• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

To pay the AOS fee, I went to the bank and asked for a cashier's check. I didn't know it had to name the recipient specifically and the payment instructions don't say exactly what to use. So they gave me something which they said is exactly the same except I can write who it's payable to, like a personal check. But it's a "Personal Money Order".

1. Is that ok?
2. And should I just make it payable to "US Deptartment of State"?

Do civil surgeons have to attach copies of our vaccine records to the I-693 as supporting documents?

I have shown mine in my native language to the civil surgeon and since she could understand what was on it, she said it wasn't necessary to translate it and she just reported the information on the I-693.

But now I'm thinking that if that is a supporting document it won't have any English translation attached and it may be an issue with USICS.

Should I translate it and bring a copy do the doctor? She hasn't sealed the envelope yet.

To pay the AOS fee, I went to the bank and asked for a cashier's check. I didn't know it had to name the recipient specifically and the payment instructions don't say exactly what to use. So they gave me something which they said is exactly the same except I can write who it's payable to, like a personal check. But it's a "Personal Money Order".

1. Is that ok?
2. And should I just make it payable to "US Deptartment of State"?

1. Is using a “Personal Money Order” okay? I don’t know. You may give it a shot if you like. A handful of 2020 AOSers reported making they successfully made the payment with their personal check.
2. Yes, made payable to US Deptartment of State.

Do civil surgeons have to attach copies of our vaccine records to the I-693 as supporting documents?

I have shown mine in my native language to the civil surgeon and since she could understand what was on it, she said it wasn't necessary to translate it and she just reported the information on the I-693.

But now I'm thinking that if that is a supporting document it won't have any English translation attached and it may be an issue with USICS.

Should I translate it and bring a copy do the doctor? She hasn't sealed the envelope yet.

As far as the medical exam is concerned, USCIS is only interested in whatever the CS has put on the I-693.

Hi I am doing PhD here in US. I don't have my high school diploma with me. Would that be issue if I can't provide high school diploma? I have my bachelor and master diplomas. When we enter university, the university actually keeps our high school diplomas in their archives so they do not return it back when we graduate.

Note: I can still show a document that show I graduate from high school, year, name etc.

Would that be enough?

Hi I am doing PhD here in US. I don't have my high school diploma with me. Would that be issue if I can't provide high school diploma? I have my bachelor and master diplomas. When we enter university, the university actually keeps our high school diplomas in their archives so they do not return it back when we graduate.

Note: I can still show a document that show I graduate from high school, year, name etc.

Would that be enough?

We've had a couple of reports in the past where the IO insisted on seeing the HS Diploma. Does this happen all the time? No. So, your call.

Would that be enough?
I had the same problem. I sent an email to my university’s registration office and they sent a copy of my high school diploma. It’s not the original but this is the best I can find. You can try the same thing.

I had the same problem. I sent an email to my university’s registration office and they sent a copy of my high school diploma. It’s not the original but this is the best I can find. You can try the same thing.
I don't think they will email me but I sent email. Let's wait, fingers crossed:)

Hello,

I’m a student under F1 visa, 2021 selectee eligible for AOS.
My CN: 2021AF 25XX

I was able to file my package but concerning my bank statement, I just filed my monthly statement that my bank send me (every month, then it only shows transactions from the last month). Will I get denied for that?

Also, do international students need to provide a statement of more than 125% poverty line (Since we only work less than 20h on campus, mostly making $10/h). Or simply our parent’s bank statements from abroad can work?

Hello,

I’m a student under F1 visa, 2021 selectee eligible for AOS.
My CN: 2021AF 25XX

I was able to file my package but concerning my bank statement, I just filed my monthly statement that my bank send me (every month, then it only shows transactions from the last month). Will I get denied for that?

Also, do international students need to provide a statement of more than 125% poverty line (Since we only work less than 20h on campus, mostly making $10/h). Or simply our parent’s bank statements from abroad can work?

Did you include form I-944 with your AOS package? All AOSers are required to demonstrate they will not become a public charge regardless of what they currently earn or do not earn. The I-944 will be used in making that determination. If you're not looking strong based on what you filled out on the I-944, I suggest you find a USC or a LPR who can fill out an I-134 indicating their willingness to support you - this can help overcome the public charge perception

Did you include form I-944 with your AOS package? All AOSers are required to demonstrate they will not become a public charge regardless of what they currently earn or do not earn. The I-944 will be used in making that determination. If you're not looking strong based on what you filled out on the I-944, I suggest you find a USC or a LPR who can fill out an I-134 indicating their willingness to support you - this can help overcome the public charge perception

Yes, I did it was my own fundings. About $12000 (only myself in my household) but the bank statement only contain the last month transactions.

I can also file the i-134, with my family providing bank statements, pay stubs and everything. Does that work?

hi , i filed my app on oct 2 its been more than 3 weeks now , nothing yet ..anybody filed within this time frame got their receipt?....or would they usually take more time?

hi , i filed my app on oct 2 its been more than 3 weeks now , nothing yet ..anybody filed within this time frame got their receipt?....or would they usually take more time?
I filed Oct 7th, still waiting too. Did you send a personal check with your application? If so, did they cash your check? They haven't cashed my check yet. I hope that this is just COVID delay and nothing serious

Hi Mom,

I only have one name and when I applied for the DV, I checked the box "no first name". Therefore, in my 1NL, the KCC addressed me as "NFN Feli".
However, I have different names on my official documents:
SSN's name: Feli
Passport: Feli
F1 visa and I-20: FNU Feli
W2: Feli Feli
School Diplomas: Feli
Bank accounts: Feli Feli
Driver's license: Feli

I recently had issues with the RMV in Massachusetts because of my name. Should I do something about this to avoid issues or delays in my AOS process? Thank you in advance!

yeah i dont know what's happening with KCC and USCIS, it's going super slow. I paid my DV fees about a month ago and haven't received my receipt yet. The November visa bulletin haven't dropped too and it's the 26th, it never got this late! so there's def something going on with immigration