• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thanks for your reply. I did wait for my EAD card arrived and I submitted my package the same date I received my card. I don't know if anyone has the same question as I did but the number beside the column "applicant" is the same as USCIS # on your EAD card so I think that is your A-number.
Yes, USCIS # is your A-number.

I-485, part 3, question 1.
Have you ever applied to an IV to obtain permanent resident status at a U.S. embassy or U.S consulate abroad?
1- Does a K1 visa count? as technically it is NIV and then you AOS after you get married, but it has the intention of immigrating?
2- I initially submitted my DS260 for the DV as CP based, does this count for this question?
3- Should I simply answer no?

Thank you!

Hello friends.
Does anyone has any movement who's package was delivered in April to chicago lockbox, beside those which listed in a spreadsheet? Those which listed in spreadsheet are all waiting and so am I.

I-485, part 3, question 1.
Have you ever applied to an IV to obtain permanent resident status at a U.S. embassy or U.S consulate abroad?
1- Does a K1 visa count? as technically it is NIV and then you AOS after you get married, but it has the intention of immigrating?
2- I initially submitted my DS260 for the DV as CP based, does this count for this question?
3- Should I simply answer no?

Thank you!
The applicable response in your case is NO.

Hello!
Thank you for your support and for the attention you are giving here on the site. It's priceless.
I have a question, I wanted to consult with you.
We won DV2021 and are now in the United States on a student visa. We want to issue an AOS. I have a child from my first marriage, she lives with me and we also plan to issue an AOS for her. From her father, with whom I am divorced, there is a written consent for her to move from my country to the United States. Do I need to issue a separate consent from her father for her to move to permanent residence in the United States? Do I have to provide such consent when going through the AOS despite the fact that she is my daughter and I, as a mother, make the decision to move her?
Thank you again for your attention.

1. Did our medical. Forgot to put my wife's USCIS number (A-number) in the sealed forms. Would that cause a major problem?

2. I plan to send the AOS package w/o DV payment receipt. I understand the slight chance of package being rejected.

2.a: If rejected, can I simply put the receipt in the returned package and resend it? Or I'm not allowed to resend the package anymore?

2.b: What is the expected/average time to see the package is rejected (longer than waiting for receipt?).

2.c: If rejected, would I need to pay another fee?

2.d: What is on stack except for a) (if rejected): AOS posting fee b) (if accepted): loosing chance of being approved w/o interview (which probably would not be the case anyways).

Thanks!

Hello!
Thank you for your support and for the attention you are giving here on the site. It's priceless.
I have a question, I wanted to consult with you.
We won DV2021 and are now in the United States on a student visa. We want to issue an AOS. I have a child from my first marriage, she lives with me and we also plan to issue an AOS for her. From her father, with whom I am divorced, there is a written consent for her to move from my country to the United States. Do I need to issue a separate consent from her father for her to move to permanent residence in the United States? Do I have to provide such consent when going through the AOS despite the fact that she is my daughter and I, as a mother, make the decision to move her?
Thank you again for your attention.
I don’t think there’s a requirement for you to include a consent letter with your daughter’s AOS package. However for your peace of mind while waiting and in order to be well prepared, I’ll suggest you get one from the father and have it on hand as a back-up document which you only present if requested by the IO.

1. Did our medical. Forgot to put my wife's USCIS number (A-number) in the sealed forms. Would that cause a major problem?

2. I plan to send the AOS package w/o DV payment receipt. I understand the slight chance of package being rejected.

2.a: If rejected, can I simply put the receipt in the returned package and resend it? Or I'm not allowed to resend the package anymore?

2.b: What is the expected/average time to see the package is rejected (longer than waiting for receipt?).

2.c: If rejected, would I need to pay another fee?

2.d: What is on stack except for a) (if rejected): AOS posting fee b) (if accepted): loosing chance of being approved w/o interview (which probably would not be the case anyways).

Thanks!
1. Not a problem.
2a. Yes you can.
2b. Up to 8 weeks in the past, no idea how long in the current environment.
2c. Rejected package gets returned with the included fee.
2d. I have no idea what your question is about here.

Hello friends.
Does anyone has any movement who's package was delivered in April to chicago lockbox, beside those which listed in a spreadsheet? Those which listed in spreadsheet are all waiting and so am I.

Someone said their check was cashed on the 7th day after sending the package, but their signature still says not cashed so maybe it was a mistake. Looking at the spreadsheet there aren't many that had a response in less than around 30 days. And the lockbox is probably getting a flood of them now that everyone is going current.

Hi everyone!

I received the receipt for the payment for I-485 last week. I have an A-number and a receipt number there. When I try to create an USCIS account and enter my A-number and Case ID number it says it could not be found. What should be the DOS Case ID? What I entered there was 2021xx12345.

Thanks!

@ishmog Quick question about your dv payment timeline: what type of postal service did you use for sending the payment and for SASE? Did you use overnight both? Thanks!

1. Not a problem.
2a. Yes you can.
2b. Up to 8 weeks in the past, no idea how long in the current environment.
2c. Rejected package gets returned with the included fee.
2d. I have no idea what your question is about here.
I appreciate it mom!

@ishmog Quick question about your dv payment timeline: what type of postal service did you use for sending the payment and for SASE? Did you use overnight both? Thanks!
I mailed the DV fee via USPS priority mail. If you look at my signature, I paid the DV administrative fee on March 16th. It was cashed on March 22nd and I received the SASE with the receipt on April 13th.

I saw some users who requested for a tracking number for the SASE. I did not know that you can do that.. So I recommend that you request a tracking number for the SASE envelope when you mail ours.

Hi, Mom. I have recently emailed KCC to unlock DS-260 some changes and to transfer us to AoS. For the answer they said:

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact USCIS to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office.

We are F-1 students. And already have paid our DV fee. Should we contact USCIS in order to make AoS? Or just asking KCC to transfer from CP to AoS is enough? While emailing them we provided current I-20’s and our address is shown in DS-260 where we live more than a year.

Hi everyone!

I received the receipt for the payment for I-485 last week. I have an A-number and a receipt number there. When I try to create an USCIS account and enter my A-number and Case ID number it says it could not be found. What should be the DOS Case ID? What I entered there was 2021xx12345.

Thanks!
its the case number on the I-485 receipt not dv case number.