• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Dear my name:

Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2021 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2021. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvprogram.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check dvprogram.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and that you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just received this email today. I guess I'm now documentarily qualified, It seems as if Judge Metahs' decision is forcing them to do their jobs. I'm not sure if I should be making preparations to travel back to my home country where the interview is or wait until I receive the actual interview scheduling. I think due to the covid Pandemic with the PCR tests and all those hurdles put into place, I should be making my preparations for travel, would love to hear everyone's opinion.
Congratulations!
How much time is really left for medical exam etc? Unless they give an extension to the deadline my thinking is that it’s too late anyway at this stage

Dear my name:

Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2021 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2021. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvprogram.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check dvprogram.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and that you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just received this email today. I guess I'm now documentarily qualified, It seems as if Judge Metahs' decision is forcing them to do their jobs. I'm not sure if I should be making preparations to travel back to my home country where the interview is or wait until I receive the actual interview scheduling. I think due to the covid Pandemic with the PCR tests and all those hurdles put into place, I should be making my preparations for travel, would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Not related. The order was out this afternoon, KCC won't even have been told yet.

By contrast, and this is of course just my opinion, I never understood why named plaintiffs did get an advantage. Some years back I remember reading a Q&A with someone from DoS or USCIS, I don’t remember which, and the question was asked why they did not allow people to pay extra and move to the front of the line for immigrant visas, in a similar vein to premium processing for work visas. The response was that all immigrants should be treated on an equal basis and there should be no advantage given to some just because they can afford to pay extra. Well, this is pretty much what happened when named plaintiffs got preference before - effectively they got an advantage because they could pay (even if the payment did not go to uscis/Dos), and that surprised me given what I had heard before. I don’t believe either Mehta or DoS addressed this though. Anyway, again this is just my opinion and also why I personally am more in favor of class action, I understand some here will disagree.
I agreed with you 100%. Because this is a DIVERSITY VISA, VISA should be given at random order instead of whom can afford attorneys. The class action lawsuit should be a better format. But unlike other class actions lawsuit, the final order will result in monetary compensations/penalties to pay the legal fees. These DV related lawsuits' goals are receiving immigration visas. There is no money involved. In this scenario, the incentive for attorneys would be diminished, unless they want to do it pro bono. What's the correct answers, I don't know.

That being said, today's J. Mehta's Memorandum Opinion and Order is a great win for all DV2021 selectees, the legal war is not over yet, but it's a great win today.

Hello Folks,

Hope you all doing okay.

My case number is AS30xxx and I live in Jordan.

I checked "savediversityvisa" website and it's showing that Jordan reached to 34XXX after being stuck on 23XXX for a while.

However, I haven't received communication yet knowing that I sent my documents back in April without KCC asking for it.

Should I give up at this point? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Congratulations!
How much time is really left for medical exam etc? Unless they give an extension to the deadline my thinking is that it’s too late anyway at this stage
No its not too late. You can get the medical report in 3-10 days or less. Theoretically it is possible to do the interview and issue visa even on 30th September, assuming all your documents are in order.

Hey guys,

Question. Can you technically ask to be interviewed in the country you were born even though you do not live there? Or do you need to stick to your country of residency?

Some consulates are not processing a single case, I doubt that it will change much even with a preservation or visas. First come, first served!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Question. Can you technically ask to be interviewed in the country you were born even though you do not live there? Or do you need to stick to your country of residency?

Some consulates are not processing a single case, I doubt that it will change much even with a preservation or visas. First come, first served!

Thanks!
From my experience, interviews are held in country of residence.
When I changed my interview post back in May, KCC requested me to unlock my DS-260 application and change my current address to the country I wanted to be interviewed in.

I agreed with you 100%. Because this is a DIVERSITY VISA, VISA should be given at random order instead of whom can afford attorneys. The class action lawsuit should be a better format. But unlike other class actions lawsuit, the final order will result in monetary compensations/penalties to pay the legal fees. These DV related lawsuits' goals are receiving immigration visas. There is no money involved. In this scenario, the incentive for attorneys would be diminished, unless they want to do it pro bono. What's the correct answers, I don't know.

