• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi! I have a contract with my University as a Ph.D. student and my salary is good, but my contract is just for one year and it will be extended each year. This is a strategy that Universities use to prevent the waste of their money on bad students. I am pretty sure that my contract will be extended, but do I need to file I-134 in line with my I-485 in my application?

Thank you for your help in advance

1. Yes, it happens.
2. I don't see anything to write to them about, however you may do so if you like.
3. There's no formal process for expediting the bio. You can try talk to a tier 2 agent to see if they're able to contact NBC or schedule the bio appointment. I wouldn't recommend wasting the congressional inquiry option on this - think of it as having one bullet, will you rather waste it or keep it for when you might actually need it? You however can proceed with a congressional inquiry for the bio if you like.
thank you, mom! Just scheduled for a call with a tier 2 officer and apparently it was much easier than I could ever imagine.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-06 124100.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-06 124100.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 49
Hi! I have a contract with my University as a Ph.D. student and my salary is good, but my contract is just for one year and it will be extended each year. This is a strategy that Universities use to prevent the waste of their money on bad students. I am pretty sure that my contract will be extended, but do I need to file I-134 in line with my I-485 in my application?

Thank you for your help in advance
It is your call. You decide on how best you think you can demonstrate you're unlikely to become a public charge.

Quick question:
Just out of curiosity, since I am a medical student and I do clerkships at hospitals, I had fingerprints done by the FBI last august . Do you think that covers biometrics?

Quick question:
Just out of curiosity, since I am a medical student and I do clerkships at hospitals, I had fingerprints done by the FBI last august . Do you think that covers biometrics?
I don’t think so, those were not USCIS initiated bio capture for immigration purpose.

No it doesn’t mean that. It is nothing more than a confirmation your FO is aware of your case, they have your case file forwarded from the NBC. Some FOs put up this update, some don’t. The update about being ready to be scheduled for an interview could be displayed for several months before bio has been scheduled as a matter of fact. Don’t try to decode or look for some hidden meaning from it, there isn’t.
Ok thanks mom

Hi!
(1) The passport pictures we need, have to have any specific requirement? I know when getting a F1 visa I can’t even have a natural smile on, I asked the guy at CVS but he has no idea
(2) The doctor gave me the sealed envelope with the I693 inside. In addition to that, do I need to include the vaccines record or labs result?

Hi, I'm new to this forum – thanks for all the great work here!

I have a question about form i-485:

I'm the spouse of a diversity lottery winner.

Question 1:
In Part 2 of the form, "Application Type", do I check "1.g. Additional Options" - "Diversity Visa program"?
Or do I not check any boxes in section 1 and just fill out the fields 5.a. following for "derivative applicant"?

Question 2:
Also in Part 2: Do diversity visa applicants have a "Receipt number of underlying petition" or a "Priority date from underlying petition", or should these fields remain empty?

Thank you!

Hello,
I received this email from kcc as they were able to change my CP to AOS. Do i need login to my ds260 and change the address there? I’m confused if should make the changes or changes has been made. I appreciate your help. Thank you!

Attachments

• 027340F6-7A29-4BCE-8E87-C1A6ECFBE206.jpeg
    027340F6-7A29-4BCE-8E87-C1A6ECFBE206.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 18
Hi!
(1) The passport pictures we need, have to have any specific requirement? I know when getting a F1 visa I can’t even have a natural smile on, I asked the guy at CVS but he has no idea
(2) The doctor gave me the sealed envelope with the I693 inside. In addition to that, do I need to include the vaccines record or labs result?

1) That's simply not true, DOS website states "Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open". More details on photo requirement here.

2) The sealed envelope from doctor suffice, no other documents are needed.

Question 1:
In Part 2 of the form, "Application Type", do I check "1.g. Additional Options" - "Diversity Visa program"?
Or do I not check any boxes in section 1 and just fill out the fields 5.a. following for "derivative applicant"?

Question 2:
Also in Part 2: Do diversity visa applicants have a "Receipt number of underlying petition" or a "Priority date from underlying petition", or should these fields remain empty?

Thank you!

1) Yes
2) not applicable to DV applicants, put "N/A"

Hi!
1. Overthinking
2. Over-analyzing

Question 1:

Question 2:

Thank you!
1. Select 1.g. Additional Options" - "Diversity Visa program
2. Not applicable - write N/A

Hello,
I received this email from kcc as they were able to change my CP to AOS. Do i need login to my ds260 and change the address there? I’m confused if should make the changes or changes has been made. I appreciate your help. Thank you!
KCC has acknowledged their awareness of your plan to change from CP to AOS, that is all that matters. Unlocking the DS260 to update the address at this point is not required.

1. Overthinking
2. Over-analyzing
1. I actually had to go back in because he had taken the pictures wrong, twice. Third time was, finally, a charm. I could not see any indications anywhere so I came here to ask in case anyone , I already had to repeat the visa pictures once because of something similar so I was trying to cover my bases.

2. I simply was not sure.

1. I actually had to go back in because he had taken the pictures wrong, twice. Third time was, finally, a charm. I could not see any indications anywhere so I came here to ask in case anyone , I already had to repeat the visa pictures once because of something similar so I was trying to cover my bases.

Care to explain precisely what was wrong with the picture, twice? Maybe someone else may benefit from it.

#2. I think what mom says makes complete sense. A lot of us (AOSers) are in an unprecedented time-sensitive situation which may cause some of us to overthink/second guess.
Anyway, back to #2, I double checked with my CS and he told me that I-693 (being sealed and filled completely) suffices for USCIS.

Care to explain precisely what was wrong with the picture, twice? Maybe someone else may benefit from it.
Yes! Didn’t think of that, but it might be useful for someone else.
The first one was cropped right by my chin, like right below, no neck shown. The second one he tried to fix that but cropped the top of my head. He kept insisting it wouldn’t matter but USCIS says it has to be two passport style pictures, I looked up the passport style pictures guidance and showed him. His manager came and admitted the pictures were not valid or met the standards, she also pointed out that they were also too close (which was my initial worry, before I realized the cropping).

#2. I think what mom says makes complete sense. A lot of us (AOSers) are in an unprecedented time-sensitive situation which may cause some of us to overthink/second guess.
Anyway, back to #2, I double checked with my CS and he told me that I-693 (being sealed and filled completely) suffices for USCIS.
Definitely, which is why this forum is such an invaluable resource to come and solve our doubts. Some of them do seem silly from the outside but we all know how important it is to do thing so the right way and make sure every I has been dotted and t has been crossed before we send the documents, because of that time constraint we’re in.
I’d be going insane without being able to be in touch with y’all to help each other out through it.