• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Good day, Is there any one faced the interview at Johannesburg Consulate recently? They had processed 73 cases as of 31st of August and the number is still same as of yesterday according to CEAC. Does anyone have an idea whether they still conduct interviews?

Such great news after so much frustration this year. Good luck!
Thank you :) I am part of the other half that is not document qualified so we shall see. We are trying to be positive. I think all of us had lost hope for good reasons. I am really glad that 50% of us are getting a chance to get interviewed even though a bunch of them won’t go because getting everything done in a week is 1) extremely complicated and 2) extremely expensive

Thank you :) I am part of the other half that is not document qualified so we shall see. We are trying to be positive. I think all of us had lost hope for good reasons. I am really glad that 50% of us are getting a chance to get interviewed even though a bunch of them won’t go because getting everything done in a week is 1) extremely complicated and 2) extremely expensive
If you mean the medical, they should give you the option of interviewing before the results are available provided of course that the medical results do get to them in time to issue a visa before the FY close. All the other documents should have been compiled before anyway (most of them were required by KCC). I don’t see how the expense changes according to a shorter timeframe?

If you mean the medical, they should give you the option of interviewing before the results are available provided of course that the medical results do get to them in time to issue a visa before the FY close. All the other documents should have been compiled before anyway (most of them were required by KCC). I don’t see how the expense changes according to a shorter timeframe?
Last minute flight and hotel reservations?

Last minute flight and hotel reservations?
There are websites for last minute flight deals? Hotels often have cheap short term availability out of season, and if on a tight budget Airbnb, private room at youth hostel etc can offer very low budget alternatives. And yes point taken but the added expense - some sure but it shouldn’t be hugely more than you’d have to pay with the usual 4-6 weeks notice. No one gets 3 months notice for a DV visa interview. Not enough vs the cost of the whole process that it should derail the visa process anyway imo. Depends how badly you want it. I can only hope that if people really don’t take it up they let the consulate know in time so they can slot others like puda in.

There are websites for last minute flight deals? Hotels often have cheap short term availability out of season, and if on a tight budget Airbnb, private room at youth hostel etc can offer very low budget alternatives. And yes point taken but the added expense - some sure but it shouldn’t be hugely more than you’d have to pay with the usual 4-6 weeks notice. No one gets 3 months notice for a DV visa interview. Not enough vs the cost of the whole process that it should derail the visa process anyway imo. Depends how badly you want it. I can only hope that if people really don’t take it up they let the consulate know in time so they can slot others like puda in.
Not saying the additional cost of last minute flight/hotel reservations is enough for most people to derail the whole process. Just pointing out the fact that is some additional expense people will have to contend with. Simply pointing out that may be what the OP is referring to.

It's not exactly cheap to book a flight less than 7 days before flying. Especially in Canada. We may potentially be looking anywhere between $500-$1,000 per ticket. So a lot of people simply don't have the money. It is what it is but yes, that's what I was referring to. Canada is EXTREMELY expensive when it comes to flying. I, for example, have to book 2 flights IF I get interviewed. One to Vancouver for my medicals and then 1 to Montreal.
When you have a month notice, especially right now, you can probably find a flight around $300 to Montreal :)

I do know at least 2 people that won't go to the interview but I am not even sure how the consulate would actually know? I think you may need to book your interview via their website after getting your 2NL? That would be great if they would know before Monday (most people are being interviewed on Monday it seems). That being said, the KCC hasn't DQ any of us so this time around, it might just not be Montreal's fault ;)

Edit: yes, I was mostly referring to the medicals when I said "extremely complicated". But also complicated because a lot of people can't exactly take 3 days off on such short notice. There is only one consulate processing immigrant visas and it's in Montreal. I am not sure how many people are actually living in Montreal but for anyone else (aside from Ontario), you probably need to take 2-3 days off to travel. It's sad but it is what it is. We are fully ready to go if we ever get our 2NL though! All 4 of us including a baby!

Last edited:
Dear @Britsimon

I have one urgent issue.
I looked up online,but could not make my decision on this as many sources say different things.

So in my DS260 form I have used my father's name as my middle name. In the row where I needed to input my full name in my original language, I inputted it like Last name+first name+father's name.
The reason for this is that we have been somehow taught and got used to do it this way here in my country from school English class forms. But in general we do not have official understanding of a middle name.

So my case is 12K and hopefully I might get interview scheduled either this month or at the time of reserved visas processing.

Do you think this shall be or may be a reason for eejection?

I kindly ask you to advise if I need to email KCC about this, or alternatively should I semd public inquiry to KCC through DoS website or alternatively should I email the embassy about this or alternatively should I just do nothing about it?
Thanks in advance
dear @Sm1smom , could you please comment on this, thanks!

