• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi, Mom. I have recently emailed KCC to unlock DS-260 some changes and to transfer us to AoS. For the answer they said:

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact USCIS to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office.

We are F-1 students. And already have paid our DV fee. Should we contact USCIS in order to make AoS? Or just asking KCC to transfer from CP to AoS is enough? While emailing them we provided current I-20’s and our address is shown in DS-260 where we live more than a year.

You don't need (can't) contact USCIS to initiate the AOS. Just go over the spreadsheet, gather your required documents and send your AOS package(s) to Chicago Lockbox.

Someone said their check was cashed on the 7th day after sending the package, but their signature still says not cashed so maybe it was a mistake. Looking at the spreadsheet there aren't many that had a response in less than around 30 days. And the lockbox is probably getting a flood of them now that everyone is going current
It looks like according spreadsheet the longest case had 39 days before money check has been cashed. So I guess there is no worries as long as it is below 39 days)))

Hi, Mom. I have recently emailed KCC to unlock DS-260 some changes and to transfer us to AoS. For the answer they said:

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact USCIS to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office.

We are F-1 students. And already have paid our DV fee. Should we contact USCIS in order to make AoS? Or just asking KCC to transfer from CP to AoS is enough? While emailing them we provided current I-20’s and our address is shown in DS-260 where we live more than a year.
Please go through the spreadsheet attached in first post of this thread in detail.

It looks like according spreadsheet the longest case had 39 days before money check has been cashed. So I guess there is no worries as long as it is below 39 days)))
It might be longer now since all cases will become current in June.

It might be longer now since all cases will become current in June.
Hopefully it won’t have that much of an impact since AOS cases aren’t that many to begin with.
I am also still waiting for the DV fee receipt to add it to my package if possible, it was cashed on April 21st and I sent it with an overnight SASE, but it has not been sent back yet.

I don’t think there’s a requirement for you to include a consent letter with your daughter’s AOS package. However for your peace of mind while waiting and in order to be well prepared, I’ll suggest you get one from the father and have it on hand as a back-up document which you only present if requested by the IO.
Thanks a lot for the advice, Mom, and I will.:)

I saw some users who requested for a tracking number for the SASE. I did not know that you can do that.. So I recommend that you request a tracking number for the SASE envelope when you mail ours.
Thanks. So your SASE was regular mail then?

Why? DV cases are a tiny number in all AOS applications. Example Oct-Dec 2020 (latest data) over 188,000 adjustment applications were received. A few hundred more DV cases in one quarter is not going to move the needle on lockbox processing times.
That's good to know. Thank you!

Hi.
1. For form I-131, when filing together in AOS package with I-485, what document do I need in order to show that I am filing on the basis of a pending AOS application?
Does the same person who processes I-485 also process I-131 and the separate evidence is not needed?
Otherwise since at the time of sending/compiling the document, the I-485 is not technically pending and I have nothing to show.
Am I overthinking this?

Thank you.

Hi.
1. For form I-131, when filing together in AOS package with I-485, what document do I need in order to show that I am filing on the basis of a pending AOS application?
Does the same person who processes I-485 also process I-131 and the separate evidence is not needed?
Otherwise since at the time of sending/compiling the document, the I-485 is not technically pending and I have nothing to show.
Am I overthinking this?

Thank you.
It's fine when you file them together

You don't need (can't) contact USCIS to initiate the AOS. Just go over the spreadsheet, gather your required documents and send your AOS package(s) to Chicago Lockbox.
Thank you. I checked Spreadsheet FAQ again. But there wasn’t point about USCIS. I’m still not sure if I have to contact USCIS, even I emailed the KCC about transferring us into AoS.

Thank you. I checked Spreadsheet FAQ again. But there wasn’t point about USCIS. I’m still not sure if I have to contact USCIS, even I emailed the KCC about transferring us into AoS.
Um. The Chicago lockbox is uscis. You’re reading too much into a formula response from kcc. Just follow the instructions for AOS.

by the way if you read the whole spreadsheet (as you were advised to do) and not just the faq your question is addressed on the AOS process sheet.

Last edited:
There are several other tabs on the spreadsheet than the FAQ tab you know. If you go into the AOS Process" tab, you should see:
Step 2 (Description)
-Determine your eligibility to process AOS" -
Column F Row 4 (Cautions) - To determine your eligibility, you can take a trip down to your nearest USCIS office (a waste of time in my opinion), call the USCIS 1800 NUMBER and be thoroughly confused by the agent who responds to your call, or you can review the the information in the next cell under 'Notes') -
Column G Row 4 (Notes) - "You're AOS Eligible if 1. You entered the country legally (i.e. you were inspected at the port of entry) 2. You are not currently out of status 3. You have not violated the status of your admission by undertaking unauthorized employment