• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thank you. Yes, unfortunately, I really don't know anyone in the US who could sponsor me with an I-134. I will make sure to bring all the financial documents I can think of to present a full picture of my situation.
I'm also in a similar situation except that I'm graduating in May when my case number becomes current. I'm worried about this as I will no longer be counted as a full-time student. I guess it depends on your IO. I hope the removal of I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency will make IOs more lenient for full-time students.

Last edited:
Thank you for your prompt reply.
how about if I am still living in PA at the time of interview. Should I put the PA address in the physical address section and my VA address in the mailing address, or should I just not list my PA address at all in the i-485.
I am just worried it will cause me problems :(
@Sm1smom could you please offer your guidance on this?

I'm also in a similar situation except that I'm graduating in May when my case number becomes current. I'm worried about this as I will no longer be counted as a full-time student. I guess it depends on your IO. I hope the removal of I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency will make IOs more lenient for full-time students.

I hope so too. If I get an interview before you, I'll make sure to post an update about my experience and outcome so that you and others can know what to expect.

I submitted my DS-260 yesterday. Is it better to wait until I receive my 2NL and then send the DV administrative fee?

Good Afternoon,
I just changed from CP to AOS and emailed KCC to notify them about this change. Do I need to request to have my previously submitted DS-260 unlocked, so I change my request from CP to AOS on that form as well? I have my medical exam scheduled for tomorrow and submitted the DV Administrative Fee on Friday. My case has been current since this month. I will go ahead and send my AOS package once I have gathered all of the necessary documents, however I will not wait for my 2NL to receive and plan to submit it during my interview (I want to send out my AOS package asap and not lose any time waiting for my 2NL). However if I understood correctly from your spreadsheet, that shouldn't be a problem?
My last question is in regards to the A-number, I previously had a B1/2, J1 and O-1 visa, per my knowledge this means I never applied for an immigrant visa and neither would have received an Alien Registration Number in the past. As an A number only gets issued for immigration applications, correct? Do I need to leave it blank or fill out N/A for the A-number line items?
Thank you
1. No. You can’t change the section on your own even if KCC unlocks the form. All you needed to do was to inform KCC of the change, and if you’ve already done that there’s nothing else you need to do.
2. Correct.
3. You have no A#
4. Leave it blank.

NB please number your questions when you have more than one in a post.

@Sm1smom could you please offer your guidance on this?

You actually need to shed a bit more light on your address situation. Precisely how have you been maintaining a permanent address in VA while you’ve been leaving in PA for the past 2 years? I can’t really provide much more than I’ve done without a better understanding of what’s going on here

You actually need to shed a bit more light on your address situation. Precisely how have you been maintaining a permanent address in VA while you’ve been leaving in PA for the past 2 years? I can’t really provide much more than I’ve done without a better understanding of what’s going on here
I am sorry of it was confusing.
By maintaining it I meant my driver’s license, car registration, my address for bank accounts, health insurance are all VA. I couldn’t get a driver’s license in PA solely because I had an I-20 from a PA school and it was too complicated to establish everything in PA since I live on campus and my plan is to go back to VA after graduation. The VA address is my sponsor’s address (I still go there often and like because of lockdown last year I was there for 6 months). I was also afraid if I change everything to the on campus address I would lose mail.
I am only worried about this because there is a possibility I will be between moves when the interview takes place. It’s almost certain I will be current in June and I will be moving back to VA mid august.

I am sorry of it was confusing.
By maintaining it I meant my driver’s license, car registration, my address for bank accounts, health insurance are all VA. I couldn’t get a driver’s license in PA solely because I had an I-20 from a PA school and it was too complicated to establish everything in PA since I live on campus and my plan is to go back to VA after graduation. The VA address is my sponsor’s address (I still go there often and like because of lockdown last year I was there for 6 months). I was also afraid if I change everything to the on campus address I would lose mail.
I am only worried about this because there is a possibility I will be between moves when the interview takes place. It’s almost certain I will be current in June and I will be moving back to VA mid august.
Okay, so your case can be treated like that of a student whose parents reside in VA, the student’s permanent address is also VA while temporarily schooling in PA.

So you basically list VA as your mailing address. Under the address history section, go ahead and list the VA address in section 5. List the PA address in section 6.
Following the above instructions means all your USCIS mails will get sent to the VA address, and your FO/ASC will also be in VA. If you get scheduled while still in PA, you’ll go down to VA and attend your interview there. No issue with as the PA location is a temporary address for you, you have the required documentation to demonstrate VA is your permanent address.

If you file and your AOS application has been accepted before F-1 OPT status expires, you’re deemed to have timely filed for AOS, which is not a problem.
Thank you again for the confirmation.

I happen to be in a sticky situation where if I do win the H-1B lottery by April, I may be required to switch over to CP since the current F-1 OPT will likely expire before my number is current.

