• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

1. To ensure consistency with the existing US immigration records, my recommendation is to get a new passport in alignment with what was on the diplomatic passport she used in the US.
2. Because she’s a derivative, and not the main selectee, not matching the date on the eDV entry shouldn’t be a problem during processing. If the issue comes up during their interview, they should explain the situation like you did here.

Thank you mom for your response!

Quick question
I have unlocked my DS260 (mine and my wife's application to correct some spellings)

Now my friend who lives in the states (used his address) has moved to new address

Can i request KCC to unlock my children's DS260 ?
Or since there are already opened applications they can't do it ?

Or should i submit our application then after few days i ask them to unlock the children's DS260?

What is the best scenario to use?

Thank you
Anyone?!

Hello Mom! Asia winner here and I am thamkful for your service to us. Just wanted to ask if anyone has gotten a receipt from the DOS yet. I am a winner located in the states with an F1 visa and have been waiting for the receipt for over a month. I called the DOS twice but their visa department is out of service. Do you know a phone number that I can call to confirm if they have received it my request?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Folks
I am the winner of Dv2021 from Ethiopia. I have some questions related to the passport case. due to COVID 19 ministry of immigration (ethiopian) stop issuing and renewal passport service for months and at that time i cant update my wife passport and issuing new passport for the newborn child,than after some days later ministry of immigration (ethiopian) permits issuing and updating passports (for some period of time) only for dv winners ,medical, student, government officials, … in this situation we use this opportunity to update our passport (my and my wife)and also issuing new passport for our new born child , my wife passport expired on 24 may 2020 and also my passport expires on 23 august 2021.
When we fill DS 260 on august 12, 2020, i use the updated passport number to fill the form which varies with the primary DV entry (original dv entry) passport number. already we have the original
passport of both the new and old on our hand.

So, my question is …..
  • Is there any problem filling DS260 by using the updated passport (new passport number) ?
  • Or Shall I ask KCC to Unlock DS260 to adjust passport number (to refill the old passport) ?
i hope you will give me a solution for fixing this problem

Quick question
I have unlocked my DS260 (mine and my wife's application to correct some spellings)

Now my friend who lives in the states (used his address) has moved to new address

Can i request KCC to unlock my children's DS260 ?
Or since there are already opened applications they can't do it ?

Or should i submit our application then after few days i ask them to unlock the children's DS260?

What is the best scenario to use?

Thank you

You can contact KCC and request they unlock your kids DS260 forms too.

Hello Mom! Asia winner here and I am thamkful for your service to us. Just wanted to ask if anyone has gotten a receipt from the DOS yet. I am a winner located in the states with an F1 visa and have been waiting for the receipt for over a month. I called the DOS twice but their visa department is out of service. Do you know a phone number that I can call to confirm if they have received it my request?

Thanks in advance!

Are you processing AOS and asking about the DV Administrative Processing Fee payment receipt? If yes, please post your questions on the DV 2021 AOS Only thread. Asking AOS related questions on the general DV thread creates unnecessary confusion.

Hello Folks
I am the winner of Dv2021 from Ethiopia. I have some questions related to the passport case. due to COVID 19 ministry of immigration (ethiopian) stop issuing and renewal passport service for months and at that time i cant update my wife passport and issuing new passport for the newborn child,than after some days later ministry of immigration (ethiopian) permits issuing and updating passports (for some period of time) only for dv winners ,medical, student, government officials, … in this situation we use this opportunity to update our passport (my and my wife)and also issuing new passport for our new born child , my wife passport expired on 24 may 2020 and also my passport expires on 23 august 2021.
When we fill DS 260 on august 12, 2020, i use the updated passport number to fill the form which varies with the primary DV entry (original dv entry) passport number. already we have the original
passport of both the new and old on our hand.

So, my question is …..
  • Is there any problem filling DS260 by using the updated passport (new passport number) ?
  • Or Shall I ask KCC to Unlock DS260 to adjust passport number (to refill the old passport) ?
i hope you will give me a solution for fixing this problem

Fill out the DS260 forms with the new passport numbers. Keep the old passports at hand and be ready to present them if required during your interview.

