• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Yes! Didn’t think of that, but it might be useful for someone else.
The first one was cropped right by my chin, like right below, no neck shown. The second one he tried to fix that but cropped the top of my head. He kept insisting it wouldn’t matter but USCIS says it has to be two passport style pictures, I looked up the passport style pictures guidance and showed him. His manager came and admitted the pictures were not valid or met the standards, she also pointed out that they were also too close (which was my initial worry, before I realized the cropping).
What I see here is you not doing your home work prior to visiting the CVS store. If you had looked up online and gone with a printout of the dimension of a standard US passport photo, and compared the end product you were given with your print-out material, you'll have captured the error right away without having to go back twice to get it fixed.

I am filling out I-485 form and got confused in "Receipt Number of Underlying Petition" under "Information About Your Immigrant Category". Should I put DV case Number there?

What I see here is you not doing your home work prior to visiting the CVS store. If you had looked up online and gone with a printout of the dimension of a standard US passport photo, and compared the end product you were given with your print-out material, you'll have captured the error right away without having to go back twice to get it fixed.
I did do my homework, it is the guide I had in my camera roll saved up so I could look it up and show him. It is why I could catch the error(s) right away before leaving the store. And why, upon closer inspection, I could catch the bad cropping.
We are here talking about a guy that, allegedly, does this for a living. So he kept arguing that he had done what he was supposed to do. Clearly, he either was not feeling his job today or he ain’t that good at what he does

I did do my homework, it is the guide I had in my camera roll saved up so I could look it up and show him. It is why I could catch the error(s) right away before leaving the store. And why, upon closer inspection, I could catch the bad cropping.
We are here talking about a guy that, allegedly, does this for a living. So he kept arguing that he had done what he was supposed to do. Clearly, he either was not feeling his job today or he ain’t that good at what he does
1. I actually had to go back in because he had taken the pictures wrong, twice. Third time was, finally, a charm. I could not see any indications anywhere so I came here to ask in case anyone , I already had to repeat the visa pictures once because of something similar so I was trying to cover my bases.

"I actually had to go back in twice ..." seems to be the opposite of "It is why I could catch the error(s) right away before leaving the store."
Also "I could not see any indications anywhere" kind of conflicts with "it is the guide I had in my camera roll saved up so I could look it up and show him"
Hence my post about not doing your homework. Anyway, it is irrelevant.

"I actually had to go back in twice ..." seems to be the opposite of "It is why I could catch the error(s) right away before leaving the store."
Also "I could not see any indications anywhere" kind of conflicts with "it is the guide I had in my camera roll saved up so I could look it up and show him"
Hence my post about not doing your homework. Anyway, it is irrelevant.
Yes, to reprint the picture. The photo place is in a room in the corner, they hand you the picture and the receipt on your way out. I saw the picture and went back into the room, you can’t see the picture before you leave the room because it’s in an out so it doesn’t get crowded. COVID measures.
Could not see any indications (like specifics) in the package instructions, other than passport style. And the man was arguing with me what passport style meant. I had the guide, he said I was wrong, so I needed to see if there were other specifics that came straight from USCIS so he’s stop being an ass about it.
I just don’t want anyone to be in the same situation I was in if they go to a CVS.

Hi,
I had sent to my all documents to Chicago Lockbox office to get notice of action. It has been 50 days. And I have nothing. I called to USCIS office multiple times they don’t see anything on their system. I don’t even have case number. And they have not cashed money from my account. Only 20 days ago they tried to cashed money on my account it was on the pending but another day when check my account I had not seen anything on my account even no refund no transaction nothing. What should I do? Can you give me advise? Thank you

Hi mom,

My 2nd AOS package was received by Chicago Lockbox yesterday (since it could take quite a long time till receiving the first package rejection, I had sent the 2nd one asap)

Today, I got first package in my mailbox. The first one has I-797C with USCIS A number. (But I have not included this in my new package, since I did not have it at the time of filing)
What am I supposed to do now?

Thanks,
photo_2021-05-06_20-18-19.jpgInkedInkedphoto_2021-05-06_20-18-14_LI.jpg

Shit, what happened? I used Discover in the past and it was fine, I wanted to use my AMEX card and call them to give them the heads up, now I am freaked out by this.
I don’t know why among all the cards I had (visa, discover, AMEX), I chose to proceed with AMEX.
I also contacted AMEX 3 times upfront and specifically let them know that a transaction of 1225$ is gonna be on my card from a merchant named Chicago Lockbox. Yet, it was declined and postponed everything for Like 3-4 weeks

I don’t know why among all the cards I had (visa, discover, AMEX), I chose to proceed with AMEX.
I also contacted AMEX 3 times upfront and specifically let them know that a transaction of 1225$ is gonna be on my card from a merchant named Chicago Lockbox. Yet, it was declined and postponed everything for Like 3-4 weeks
But Discover could have had the same risk, right? This is a problem I was not counting on.
If I do a personal check, what do I put in "pay to the order of"?

Yes! Didn’t think of that, but it might be useful for someone else.
The first one was cropped right by my chin, like right below, no neck shown. The second one he tried to fix that but cropped the top of my head. He kept insisting it wouldn’t matter but USCIS says it has to be two passport style pictures, I looked up the passport style pictures guidance and showed him. His manager came and admitted the pictures were not valid or met the standards, she also pointed out that they were also too close (which was my initial worry, before I realized the cropping).

I also went to CVS to get my passport pictures taken for the specific reason that their computer system automatically tells them whether a picture meets the passport photo requirements as per USCIS. Based on your experience, their system doesn't seem reliable.

1620359735911.png

We’ve had US passport photos done a number of times by CVS, fwiw. Never had a problem with any of them. I guess law of averages is that there are always going to be a couple of bad ones out there.

We’ve had US passport photos done a number of times by CVS, fwiw. Never had a problem with any of them. I guess law of averages is that there are always going to be a couple of bad ones out there.
In all honesty, this dude seemed like he'd rather be licking roads than being at his job so that might have played a huge part in his attitude towards it all. You should have seen him. Definitely not my experience other times at CVS.

Last edited:
Hi,
I had sent to my all documents to Chicago Lockbox office to get notice of action. It has been 50 days. And I have nothing. I called to USCIS office multiple times they don’t see anything on their system. I don’t even have case number. And they have not cashed money from my account. Only 20 days ago they tried to cashed money on my account it was on the pending but another day when check my account I had not seen anything on my account even no refund no transaction nothing. What should I do? Can you give me advise? Thank you
Have you checked the Timeline spreadsheet to see if others who filed at the same time as you have had any update?