• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

It's been 23 days since our interview at the Boston FO and we finally got the "new card is being produced" status this morning!!

We're not sure why it took over 3 weeks to reach a decision since the IO said he had everything he needed (KCC file, biometrics background check results). But we are relieved and so happy this process is almost complete. We'll be completely relieved once we actually have the GC in our hands.

Thank you soooooooo much to Mom for answering all of our questions, creating the spreadsheets, and guiding us through this long journey. Also thanks to all the other contributors who provided answers and a sense of community.

We wish the best to everyone who is still going through the process! You can do it!!
Congratulations

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ Sorry to bother you again. New Orleans’ office has been officially closed for Monday, we expect a really bad hurricane. (1) Do you recall other instances in previous years where interviews had to be rescheduled so close to the end of the FY?
(2) Would you suggest I do anything other than just wait for another letter some day? (I guess it also makes me worried the timeline that might take in the aftermath of a hurricane)

Thank you and apologies for the annoyance about this

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ Sorry to bother you again. New Orleans’ office has been officially closed for Monday, we expect a really bad hurricane. (1) Do you recall other instances in previous years where interviews had to be rescheduled so close to the end of the FY?
(2) Would you suggest I do anything other than just wait for another letter some day? (I guess it also makes me worried the timeline that might take in the aftermath of a hurricane)

Thank you and apologies for the annoyance about this
Sorry to learn your FO has been officially closed due to the anticipated hurricane. Yes, this is not unusual, even so close to the end of the FY. There’s nothing you can do at this point except wait for the hurricane to pass first and for the FO to reopen. If your FO feel transferring your case to another FO not impacted by the hurricane could be of help, they will take the necessary steps to address that. For now, you need to focus on staying safe.

Sorry to learn your FO has been officially closed due to the anticipated hurricane. Yes, this is not unusual, even so close to the end of the FY. There’s nothing you can do at this point except wait for the hurricane to pass first and for the FO to reopen. If your FO feel transferring your case to another FO not impacted by the hurricane could be of help, they will take the necessary steps to address that. For now, you need to focus on staying safe.
I know, this is probably the last thing that should be in my mind but I think my brain has collapsed and just can’t handle it so it focuses on these seemingly small issues (in the scheme of having a hurricane above my head for this weekend).
I will keep hoping I make it before the deadline, I felt so close already! I could almost touch the finish line! :(

Hi Mom and all,
I have a question, I am on F1 Visa and I won 2021 DV. I have been following silently. most questions I had were answered when I looked at the spreadsheet and here. So, I just finished my school requirements for my program early this month. my school advised me to apply for OPT, they just sent me a new I-20. They told me I have 30days to apply for the OPT. I have the progress of my case on the spreadsheet. Do you think my applying for OPT now will have an impact on my case? I did my Bio last week on the 20th. my Field office(ST Paul Minnesota) asked for my Medicals and KCC receipt which I sent and they received it on the 10th of this month. The only thing I am waiting for is the interview for now.

Hi Mom and all,
I have a question, I am on F1 Visa and I won 2021 DV. I have been following silently. most questions I had were answered when I looked at the spreadsheet and here. So, I just finished my school requirements for my program early this month. my school advised me to apply for OPT, they just sent me a new I-20. They told me I have 30days to apply for the OPT. I have the progress of my case on the spreadsheet. Do you think my applying for OPT now will have an impact on my case? I did my Bio last week on the 20th. my Field office(ST Paul Minnesota) asked for my Medicals and KCC receipt which I sent and they received it on the 10th of this month. The only thing I am waiting for is the interview for now.
No known effect on your AOS application. It is a good idea to apply for OPT to have a fall-back status.

Hi Mom and all,
No impact. You most likely wouldn’t need it, fingers crossed, but no harm in applying. And you don’t have to rush into doing so, by the way since you have 30 days to get that taken care of.

Hi Mom, our interview was on Aug 24 for 3 applicants (me, my wife, and 2-year-old daughter), my wife and I changed statuses after a few hours to "new card being produced", but our daughter still has a "case was received", this is normal or some kind of technical glitch? is it worth worrying about?

Interview Update

9:20 AM: Arrived at Office, went through security and checked in.
9:35 AM: IO called me for interview (Interview was scheduled for 9.30am)
- IO requested for IDs (I gave Passport and DL) - IO flicked through all pages of passport, looking at previous visas, I-94 stamps, and other country visas.
- Said the Oath.
- Picture and index fingerprints were taken (probably to verify identity)
- Started going through I-485.
--- Asked Name, DOB, Place of Birth, Parent's Names, SSN, Address and length of time I'd been living there
--- Asked about work, what I did and how long I'd been working there.
--- Asked about Last date of entry into the US. She was little confused, as she was looking at the stamp in my passport and it did not match the date I put down. (I checked after the interview, and she was looking at a Canadian border stamp, which looks similar to the US one) Either way she made a correction, but then near the end of the interview she saw my online I-94 print out and saw the correct date there and so erased the correction.
--- Went through multiple Y/N questions (Mine were all no)
- She doubled checked the medical forms.
- IO requested two most recent paystubs which I gave.
- She then asked if there was anything I'd like to add to the package. I added my DV Fee receipt as I didn't submit that with the original package.

