• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello Everyone,
I have an interview tomorrow. I am continuing F1 studnet since 2016.
1. Do I need to bring a copy of my sponsor citizenship? I have his copy of the Drivers' Licence.
2. Do I need to bring my tax transcripts? I have copies of tax refunds only.

Hello Everyone,
1. Do I need to bring a copy of my sponsor citizenship? I have his copy of the Drivers' Licence.
if I was you, I bring both just in case.

Hello Everyone,
1. Previously answered here
2. Also previously answered here

Hi everyone,

It's been 23 days since our interview at the Boston FO and we finally got the "new card is being produced" status this morning!!

We're not sure why it took over 3 weeks to reach a decision since the IO said he had everything he needed (KCC file, biometrics background check results). But we are relieved and so happy this process is almost complete. We'll be completely relieved once we actually have the GC in our hands.

Thank you soooooooo much to Mom for answering all of our questions, creating the spreadsheets, and guiding us through this long journey. Also thanks to all the other contributors who provided answers and a sense of community.

We wish the best to everyone who is still going through the process! You can do it!!

Hello mom,
Some good news this morning. FO replied to congressman office asking why I did not pay the correct DV fees. I had sent an email to KCC about it but they never responded. I explained to him that my husband is abroad and will be doing follow-to-join and he told me USCIS is not aware of it. He asked me to send an email to him explaining that my husband is abroad and will be doing follow-to-join and he will send it to FO. Do I need to send another email to KCC?

Hi everyone,

It's been 23 days since our interview at the Boston FO and we finally got the "new card is being produced" status this morning!!

We're not sure why it took over 3 weeks to reach a decision since the IO said he had everything he needed (KCC file, biometrics background check results). But we are relieved and so happy this process is almost complete. We'll be completely relieved once we actually have the GC in our hands.

Thank you soooooooo much to Mom for answering all of our questions, creating the spreadsheets, and guiding us through this long journey. Also thanks to all the other contributors who provided answers and a sense of community.

We wish the best to everyone who is still going through the process! You can do it!!
Congratulations. Enjoy your new status.

Hello mom,
Some good news this morning. FO replied to congressman office asking why I did not pay the correct DV fees. I had sent an email to KCC about it but they never responded. I explained to him that my husband is abroad and will be doing follow-to-join and he told me USCIS is not aware of it. He asked me to send an email to him explaining that my husband is abroad and will be doing follow-to-join and he will send it to FO. Do I need to send another email to KCC?
That’s some good news indeed. Yes, do send another email to KCC letting them know you made just one payment (for yourself) because your husband will be processing FTJ and making his payment at the embassy.

You can also include the USDOS page (in your response to the congress rep and KCC) which says:
“Family members living overseas will pay the diversity immigrant visa fees at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where they will receive their visa. The fee for these family members must not be paid in the United States.

That’s some good news indeed. Yes, do send another email to KCC letting them know you made just one payment (for yourself) because your husband will be processing FTJ and making his payment at the embassy.

You can also include the USDOS page (in your response to the congress rep and KCC) which says:
“Family members living overseas will pay the diversity immigrant visa fees at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where they will receive their visa. The fee for these family members must not be paid in the United States.

Thanks mom

Hi everyone,

Congratulations!!

Interview Update

Field Office: Reno, NV
Interview date: 08/24/2021
Interview time: 7:30am

Interview was quick and easy overall.

I am the DV selectee and my wife and daughter are the derivatives. We have two other young kids (2yrs and 5 months olds) who are USC’s. It’s a 4hr drive from where we live to the field office and so we arrived in Reno on the evening of the 23rd. We took along our two USC kids as we did not have anyone to leave them with. On the morning of the 24th, we arrived at the Field Office at approximately 7:20 and were met at the entrance by a security officer. He asked to check our interview letters. He spotted that my wife’s interview and that of my daughter’s were scheduled for later times (8:30 and 10:30 respectively) in the day but I explained to him we were a family and so he was okay with that and wondered why they gave us different times. He took our IDs (passports), went inside and then returned. He said we were good to come inside and had no problems with us coming in with our two USCs. He had me read some covid questions that had been pasted on the entrance door to make sure my answers were “no” for everyone in the family. They were the usual questions about experiencing cough and what not symptoms. The security officer then led us through the entrance door to the security check point where checking mimicked airport security checks. After completing that, we were asked to be seated in a waiting room. I left our interview letters at a window in the waiting room as was instructed by the security and the letter was picked up by the interview officer a couple of minutes after. He then called us to his office to begin the interview.

Before diving into questions, he mentioned that he didn’t have a whole lot of questions. He said they had not handled many DV cases historically but knew DV gets prioritized quickly. He mentioned that he knew that visas were available and so that was not a problem. He had us stand to do the oath and then he went through questions about our physical address, whether I was still working with the company I had on the form, which organizations we were part of and then the yes/no questions. He said all was good and that he would go into the system and update. I mentioned that my last name had been misspelled and he noted that. I also gave him recent paystubs, bank account statements and a copy of my daughter’s new birth certificate which had a correction. I also mentioned we had not done biometrics yet and then he said that’s the most important one and so he quickly arranged for us to do our biometrics. The Reno ASC is in the same building and so he took us over to get that done. The IO didn’t ask to see any originals; he just had us append our signatures on the forms after the questions.