CP will put me out of the US and perhaps out of my job due to how long it may take (2 weeks quarantine + the usual medical, interview etc). My CP location will be Kuala Lumpur, and I assume it is not a busy location for Immigrant Visas.

If I don't win the H-1B, I will most likely be out of job too because F-1 OPT does not gap to DV unless the I-765 comes in time, and that seems impossible at the moment.

Okay, so your case can be treated like that of a student whose parents reside in VA, the student’s permanent address is also VA while temporarily schooling in PA.

So you basically list VA as your mailing address. Under the address history section, go ahead and list the VA address in section 5. List the PA address in section 6.
Following the above instructions means all your USCIS mails will get sent to the VA address, and your FO/ASC will also be in VA. If you get scheduled while still in PA, you’ll go down to VA and attend your interview there. No issue with as the PA location is a temporary address for you, you have the required documentation to demonstrate VA is your permanent address

Following the above instructions means all your USCIS mails will get sent to the VA address, and your FO/ASC will also be in VA. If you get scheduled while still in PA, you’ll go down to VA and attend your interview there. No issue with as the PA location is a temporary address for you, you have the required documentation to demonstrate VA is your permanent address.
One last question about this I am so sorry.
In the event USCIS assigns me to a PA field office based on the physical address I provide, would it be reasonable to just extend my stay in PA (say till the fiscal year is over) to just avoid case transfer or something like that.
2. Also a driver’s license from VA shouldn’t be an issue if the interview is conducted in PA, correct?
I really appreciate your help and sorry for being so paranoid about this.

I'm hoping someone can help me figuring this out.

I'm currently in the U.S. on E2 status. My status (and I-94) will expire in June 2021. I have a pending marriage based I-485. Let's say my dv-lottery case number won't show up until July, would I still be eligible to file for AOS after my non-immigrant status has expired? Basically, is a pending I-485 a legal status to file for dv-lottery AOS?

One last question about this I am so sorry.
In the event USCIS assigns me to a PA field office based on the physical address I provide, would it be reasonable to just extend my stay in PA (say till the fiscal year is over) to just avoid case transfer or something like that.
2. Also a driver’s license from VA shouldn’t be an issue if the interview is conducted in PA, correct?
I really appreciate your help and sorry for being so paranoid about this.
If you follow the instruction I provided on how to document your addresses, you will not be assigned to a PA FO.

USCIS has been inconsistent in this area. I believe it should be based on the physical address, we’ve had cases when the FO got assigned based on the mailing address, especially when both fall under two different States. A recent case is that of @LandOfTheFree who got assigned to their FO based on the mailing address
I'd like to get your adivce on my situation. I currently reside in GA, but will be moving to MA during the summer (June/July). I am moving in to friend's apartment so I can use his address now. My case # will also likely be currently during that time. Should I

1) Use GA as physical address and MA as mailing address
2) Just use MA for both physical and mailing address

I will likely not have my drivers license switched by the time I apply, but I can start changing bank statements' address to MA now.

I'd like to get your adivce on my situation. I currently reside in GA, but will be moving to MA during the summer (June/July). I am moving in to friend's apartment so I can use his address now. My case # will also likely be currently during that time. Should I

1) Use GA as physical address and MA as mailing address
2) Just use MA for both physical and mailing address

I will likely not have my drivers license switched by the time I apply, but I can start changing bank statements' address to MA now.
Form I-485 does not ask for a physical address. It asks for mailing address and address history. So in your case, if mailing the AOS package before relocating to MA, your only option in this case is to list MA as your mailing address and GA under the address history and hope you get assigned to the MA FO based on your mailing address. You cannot list the MA address under the address history section as you haven’t lived there.

hi i am a winner 2021as8*** my visa bulletin is current this April 2021. i submitted ds260 since June 2020. and paid for DV fee. i am still waiting for 2nls and dv fee payment received. i called kcc and email them asking i would like to change interview location from CP to AOS but no response. it had been a month already. any suggestions for me please, should i send the document to uscis or else? thank you so much

How advisable is to stick to the 90 day guidance? I have finally decided to do AOS and I was waiting out the 90 days until I officially began, to be as safe as possible. However on day 58, the airline has cancelled my trip back home and I was unsure if to reschedule it, but if I now wait 32 more days to make the official switch, it might look extremely weird to have waited?
Thank y'all and good morning everyone.

hi i am a winner 2021as8*** my visa bulletin is current this April 2021. i submitted ds260 since June 2020. and paid for DV fee. i am still waiting for 2nls and dv fee payment received. i called kcc and email them asking i would like to change interview location from CP to AOS but no response. it had been a month already. any suggestions for me please, should i send the document to uscis or else? thank you so much
When did you send in the DV fee payment? You need the payment receipt for AOS filing.

On a side note, what is your current status in the US and when does this expire?

Hi mom! I'm using a postal money order to pay the DV fees.
1) On the money order, should I write "pay to" U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program?
2) On the money order, should I write the address of the recipient as :
"P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000"
or
"Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000"
Thank you!!