• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Has anyone highlighted any part of the Policy Memo and Visa Availability pages when including in the package? I was highlighting
As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated.
from Visa Availability and the following
"To ensure timely notification and encourage timely filing of applications for adjustment of status, approximately 50 to 60 days in advance of actual DV visa availability, DOS, in consultation with USCIS, publishes in its monthly Visa Bulletin a separate “advance notification” of DV rank cut- off numbers. Such advance notification enables persons to file their Form I-485 applications prior to the time a DV visa becomes “immediately available.” The listing of advance notification of DV availability is meant to enable a person to file his or her adjustment application, even though a visa is not yet available."
from the Policy memo. Any thoughts on anything else to highlight? Thanks.

Has anyone highlighted any part of the Policy Memo and Visa Availability pages when including in the package? I was highlighting

from Visa Availability and the following

from the Policy memo. Any thoughts on anything else to highlight? Thanks.
I highlighted the first paragraph you quoted. No question about early filing asked at my interview.

BofA Cashier's Check
For those that do not know how to check if your BofA cashier's check has been cashed, I finally found out how from a BofA representative:
1) Call 1-888-217-4038 (Phone number for Check Department)
2) They will ask for your check No. (You can find it top right of your receipt which I hope you kept)

Note: The call waiting time is long.

Please, in " Country of Citizenship or Nationality", my son has dual citizens, should he mention the two countries?
Thank you

I have submitted a DS260 and it has been accepted by KCC.
Is it possible to get a F1 visa and change to AOS from now on?

What's the benefit of having USCIS online account when filing AOS?
I already had the medical exam and did not include the online account number but would there be a problem if I create one now and entered it on all other documents in the packet?

Thank you.
1. See Step 12 on the “AOS Process” tab.
2. You can’t simply create one now.

I have submitted a DS260 and it has been accepted by KCC.
Is it possible to get a F1 visa and change to AOS from now on?
Without spending so much energy in trying to explain if you can or cannot obtain a student visa now, what it entails, impact of your submitted DS260, etc, the simple answer to your question is “NO”, you can’t do that.

Page 4, Part 2. - Address History of I-485
I am wondering if I should include temporary address here or not. Before I started staying at current address, I had stayed at temporary address(NOT hotel, but Homestay) for 4 weeks after I entered the U.S. with F-1 Visa. My arrival date with F-1 was 12/25/2016, and I put 01/21/2017 as the first date of residence of my current address. Do I need to include my temporary address during that 4 weeks(12/25/2016 to 01/21/2017)? I didn’t include this temporary address when I submitted DS-260.

Page 4, Part 2. - Address History of I-485
I am wondering if I should include temporary address here or not. Before I started staying at current address, I had stayed at temporary address(NOT hotel, but Homestay) for 4 weeks after I entered the U.S. with F-1 Visa. My arrival date with F-1 was 12/25/2016, and I put 01/21/2017 as the first date of residence of my current address. Do I need to include my temporary address during that 4 weeks(12/25/2016 to 01/21/2017)? I didn’t include this temporary address when I submitted DS-260.
Include it.

Include it.
1. Okay I will. I already submitted DS-260 without the temporary address. Should I make its changes to DS-260 as well?(Do I need to email KCC to unlock it?) Or is it okay if I include it on I-485 only?
2. I have pending OPT application. After I completed my B.A. in the end of March, I submitted my OPT application in April. I already got a receipt number and I’m waiting for its approval. So I am wondering if I should file another I-765 with DV AOS or it just makes my both I-765 applications confused. Do you have any suggestions?

How much of a difference does it make to do early filing? Like in my case CN AS8***(which is not current yet), assuming my number will go current in the upcoming VB, but I will only be able to send my package in mid june, how much of a difference will it have in my case?

1. Okay I will. I already submitted DS-260 without the temporary address. Should I make its changes to DS-260 as well?(Do I need to email KCC to unlock it?) Or is it okay if I include it on I-485 only?
2. I have pending OPT application. After I completed my B.A. in the end of March, I submitted my OPT application in April. I already got a receipt number and I’m waiting for its approval. So I am wondering if I should file another I-765 with DV AOS or it just makes my both I-765 applications confused. Do you have any suggestions?
1. Leave the form as in.
2. Don’t bother, the AOS based EAD most likely will not be ready in time for it to be of any use to you.

How much of a difference does it make to do early filing? Like in my case CN AS8***(which is not current yet), assuming my number will go current in the upcoming VB, but I will only be able to send my package in mid june, how much of a difference will it have in my case?
Cases typically get processed in the order in which they are received is the only response I can provide to your question - it’s like asking “how long is a piece of strong”

1. Leave the form as in.
2. Don’t bother, the AOS based EAD most likely will not be ready in time for it to be of any use to you.
1. Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, so do you mean I should include it on I-485, but I don’t need to do that in DS-260? That would be great if I don’t need to make any changes to DS-260.
2. Okay I won’t file I-765 with AOS and I will wait for EAD card of my OPT I-765.

1. Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, so do you mean I should include it on I-485, but I don’t need to do that in DS-260? That would be great if I don’t need to make any changes to DS-260.
2. Okay I won’t file I-765 with AOS and I will wait for EAD card of my OPT I-765.
Yes.

Cases typically get processed in the order in which they are received is the only response I can provide to your question - it’s like asking “how long is a piece of strong”
So do you think sending my package in mid june will give them enough time to process my case?

"Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (NIA) section 245(I)?"
Should I answer Yes or No?
My wife and I entered the USA as F1 and F2. Now I am under H1-B, and my wife is under H4.
Is this for those who are entered illegally or out of status?