best time to start to prepare all documents needed for my application? or wait until my number becomes current and start everything. Thank you so much!

Hi,
I want to open PO box to be able to move while I will be waiting for an interview and hopefully a green card.
What address should I provide on a form to pay DV payment to KCC and on a self addressed stamped envelope? Should I provide my PO box address or my current physical address?

Thank you.

Hi,
I want to open PO box to be able to move while I will be waiting for an interview and hopefully a green card.
What address should I provide on a form to pay DV payment to KCC and on a self addressed stamped envelope? Should I provide my PO box address or my current physical address?

Thank you.
An address you still have access in 3-8 weeks.

Hello,
If I am a winner of DV 2021 with AF48***, when is the best time to start to prepare all documents needed for my application? or wait until my number becomes current and start everything. Thank you so much!
You can start preparing your document as early as today. Fill the required forms and follow the spreadsheet. then you will realize what documents you need. But check the versions of the forms(e.g. I-485) before you send the application.

I worked on campus last semester, but i forgot to file tax return for that on campus job i held. Do you think it will have any effect on my AOS process?

I worked on campus last semester, but i forgot to file tax return for that on campus job i held. Do you think it will have any effect on my AOS process?
If you held a job that is subject to income tax then you should have filed the tax regardless of AOS process. The form I-944 specifically ask for the tax document for the most recent year. So, you have two options right now,
1. you can still file the tax for the year 2019 and get the transcript in time(hopefully) (you should follow this option if you are planning to send you AOS package before mid Jan-2021)
2.file the tax for the year 2020 and include the transcript with your AOS package( you can try this if you can wait until next tax filling season(Jan 2021))

Yes, I did it was my own fundings. About $12000 (only myself in my household) but the bank statement only contain the last month transactions.

I can also file the i-134, with my family providing bank statements, pay stubs and everything. Does that work?

I'm not sure you and I are on the same page. I asked if you included form I-944 with your AOS package, you said you did using your own fund and that your bank statement contains just last month's transactions. You do realize the I-944 requires 12 months of bank statements if you are listing your banking details on the form? Providing a one month's statement with a large sum of money comes across like you did a sudden dump of money into the account. It is to guard against such that USCIS requires 12 months of bank statement as this help establish a pattern of what funding you have.

Again, your best bet is to find a USC or a LPR to provide you with an I-134. An I-134 from your family back home doesn't meet the requirement for overcoming public charge perception.

Hi Mom,

I only have one name and when I applied for the DV, I checked the box "no first name". Therefore, in my 1NL, the KCC addressed me as "NFN Feli".
However, I have different names on my official documents:
SSN's name: Feli
Passport: Feli
F1 visa and I-20: FNU Feli
W2: Feli Feli
School Diplomas: Feli
Bank accounts: Feli Feli
Driver's license: Feli

I recently had issues with the RMV in Massachusetts because of my name. Should I do something about this to avoid issues or delays in my AOS process? Thank you in advance!

When filing out the forms for your AOS package, list your name as shown on your passport, this ensures your GC gets issued with the same name. The good news for you is the fact that your SSN already matches that. You don't need to do any other thing except making sure you list out all the other variations in the "Other Name used in the past" sections of all the forms you'll be sending in. You background check will be conducted using the official name and the different variations you've used.

Hello Mom,

Have the i-485 filing fees for adults and children changed recently? As I understand It was supposed to be $1130 for everyone starting from October 2, 2020.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Hello Mom,

Have the i-485 filing fees for adults and children changed recently? As I understand It was supposed to be $1130 for everyone starting from October 2, 2020.

Thank you,

The current I-485 filing fee for a ages 14-78 is $1,140 plus $85 bio fee. The fee change which was scheduled to become effective on Oct. 2nd is currently undergoing a legal challenge (pending lawsuits), so for the time being USCIS is still using the old fee structure.

The current I-485 filing fee for a ages 14-78 is $1,140 plus $85 bio fee. The fee change which was scheduled to become effective on Oct. 2nd is currently undergoing a legal challenge (pending lawsuits), so for the time being USCIS is still using the old fee structure.
Ok, thank you!

hi,
Form i-134
Part Number 3
Item Number 38
what I should answer this question if I fully support the person

I intend or I do not intend to make specific

Hi Mom,

I've filled our AOS package on October 8th(Delivered).

We still haven't heard anything back from the USCIS.

How long will it take for them to start the process?

Meanwhile, the I-485 form expires on October 31st. If they don't open our documents until the beginning of November, Is it possible that our AOS be rejected?

I'm not sure you and I are on the same page. I asked if you included form I-944 with your AOS package, you said you did using your own fund and that your bank statement contains just last month's transactions. You do realize the I-944 requires 12 months of bank statements if you are listing your banking details on the form? Providing a one month's statement with a large sum of money comes across like you did a sudden dump of money into the account. It is to guard against such that USCIS requires 12 months of bank statement as this help establish a pattern of what funding you have.

Again, your best bet is to find a USC or a LPR to provide you with an I-134. An I-134 from your family back home doesn't meet the requirement for overcoming public charge perception.

Hello,
So I was able to find a US Citizen sponsor who’s going to be filling the i134. Is there a specific document that he has to provide aside from what have been listed in the instructions ?

Hello,
So I was able to find a US Citizen sponsor who’s going to be filling the i134. Is there a specific document that he has to provide aside from what have been listed in the instructions ?
Also, for a person who leaves alone ( only one person in the household), how much does she need to have on her bank statement, tax records?

Nov visa bulletin is out, but Asia is moving so slow.. should I be worried if I have rather high rank number? ASXXX16XXX
I would totally expect things to be moving slow... they will have a crush of 4 or 5 months’ worth of cases to process at once when the ban is over, no point just making that worse. ( I am almost surprised they are even moving much right now tbh, family based cases have not moved at all for 3 months and barely since the few before that.) Wondering if there will be an order to prioritize DV cases once cases re-start - if that’s the case we could see significant catch-up next year - September showed they can process an awful lot of DV visas when they need to, and that was even with some embassies still closed.

Hi Mom,

Just wanted to ask everyone here if they have received their DOS receipt yet I have sent it via USPS a month ago and still don't have a reply from them. Any way I can contact the DOS to check if they have received it?

Thanks,

Hello,

You need a copy of the W-2 or 1099 and a government issued ID of whoever is filling out form I-134 for you.