We may potentially be looking anywhere between $500-$1,000 per ticket.
So from $200 to a few hundred dollars difference. Is that really make or break for a DV applicant living in Canada? if that’s make or break, it implies the applicant may have a problem meeting the public charge condition anyway?
And why wouldn’t you just book one ticket to montreal and get the medicals done on the same visit under the current circumstances?
I do know at least 2 people that won't go to the interview but I am not even sure how the consulate would actually know
they email or call the consulate and tell them they won’t be attending.
for anyone else (aside from Ontario), you probably need to take 2-3 days off to travel.
that’s true regardless of when it is. Yes, i guess leave policy may be a problem, though if the interview is on a Monday they can travel on Sunday.

I realize it’s more expensive and more complex, but you’re not talking about people earning emerging markets currencies either.

Hello Folks,

Hope you all doing okay.

My case number is AS30xxx and I live in Jordan.

I checked "savediversityvisa" website and it's showing that Jordan reached to 34XXX after being stuck on 23XXX for a while.

However, I haven't received communication yet knowing that I sent my documents back in April without KCC asking for it.

Should I give up at this point? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Any advise please guys?

Any advise please guys?

People assume that when the data shows an embassy has "reached" a certain number that all the cases under that number have been handled. That is completely wrong. It simply means that a case with a high case number was able to get DQ early on. That happens, totally legitimate and normal. However, your case is NOT DQ and cannot be scheduled. So your only chance now is a reservation of visas from the lawsuits.

People assume that when the data shows an embassy has "reached" a certain number that all the cases under that number have been handled. That is completely wrong. It simply means that a case with a high case number was able to get DQ early on. That happens, totally legitimate and normal. However, your case is NOT DQ and cannot be scheduled. So your only chance now is a reservation of visas from the lawsuits.
Thank you for the explanation my friend.

Do we know what usually is the reason of getting higher numbers scheduled for interviews while lower numbers haven't received emails to send documents?

Also, if the lawsuit goes through, will I be part of it even if I knew about it after it got filed?

Hi, I am DV 2021 and having AS 30K and DQ in August. But , 2NL is yet to receive. My embassy is active, but they haven't interviewed any case for the last 15 days. So do you think the held up is at the embassy @Britsimon ?

Good day, Is there any one faced the interview at Johannesburg Consulate recently? They had processed 73 cases as of 31st of August and the number is still same as of yesterday according to CEAC. Does anyone have an idea whether they still conduct interviews?
We had our interview on 9Sep at Jhn (with another at least 4 other DV cases), they are definitely still interviewing but only working on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Our medical was completed on Aug30 and we our status remain "refused", CO apologized and said it will take a few business days to process, but now a week has passed and status remains unchanged. Everyone interviewed last week in Jhn in similar status (refused). It seems from xarthisius data that Jhn still conducted a few interviews yesterday (Sep15). 12 cases remain in ready status, but some may pitched for their interviews.

Hi, I am DV 2021 and having AS 30K and DQ in August. But , 2NL is yet to receive. My embassy is active, but they haven't interviewed any case for the last 15 days. So do you think the held up is at the embassy @Britsimon ?
Considering the KCC email backlog i dont think they will do much before the deadline and I propose you rather go through the consulate. if you are referring to Jhn, email them at johannesburgIV at state.gov and ask if there are spots available. if you are a plaintiff in one of the cases ask your attorneys to reach out to KCC or consulate.

Considering the KCC email backlog i dont think they will do much before the deadline and I propose you rather go through the consulate. if you are referring to Jhn, email them at johannesburgIV at state.gov and ask if there are spots available. if you are a plaintiff in one of the cases ask your attorneys to reach out to KCC or consulate.
I communicated with JHN and they said that there is nothing they can do if 2NL has not received.

We had our interview on 9Sep at Jhn (with another at least 4 other DV cases), they are definitely still interviewing but only working on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Our medical was completed on Aug30 and we our status remain "refused", CO apologized and said it will take a few business days to process, but now a week has passed and status remains unchanged. Everyone interviewed last week in Jhn in similar status (refused). It seems from xarthisius data that Jhn still conducted a few interviews yesterday (Sep15). 12 cases remain in ready status, but some may pitched for their interviews.
That is the problem. If the embassy is working only two days literally we left with two days before expiry. Majority of embassies making an extra effort to issue more visa after the court order, but not JHN. Embassies like Nepal interviewed a huge cases after the judgment.

Hullo eveyone today kcc asked me to send further documents and they gave me example of how to name , scan and the required yet i sent documents in march though i was not asked
My question at this time can realy kcc ask for documents is it of any use?