I asked her about biometrics and KCC file. She said biometrics were on file, and didn't understand the KCC file question. She said that she needs to review my case, and double check on my background/criminal check and also my immigration history to make sure I wasn't out of status at any time. Assuming those come back fine, she would approve. I asked about a time frame, she responded saying it would be processed by September 30th, and then reassured me she would review it today.

9.55 AM: Interview Complete and after interview, online status changed to "Interview complete and my case is under review"
10.45: Online Case status changed to "New card being produced"

IO was polite throughout the interview.

Thanks @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for creating and managing this forum and spreadsheet every year. These are top tier resources for the DV process. Also all the Chicago FO peeps and everyone else for posting updates and asking the questions, so I don't have to :p.

Crossing my fingers that everyone else's case progresses smoothly.

Hi Mom, our interview was on Aug 24 for 3 applicants (me, my wife, and 2-year-old daughter), my wife and I changed statuses after a few hours to "new card being produced", but our daughter still has a "case was received", this is normal or some kind of technical glitch? is it worth worrying about?
Could be an idea oversight. Wait until you you and your wife receive your GC first to see if your daughter’s will also show up or not.

Hi everyone,

I have seen from the previous posts, that some AOS applicants check with KCC whether their KCC file has been sent to the FO before the interview. However, I am a little confused about this “file” because, after I submitted my DS 260, the following message was received as the confirmation, and I did not receive anything else from KCC via email/mail.

“You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment.”

Am I missing anything that I should receive from KCC?

Thank you for your kind support.

Hi everyone,

I have seen from the previous posts, that some AOS applicants check with KCC whether their KCC file has been sent to the FO before the interview. However, I am a little confused about this “file” because, after I submitted my DS 260, the following message was received as the confirmation, and I did not receive anything else from KCC via email/mail.

“You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment.”

You’re not missing anything you should have received from KCC. However you need to take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet to understand what the KCC is about.

Interview Update

9:20 AM: Arrived at Office, went through security and checked in.
9:35 AM: IO called me for interview (Interview was scheduled for 9.30am)
- IO requested for IDs (I gave Passport and DL) - IO flicked through all pages of passport, looking at previous visas, I-94 stamps, and other country visas.
- Said the Oath.
- Picture and index fingerprints were taken (probably to verify identity)
- Started going through I-485.
--- Asked Name, DOB, Place of Birth, Parent's Names, SSN, Address and length of time I'd been living there
--- Asked about work, what I did and how long I'd been working there.
--- Asked about Last date of entry into the US. She was little confused, as she was looking at the stamp in my passport and it did not match the date I put down. (I checked after the interview, and she was looking at a Canadian border stamp, which looks similar to the US one) Either way she made a correction, but then near the end of the interview she saw my online I-94 print out and saw the correct date there and so erased the correction.
--- Went through multiple Y/N questions (Mine were all no)
- She doubled checked the medical forms.
- IO requested two most recent paystubs which I gave.
- She then asked if there was anything I'd like to add to the package. I added my DV Fee receipt as I didn't submit that with the original package.

I asked her about biometrics and KCC file. She said biometrics were on file, and didn't understand the KCC file question. She said that she needs to review my case, and double check on my background/criminal check and also my immigration history to make sure I wasn't out of status at any time. Assuming those come back fine, she would approve. I asked about a time frame, she responded saying it would be processed by September 30th, and then reassured me she would review it today.

9.55 AM: Interview Complete and after interview, online status changed to "Interview complete and my case is under review"
10.45: Online Case status changed to "New card being produced"

IO was polite throughout the interview.

Thanks @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for creating and managing this forum and spreadsheet every year. These are top tier resources for the DV process. Also all the Chicago FO peeps and everyone else for posting updates and asking the questions, so I don't have to :p.

Crossing my fingers that everyone else's case progresses smoothly.
Congratulations.

Hi everyone,

I just got done with my interview today. Thankyou everyone specially @Sm1smom for helping me during the whole process.

The interview went smoothly. I reached the FO at around 11 AM(my interview was at 11:30). soon after I was done with the security check, a lady came to take me for the interview. she asked many questions from the form I-485, she also asked me if I was still in school to which I said no, I have graduated, then she asked when did I graduate and if I was working. to which I said yes and told my company name. she also asked what kind of work I do. she didn't aske me for any documents.(I had not sent any documents related to my work with the form I-485). Then she asked me to sign a paper and told me that she will do a final background check and that I should receive the card within 30 days and after about 10 minutes the status changed to NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED.
Thankyou everyone once again. Thankyou so much.

I have a question regarding the card delivery, so, do we get the tracking number once the card is sent out?
Congratulations!
Yes your status will change a few times once the card is ordered. Mine didn't update with the tracking number until a day after USPS had picked it up and it was delivered the following day.