That being said, today's J. Mehta's Memorandum Opinion and Order is a great win for all DV2021 selectees, the legal war is not over yet, but it's a great win today.
What does this mean?

From my experience, interviews are held in country of residence.
When I changed my interview post back in May, KCC requested me to unlock my DS-260 application and change my current address to the country I wanted to be interviewed in.
That’s the thing. Do you need to reside there or can you use the address of a family member?
I have always thought that you couldn’t if you weren’t residing in the country.

That’s the thing. Do you need to reside there or can you use the address of a family member?
I have always thought that you couldn’t if you weren’t residing in the country.
I have similar thoughts with you
If JM determines to reserve visa, I will go to Canada asap.
However, we know that Montreal is not accepting DV.
If DV-2021 starts interviewing again and the situation in Montreal is still the same, I want to go back to HK

I have similar thoughts with you
If JM determines to reserve visa, I will go to Canada asap.
However, we know that Montreal is not accepting DV.
If DV-2021 starts interviewing again and the situation in Montreal is still the same, I want to go back to HK
God. DO NOT try to get interviewed in MTL. They simply won’t move their butt and are currently processing visas that were DQ back in September 2020. For tier 3 and 4, it’s September 2019. Which means that we absolutely have NO chance of ever being interviewed. And no, this is not going to happen this month. The order is not asking them to move their butt if they have a huge backlog.

This week is critical
Yes, But there are a lot of people who are already DQ and to receive 2NLs. I don't think they are going to send 2NLs for everyone who are already DQ either. Numbers of some embassies are not even moving and sitting as the same number is last week. I don't know whether they are really having a such back log or its just an excuse with Covid.

God. DO NOT try to get interviewed in MTL. They simply won’t move their butt and are currently processing visas that were DQ back in September 2020. For tier 3 and 4, it’s September 2019. Which means that we absolutely have NO chance of ever being interviewed. And no, this is not going to happen this month. The order is not asking them to move their butt if they have a huge backlog.
I won't. I want to have my interview in Hong Kong.

Hi guys! Question please … for those who know already my story , we’ve had our interview on last 16th of June in Paris but until now our visa is still not approved due to country of chargeability error when we applied . They kept our passports at the embassy (my husband , mine and my daughter’s passport) but since I’m living in Qatar with my daughter for professional reason, I’ve had to collect my passports from the embassy to be able to travel with my daughter . Our status in ceac was “refused” until 3rd of September then it changed to “ready”. I’ve sent an email to embassy last night and today the status changed to “Administrative processing”. Hoping that it is a good sign but just wondering , in case it will be issued , do you think I can request to make my visa printed on my passport and daughter’s passport from the US embassy in Qatar or shall I travel back to Paris just for printing ? Knowing that 30th of September is approaching and very tight time to travel . Is administrative processing a good sign ?
thanks in advance for your answer

Hi guys! Question please … for those who know already my story , we’ve had our interview on last 16th of June in Paris but until now our visa is still not approved due to country of chargeability error when we applied . They kept our passports at the embassy (my husband , mine and my daughter’s passport) but since I’m living in Qatar with my daughter for professional reason, I’ve had to collect my passports from the embassy to be able to travel with my daughter . Our status in ceac was “refused” until 3rd of September then it changed to “ready”. I’ve sent an email to embassy last night and today the status changed to “Administrative processing”. Hoping that it is a good sign but just wondering , in case it will be issued , do you think I can request to make my visa printed on my passport and daughter’s passport from the US embassy in Qatar or shall I travel back to Paris just for printing ? Knowing that 30th of September is approaching and very tight time to travel . Is administrative processing a good sign ?
thanks in advance for your answer
The US embassy in Qatar cannot issue/print the visa on your passport. If your case gets approved, the US embassy in Paris will be embassy with jurisdiction over issuing/printing the visa. You will either need to mail in your passport or go to Paris in person to do that.