Hello,I got selected DV 2021 my case no. Is 2021AS00007XXX I send my support documents to KCC on September 16 and got automatic reply email from kcc as written they will email back to me 3-6 weeks but still I haven’t received any email from kcc,what should I do now?

Hello,I got selected DV 2021 my case no. Is 2021AS00007XXX I send my support documents to KCC on September 16 and got automatic reply email from kcc as written they will email back to me 3-6 weeks but still I haven’t received any email from kcc,what should I do now?
Best thing is to wait, you will receive an email when your CN is processed. I submitted my documents on 19th August but did not receive a reply after 6 weeks. I have emailed KCC and this is the response I got:
Thank you for your inquiry.
After sending documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, you will receive an automatic reply to your email. If there are no attachments, the auto reply explains there are no documents attached to the email. If there are attachments, the auto reply explains we received your email and are currently processing your documents. Please allow time for processing of your documents. Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.
Scheduling for the DV 2021 program year has not yet begun. Please monitor Travel.State.gov for updates. Selectees will be notified by an email to the address they provided to check the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website as soon as an interview is scheduled. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Interviews are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers which have completed processing. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. You may refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. Please remember that selection for participation in the Diversity Visa Program is not a guarantee of a visa or of a visa interview.
In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

Best thing is to wait, you will receive an email when your CN is processed. I submitted my documents on 19th August but did not receive a reply after 6 weeks. I have emailed KCC and this is the response I got:

I received the following email from KCC:

Your DS-260 has been processed. You should have received, or will soon receive, an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing. Please follow the instructions in the email. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check​
Scheduling for the DV 2021 program year has not yet begun. Please monitor for updates. Selectees will be notified by an email to the address they provided to check the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website as soon as an interview is scheduled. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Interviews are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers which have completed processing. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. You may refer to the visa bulletin at for the list of current numbers. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. Please remember that selection for participation in the Diversity Visa Program is not a guarantee of a visa or of a visa interview.​
In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.​
Does this mean the docs are ok and I need to wait for scheduling interview? It's not clearly written... My case number is AS5xxx.

Thank you

I received the following email from KCC:

Your DS-260 has been processed. You should have received, or will soon receive, an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing. Please follow the instructions in the email. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check​
Scheduling for the DV 2021 program year has not yet begun. Please monitor for updates. Selectees will be notified by an email to the address they provided to check the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website as soon as an interview is scheduled. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Interviews are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers which have completed processing. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. You may refer to the visa bulletin at for the list of current numbers. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. Please remember that selection for participation in the Diversity Visa Program is not a guarantee of a visa or of a visa interview.​
In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.​
Does this mean the docs are ok and I need to wait for scheduling interview? It's not clearly written... My case number is AS5xxx.

Thank you
I received the same email after another inquiry. I think they just copy and paste from a set of answers or the whole process is automated. Only option is to wait until they send out 2NLs and start actual interviews.

Hi guys
I have a question regarding the visa bulletin numbers, when you open the visa bulletin for October 2020 and scroll down to November table, for example Asia has case number 2800, when the visa bulletin of November 2020 arrived, and you check down the December table, for Asia the number is 3500, increased only by 700.

Now does the selection number depends on how many people have sent their civil documents by email or there are a criteria?
The capacity of the desired embassy?
I think this visa bulletin numbering for December has increased by little for all the regions.

Regards

Not sure if here's the right place to ask, but why did they change "DV lottery" name to "DV program", is there anything important behind it?

Not sure if here's the right place to ask, but why did they change "DV lottery" name to "DV program", is there anything important behind it?
Don’t know, but maybe they are trying to steer people away from the misconception that being selected always means you’ll get a visa.
It's no longer a lottery but a program
There have been no fundamental changes to how the process works. Specifically, selection is still random so the “lottery” element remains intact.