All in all, we were in and out in about an hour between the interview and the biometrics. Biometrics went fine with no issues and was quick too. Just before we left the office, I asked the IO when to expect feedback and he said biometrics usually clears in 48hr; he had everything he needed but will send an RFE if he needed anything more. Everyone there was so nice and polite. Our statuses have not changed yet (still finger fee received) but we wait patiently and are confident we’ll see approval soon. Will update the group as soon as our statuses change.

Apologies for making this long but I hope the details may be useful to someone as other experiences shared on here have been useful to us. Thanks to everyone on this forum and thanks to @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for their great efforts. Also thanks to @yaw199 … we live in the same area and luckily from the same country and so we have been in constant touch monitoring progresses of each other.
Update

I missed a call few minutes ago from an “unknown” number. I tried to call back but it would not go through and realized the caller had left a voicemail. I played the voice and this was my IO calling to say he had approved the cases of me and my family and that we should expect the card in 2 weeks. The happiness in me was indescribable. I went in to check our statuses and they had all 3 changed to “New card is being produced”.

So excited for this; our package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox on July 15 and today our case has been approved (much shorter than I thought this would take). Even though the actual process didn’t take long relatively, it’s been almost over a year of trying to get this far since our first package got rejected because we had filed even before the beginning of the FY (lol)… and then we got to know about this forum through one of @Britsimon videos. This forum has been good to us, reading every single post and making notes to make sure we didn’t miss anything.

Once again thank you to everyone and remember to stay positive. I hope everyone on here gets done before Sep 30.

Update

I missed a call few minutes ago from an “unknown” number. I tried to call back but it would not go through and realized the caller had left a voicemail. I played the voice and this was my IO calling to say he had approved the cases of me and my family and that we should expect the card in 2 weeks. The happiness in me wasFa indescribable. I went in to check our statuses and they had all 3 changed to “New card is being produced”.

So excited for this; our package arrived at the Chicago Lockbox on July 15 and today our case has been approved (much shorter than I thought this would take). Even though the actual process didn’t take long relatively, it’s been almost over a year of trying to get this far since our first package got rejected because we had filed even before the beginning of the FY (lol)… and then we got to know about this forum through one of @Britsimon videos. This forum has been good to us, reading every single post and making notes to make sure we didn’t miss anything.

Once again thank you to everyone and remember to stay positive. I hope everyone on here gets done before Sep 30.
Fantastic news!

I just got done with my interview today. Thankyou everyone specially @Sm1smom for helping me during the whole process.

The interview went smoothly. I reached the FO at around 11 AM(my interview was at 11:30). soon after I was done with the security check, a lady came to take me for the interview. she asked many questions from the form I-485, she also asked me if I was still in school to which I said no, I have graduated, then she asked when did I graduate and if I was working. to which I said yes and told my company name. she also asked what kind of work I do. she didn't aske me for any documents.(I had not sent any documents related to my work with the form I-485). Then she asked me to sign a paper and told me that she will do a final background check and that I should receive the card within 30 days and after about 10 minutes the status changed to NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED.
Thankyou everyone once again. Thankyou so much.

I have a question regarding the card delivery, so, do we get the tracking number once the card is sent out?

I just got done with my interview today. Thankyou everyone specially @Sm1smom for helping me during the whole process.

The interview went smoothly. I reached the FO at around 11 AM(my interview was at 11:30). soon after I was done with the security check, a lady came to take me for the interview. she asked many questions from the form I-485, she also asked me if I was still in school to which I said no, I have graduated, then she asked when did I graduate and if I was working. to which I said yes and told my company name. she also asked what kind of work I do. she didn't aske me for any documents.(I had not sent any documents related to my work with the form I-485). Then she asked me to sign a paper and told me that she will do a final background check and that I should receive the card within 30 days and after about 10 minutes the status changed to NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED.

I have a question regarding the card delivery, so, do we get the tracking number once the card is sent out?
Great news. Congratulations.

Hey DV2021 AOSers - here's your opportunity to contribute and help other DV based AOSers coming behind you :) .

I'm planning on updating the Package Assemble section on the AOS Process spreadsheet with samples/pictures of how to send the AOS package. So here's a request for those who took pictures of their package assemble prior to mailing them to please share them on this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

Congrats mate!

Hey DV2021 AOSers - here's your opportunity to contribute and help other DV based AOSers coming behind you :) .

I'm planning on including a new section on the AOS Process spreadsheet with samples/pictures of how to send the AOS package. So here's a request for those who took pictures of their package assemble prior to mailing them to please share them on this thread. Thanks!
Will definitely add next week! Have to go through photos and redact personal info . . .

Last edited: