• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I just received my DV administrative fee payment receipt. It is the same payment form I sent to the DV program but with a "paid" stamp on it. I thought it would be a more formal one like I got for US visa before. Is this the right thing I need to send with the application?

Hi Mom,

Thank you and other moderators very very much for your great service! My wife won DV lottery 2021, she is J2 I am J1 visa, CN 2021AS****15**.

We sent our package for AOS package on Oct 2 2020 Friday to USCIS PO Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120 through USPS and USPS tracking indicates that it was delivered on Oct 5th evening. From that time 15 days have passed and we have not received any email, text, or mail from USCIS. Would you suggest waiting a bit more or to try to contact USCIS now by sending email to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov.

Thank you very much for your time! We appreciate a lot your and other moderator's help.

Hello Mom,

I checked the files you had attached about the public charge. I am still confused about answering question 17 in Part 3 of the form i-944 which is asking "Have you ever disenrolled, withdrawn from, or requested to be disenrolled from public benefit(s)" I had applied for affordable housing and requested withdrawal of my application on Feb 26, 2020, before approval or receiving any benefits. I received the cancellation letter of my application later on. Should my answer to question 17 be yes or not.

Very respectfully,

Last edited:
I just received my DV administrative fee payment receipt. It is the same payment form I sent to the DV program but with a "paid" stamp on it. I thought it would be a more formal one like I got for US visa before. Is this the right thing I need to send with the application?

Yes, that is the payment receipt.

Hi Mom,

Thank you and other moderators very very much for your great service! My wife won DV lottery 2021, she is J2 I am J1 visa, CN 2021AS****15**.

We sent our package for AOS package on Oct 2 2020 Friday to USCIS PO Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120 through USPS and USPS tracking indicates that it was delivered on Oct 5th evening. From that time 15 days have passed and we have not received any email, text, or mail from USCIS. Would you suggest waiting a bit more or to try to contact USCIS now by sending email to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov.

Thank you very much for your time! We appreciate a lot your and other moderator's help.

It is actually less than 15 "business days" since the package was delivered. Be patient, USCIS is backed up.

Hello Mom,

I checked the files you had attached about the public charge. I am still confused about answering question 17 in Part 3 of the form i-944 which is asking "Have you ever disenrolled, withdrawn from, or requested to be disenrolled from public benefit(s)" I had applied for affordable housing and requested withdrawal of my application on Feb 26, 2020, before approval or receiving any benefits. I received the cancellation letter of my application later on. Should my answer to question 17 be yes or not.

Very respectfully,

Answer Yes

It is actually less than 15 "business days" since the package was delivered. Be patient, USCIS is backed up.
Dear Mom,

Thank you very much for your quick reply! Your reply reduces our stress a lot. Ohh, business days!, thank you! It makes sense, we will be patient, especially in these times.

Have a great day and thank you for your great service!

Thank you. Do I need to provide the details in the additional information at the end of the form? How this withdrawal affects my application? Positively or negatively?

Item Number 17. Disenrollment from Public Benefits. If you answer “Yes” to Item Number 17., please provide evidence of your disenrollment or your request to disenroll if the public benefit granting agency has not processed your request.
I-944 Form Instruction

I put N/A as middle name in my I-693 form but now I have read that many of you suggest to leave that box blank.

Would it be OK if in I-485 ad I-944 I will leave that box blank or should I be consistent and keep writing N/A not to generate confusion?

Thank you

I put N/A as middle name in my I-693 form but now I have read that many of you suggest to leave that box blank.

Would it be OK if in I-485 ad I-944 I will leave that box blank or should I be consistent and keep writing N/A not to generate confusion?

Thank you
I would leave it blank. I don't think it will cause any problem.

Hello Mom,

First of all, thank you very much for your time and support. My questions are as following:

1. Is Commonwealth of Virginia Medicaid a Federally funded benefit?
2. Form i-944 requires the amount of $ received by the recipient of the public benefit. How to get that information?
3. If I fill the form i-944 on behalf of my kid(s) am I a preparer? Is my kid authorizing me to fill the form on his/her behalf?

Kind regards,

Hello Mom,

First of all, thank you very much for your time and support. My questions are as following:

1. Is Commonwealth of Virginia Medicaid a Federally funded benefit?
2. Form i-944 requires the amount of $ received by the recipient of the public benefit. How to get that information?
3. If I fill the form i-944 on behalf of my kid(s) am I a preparer? Is my kid authorizing me to fill the form on his/her behalf?

Kind regards,

1. Yes it is - “Medicaid is jointly funded through federal and state dollars and administered by the state. Every dollar Virginia spends in Medicaid is matched by a dollar in federal funds.“
Understanding Virginia’s MedicAid Insurance

2. Contact the agency that provided the benefits.

3. Yes. Authorization is implied in such a relationship.

Hey! can you tell me how long it took to get the receipt? I sent mine a month ago and I'm still waiting

Hi @jewelmerit1995, my DV administrative fee payment was delivered on 09/17/2020 and I got back the receipt in my mailbox on 09/30/2020. However, I have not received 2NL for my DS260 submitted on 09/15/2020. I hope this helps.
Thank you for the answer! that's weird because I made my payment a month ago and I haven't gotten anything back yet so I'm tripping.

What payment method did you use?
So what I did is this:
1) I used a cashier's check that has $330 on it to the order of U.S. Department of State and I wrote my DV case number at the bottom of the check. 2) I printed this form (https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...m-entry/adjustment-of-status-fee-payment.html) Then I filled it up and put it in an envelope and asked the lady for a self addressed stamped envelope where i wrote my address and put it all together.

I sent it on September 25th, it got delivered on the 27th and the check got cashed on October 2nd but I haven't heard back since then. I was wondering why would it take more than 20 days to send the receipt if the check was cashed out already. I check the return tracking number and it says "Label Created, not yet in system". I emailed them today to see what's going on, hopefully they answer back soon. My number is likely gonna be current by December and I'm worried that I won't get my 2nl and receipt on time.
I'm sorry mom I know you hate it when we ask the same questions multiple times but I'm just worried that maybe there has been a mistake in the process granted that everyone else got their within 2-3 weeks.

So what I did is this:
1) I used a cashier's check that has $330 on it to the order of U.S. Department of State and I wrote my DV case number at the bottom of the check. 2) I printed this form (https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...m-entry/adjustment-of-status-fee-payment.html) Then I filled it up and put it in an envelope and asked the lady for a self addressed stamped envelope where i wrote my address and put it all together.

I sent it on September 25th, it got delivered on the 27th and the check got cashed on October 2nd but I haven't heard back since then. I was wondering why would it take more than 20 days to send the receipt if the check was cashed out already. I check the return tracking number and it says "Label Created, not yet in system". I emailed them today to see what's going on, hopefully they answer back soon. My number is likely gonna be current by December and I'm worried that I won't get my 2nl and receipt on time.
I'm sorry mom I know you hate it when we ask the same questions multiple times but I'm just worried that maybe there has been a mistake in the process granted that everyone else got their within 2-3 weeks.

Okay, so you’re already one or two steps ahead of me, which is good. I was going to suggest you check to confirm if pay the payment had been cashed or not. And you’ve already emailed the KCC, now hang tight and wait for their response.