• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom,
I did my biometrics more than 3 weeks ago and my case has been stuck to “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” for 2 weeks.
I assume it’s probably too early to call USCIS for a follow up, but I have a curiosity.

Does this current status means that my case is at my FO, or not yet?

Thank you.
Hello Fauchc, Did you call KCC to ask if the case being requested by FO?

Just a quick update. We had I bio appointment a few days ago. Our invitations were for 9 and 10 AM, but all our family came together at 9 and there were no problems with it. Since there were 5 of us we were separated into groups, I and my younger son, my wife with younger daughter and older daughter, who is 13 at the moment were on her own.
The whole process took about 10 min for all of us. Interestingly enough, they took my daughter's 10 fingers fingerprint, while it was supposed to be only one finger. For all those, who had their 10 fingers fingerprints taken, case status updated at night to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"
I also burned one of my fingers before the bio and was worried, that I won't be able to get the bio done because a fingertip little damaged, but the officer added a little more of a fingerprint fluid and pressed this finger a little harder and everything worked. Everyone in the USCIS was friendly and helpful.

I also have a small question. I realized, that I printed all the forms and supporting documents double-sided.
1. Were there any cases, where the case would have been rejected because the form was double-sided?
2. Should I print one-sided forms and documents and take them to the interview next week?

Have you checked to confirm your payment has been cashed? If yes, when? If it's been up to 3 weeks since the payment was cashed, then you should exercise a bit more patience for the receipt to get sent. You can also contact KCC and request a copy of the payment receipt via email (they may tell you to wait a couple more weeks).

Including a copy of the cashier check receipt doesn't confirm the payment was actually made, a person could get a cashier's check without actually sending it in. If you opt to send the package without the payment receipt included, you will be taking a risk - your package may be rejected as incomplete and subsequently sent back to you.
thank you mom! also, if I haven't submitted my package yet but have submitted my payment to DOS, would I be ok to travel outside the US or would this count as abandoning my petition?

Just a quick update. We had I bio appointment a few days ago. Our invitations were for 9 and 10 AM, but all our family came together at 9 and there were no problems with it. Since there were 5 of us we were separated into groups, I and my younger son, my wife with younger daughter and older daughter, who is 13 at the moment were on her own.
The whole process took about 10 min for all of us. Interestingly enough, they took my daughter's 10 fingers fingerprint, while it was supposed to be only one finger. For all those, who had their 10 fingers fingerprints taken, case status updated at night to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"
I also burned one of my fingers before the bio and was worried, that I won't be able to get the bio done because a fingertip little damaged, but the officer added a little more of a fingerprint fluid and pressed this finger a little harder and everything worked. Everyone in the USCIS was friendly and helpful.

I also have a small question. I realized, that I printed all the forms and supporting documents double-sided.
1. Were there any cases, where the case would have been rejected because the form was double-sided?
2. Should I print one-sided forms and documents and take them to the interview next week?

Honestly, I don't think an entire case can be rejected because of double-sided documents. The worst that can happen in my opinion is that they reject the document.

If the Chicago Lockbox was going to reject your package, you wouldn’t have received a bio notice, talkless of being scheduled for an interview. The entire package would have been sent back to you way back.

thank you mom! also, if I haven't submitted my package yet but have submitted my payment to DOS, would I be ok to travel outside the US or would this count as abandoning my petition?
No petition has been filed at this stage, so there’s nothing to abandon.

This is how my package looked double-sided. I can't imagine, how big it would have been if I would have printed everything on one side.

So do I understand correctly, that I should not worry about it, and there is no need to reprint all the forms one-sided for the interview?

ApplicationSent.jpg

@Sm1smom just wanted to check with you - so i have a very long name ...when i submitted my DV lottery entry i entered the name as per the passport long version...then after that i did my h1b..however due to my long name one part of the name was shortened (USCIS said they had to coz they could not enter more characters). When i did the i485 i matched the name that appears in my h1b ..now my question is...i went to the interview yesterday and thats when i got to know that FO request my file from KCC.....now problem is sisnce there name on my i485 is shortened that of the KCC file will this be a problem for them to retrieve my file.

The 2-4 weeks on the spreadsheet is for under normal circumstances - this FY has been anything but normal hence the recommendation for you to take a look at this year’s timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long it has taken other people to receive theirs. Plus the 2-4 weeks listed on the spreadsheet refers to after the payment was cashed, so if your payment was cashed on Mar. 5th, you’re clearly under the two weeks threshold talk less of the 4. You mailed your payment on Feb. 24th, it is still not quite 4 weeks by the way.
Nope, they will not send back duplicate payment. It will equally get cashed and it is non-refundable - they're not checking the system to see if a previous payment was already made. Check to see if your payment has been cashed. Also contact USPS to know why it is still showing as in transit.
It happened exactly to me. Sent the money order in feb 24 and was cashed on mar 5 but show in transit. No problem I think the USPS showing this because delivery to POBOX. Send email to KCC with all your information and they will mail a copy of the receipt. KCC needs a week to respons email and week to deliver the receipt and me still waiting the receipt

@Sm1smom just wanted to check with you - so i have a very long name ...when i submitted my DV lottery entry i entered the name as per the passport long version...then after that i did my h1b..however due to my long name one part of the name was shortened (USCIS said they had to coz they could not enter more characters). When i did the i485 i matched the name that appears in my h1b ..now my question is...i went to the interview yesterday and thats when i got to know that FO request my file from KCC.....now problem is sisnce there name on my i485 is shortened that of the KCC file will this be a problem for them to retrieve my file.
Should not be.

Hi Mom @Sm1smom
I sent my money order couple of weeks ago and USPS tracking says it is still "in transit", which is odd considering I sent it 2-day priority.
Would it be problematic if I send another money order tomorrow? (I assume they would send the other one back if they ever receive it)
The same happened to me and sent another cashier check and it was delivered but tell the USPS no need signature from the receptionist

Hi, I got selected for DV2021 and my CN is AS00012XXX. I’m hearing that CP was on pause and started interviewing recently. The bulletin says my number is in May but seems like it’ll take longer than that if I take interview in japan. I was wondering AOS could be a better choice. I currently live in the US.

I also already submitted DS260 foam, but haven’t submitted the additional documents such as birth certificate. Sending next week, but would it be a problem?