• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

@Sm1smom

Hi Mom,
My question is about A-Number.
I'm currently on H-1B; I see that on forms my company's attorney had submitted to USCIS for my H-1B petition, I do have an A-Number (same number on my previous EAD cards during OPT). However, I read that A-Number is assigned only to those who had applied for immigration visas.

If so, what is this A-Number on my H-1B petition and should I leave it blank in my i-693, i-485, etc.?

Thank you so much for your help.

Interview update :
Had my interview today - it was quite fast - i would say within 10 mins max done!...went over the i485 thats all.

However question to @Sm1smom ..so officer said my file from KCC is not sent yet so he said he will request it and get it done soon as i have FTJ Other than that he said its approved from his end ... -- my status has changed to intial review. What does it mean to get the file from KCC?

Interview update :
Had my interview today - it was quite fast - i would say within 10 mins max done!...went over the i485 thats all.

However question to @Sm1smom ..so officer said my file from KCC is not sent yet so he said he will request it and get it done soon as i have FTJ Other than that he said its approved from his end ... -- my status has changed to intial review. What does it mean to get the file from KCC?

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing this update. So the officer just asked you to confirm the i485 info?

When did you send in the DV fee payment? You need the payment receipt for AOS filing.

On a side note, what is your current status in the US and when does this expire?
i sent it on march 04, 2021. right now i am holding J1 exchanged visitor. and it will expire on september 09, 2021 sir

Interview update :

Congratulations! Could you please update your timeline? I think it would be of help for many of us. Thanks!

Hi mom! I'm using a postal money order to pay the DV fees.
1) On the money order, should I write "pay to" U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program?
2) On the money order, should I write the address of the recipient as :
"P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000"
or
"Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000"
Thank you!!
1. U.S. Department of State
2. Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

@Sm1smom

Hi Mom,
My question is about A-Number.
I'm currently on H-1B; I see that on forms my company's attorney had submitted to USCIS for my H-1B petition, I do have an A-Number (same number on my previous EAD cards during OPT). However, I read that A-Number is assigned only to those who had applied for immigration visas.

If so, what is this A-Number on my H-1B petition and should I leave it blank in my i-693, i-485, etc.?

Thank you so much for your help.
You will be assigned a different number as your A# once you file for AOS. You should however list the current non-immigrant A# (you got assigned on your OPT EAD card) on your AOS forms.

What does it mean to get the file from KCC?
IO needs your DV information and visa allocation number from KCC, it's more like an electronic request, they can get it just a mater of seconds. But feel free to call KCC and ask if your file has been requested by your FO.

Interview update :

Your KCC file consists of the eDV Entry you submitted in 2019, your DS260 form (if you submitted one), and any other correspondence you've had with KCC since your DV selection. The IO is required to have that file from KCC for review, without it they cannot approve AOS application. You can contact the KCC to find out if you IO has requested your file from them, if yes, you might want to also find out when and if the file as been sent as requested.

i sent it on march 04, 2021. right now i am holding J1 exchanged visitor. and it will expire on september 09, 2021 sir
So it is less than 2 weeks since you sent in the payment. You need to be patient in that case, it takes a while to get back the payment receipt.

Hope your J1 does not have a 2 year home stay requirement? If it does, have you obtained a waiver in place of that requirement?

So it is less than 2 weeks since you sent in the payment. You need to be patient in that case, it takes a while to get back the payment receipt.

Hope your J1 does not have a 2 year home stay requirement? If it does, have you obtained a waiver in place of that requirement?
i have obtained a waiver from U.S department of state already sir

Hi mom, it's been just over 4 weeks since I submitted my DV administrative fee to the DOS, but haven't received the receipt yet. What should I do in the case I don't receive it? Can I send my package without it or just with a photocopy of my cashier check receipt?

Hi Mom @Sm1smom
I sent my money order couple of weeks ago and USPS tracking says it is still "in transit", which is odd considering I sent it 2-day priority.
Would it be problematic if I send another money order tomorrow? (I assume they would send the other one back if they ever receive it)

Hi mom, it's been just over 4 weeks since I submitted my DV administrative fee to the DOS, but haven't received the receipt yet. What should I do in the case I don't receive it? Can I send my package without it or just with a photocopy of my cashier check receipt?
Have you checked to confirm your payment has been cashed? If yes, when? If it's been up to 3 weeks since the payment was cashed, then you should exercise a bit more patience for the receipt to get sent. You can also contact KCC and request a copy of the payment receipt via email (they may tell you to wait a couple more weeks).

Including a copy of the cashier check receipt doesn't confirm the payment was actually made, a person could get a cashier's check without actually sending it in. If you opt to send the package without the payment receipt included, you will be taking a risk - your package may be rejected as incomplete and subsequently sent back to you.

Hi Mom @Sm1smom
I sent my money order couple of weeks ago and USPS tracking says it is still "in transit", which is odd considering I sent it 2-day priority.
Would it be problematic if I send another money order tomorrow? (I assume they would send the other one back if they ever receive it)
Nope, they will not send back duplicate payment. It will equally get cashed and it is non-refundable - they're not checking the system to see if a previous payment was already made. Check to see if your payment has been cashed. Also contact USPS to know why it is still showing as in transit.

Quick question--
Once every couple of days I use the "view appointment" page on USCIS website to check if my Bio appointment has been scheduled. After I type my full name and DOB, it tells me that no appointment can be found. Will this change when my appointment has been scheduled and before I get a letter in the mail or am I just wasting my time? Thanks.

Quick question--
Once every couple of days I use the "view appointment" page on USCIS website to check if my Bio appointment has been scheduled. After I type my full name and DOB, it tells me that no appointment can be found. Will this change when my appointment has been scheduled and before I get a letter in the mail or am I just wasting my time? Thanks.
Precisely where are you checking this from?