• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Mr A
You need to press 'send confirmation via email' button (or something like this), to get the DS260 confirmation via email, they don't send it automatically.

As for the documents, you can send them now but that will not make any difference, they process documents by CN order. Your documents will not be processed earlier because you send them early.

Last year for example, they requested documents from everyone at once, people with CNs 40-50K send theirs in October, but they did not get Documents Ready email in 3-6 weeks, many of us did not receive it at all) So just be patient and wait for your turn. Follow up the process and when they start sending emails to CNs over 20K, you can then send yours. KCC will not tell you anything different.

Hello,
It's been month i didnt check this thread, so i'm a dv21 selectee with the CN AF54k from Algeria.
I saw that algeria got 6001 selectees, and the nov visa bulletin is around 5k for africa.
So, with these informations (and the ban), i have 2 questions :
What are the chances for my number ? And should i submit my DS260 or not yet ?

I dont understand how they can post visa bulletins with the ban tho, what does it mean ?
Thank you'all !

Hello,
I have a question about the process of paying DS-260 and the next steps. I have completed DS-260 a few days ago, but when I click on FEES, it gives me an error. This is while my case number is current now.
1- Should I wait to receive an email from KCC to continue the rest of process?
2- If yes, how long roughly does it take to get such an email from KCC?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,
It's been month i didnt check this thread, so i'm a dv21 selectee with the CN AF54k from Algeria.
I saw that algeria got 6001 selectees, and the nov visa bulletin is around 5k for africa.
So, with these informations (and the ban), i have 2 questions :
What are the chances for my number ? And should i submit my DS260 or not yet ?

I dont understand how they can post visa bulletins with the ban tho, what does it mean ?
Thank you'all !

1. I think the right answer for now is still a wait and see one.
2. There are selectees currently residing in the US who are not impacted by the travel, those with current CN as shown by the VB can begin their processing in the US.

Hello,
I have a question about the process of paying DS-260 and the next steps. I have completed DS-260 a few days ago, but when I click on FEES, it gives me an error. This is while my case number is current now.
1- Should I wait to receive an email from KCC to continue the rest of process?
2- If yes, how long roughly does it take to get such an email from KCC?

Thank you in advance.

Selectees processing CP do not make online payment, you will until you go for your interview to make the payment. Next step after DS260 is for KCC to request document submission - this may be a couple of months if you just submitted your DS260 form. Use the waiting period to start gathering your documents, especially if your CN is current.

Hi @Sm1smom
My case number is current and I have submitted the documents and recieved the confirmation
If they will start scheduling the interviews
The 2NL should be sent next month
Incase I didn't receive it means the interview will be beyond January correct ?

Hi @Sm1smom
My case number is current and I have submitted the documents and recieved the confirmation
If they will started scheduling the interviews
The 2NL should be sent next month
Incase I didn't receive it means the interview will be beyond January correct ?

Assuming the KCC starts sending out the 2NL for January interview dates in November (which I doubt), then probably yes.

Selectees processing CP do not make online payment, you will until you go for your interview to make the payment. Next step after DS260 is for KCC to request document submission - this may be a couple of months if you just submitted your DS260 form. Use the waiting period to start gathering your documents, especially if your CN is current.
Thank you very much Mom for your reply! Does it mean that I could have submitted DS-260 earlier than October? (my CN is AS0000XXX)

My son has green card and lives in the US. Can he fill affidavit support for me? Or we should find someone who is a US citizen?

Thank you very much Mom for your reply! Does it mean that I could have submitted DS-260 earlier than October? (my CN is AS0000XXX)

My son has green card and lives in the US. Can he fill affidavit support for me? Or we should find someone who is a US citizen?

1. Yes you could.
2. Yes he can.

Can I ask what does "Current" CN mean? Is there a way to find out for example on what number is the queue for EU region? Thank you in advance.

Can I ask what does "Current" CN mean? Is there a way to find out for example on what number is the queue for EU region? Thank you in advance.

CN current means case number is below the number listed on the VB for a specific month which indicates when a selectee is eligible to be scheduled for their interview.

Link to the current VB showing EU CNs below 4,800 current for the month of Nov.

Visit Simon’s blog for more information on how to read the visa bulletin and for more DV processing related articles.

Good morning, thank you so much for the selfless job you do on this groups, hopefully I can get some clarification on a couple doubts I currently face: if I currently have an F1 and I have been selected, does submitting the DS260 makes my F1 invalid? If, God forbids, this fiscalyear gets complicated too and I cannot complete my DV process, what will happen to my F1?

Good morning, thank you so much for the selfless job you do on this groups, hopefully I can get some clarification on a couple doubts I currently face: if I currently have an F1 and I have been selected, does submitting the DS260 makes my F1 invalid? If, God forbids, this fiscalyear gets complicated too and I cannot complete my DV process, what will happen to my F1?

1. No it doesn’t. However it signifies a demonstration of an immigration intent. Meaning should you end up not getting a GC, you may not be able to get a NIV in the future should you need to apply for a new one.

2. You retain your F1 status as long as you do not do anything to violate the status during the GC processing.

1. No it doesn’t. However it signifies a demonstration of an immigration intent. Meaning should you end up not getting a GC, you may not be able to get a NIV in the future should you need to apply for a new one.

2. You retain your F1 status as long as you do not do anything to violate the status during the GC processing.
Thank you so so much for such a quick answer.
I was told that it is a bit of a "rule of thumb" that if two years have passed since you showed immigrant intent you are somewhat safe. But, as for now, I just wanted to make sure I was going to be able to finish my master's program and OPT if I end up not getting a GC.

So, to be 100% sure: submitting the DS260 and going back to my country for the interview, if something goes wrong (interviews get cancelled again, for example), do not automatically cancel my F1 and I would be able to go back to the US, right?

Again, very many thanks.

Thank you so so much for such a quick answer.
I was told that it is a bit of a "rule of thumb" that if two years have passed since you showed immigrant intent you are somewhat safe. But, as for now, I just wanted to make sure I was going to be able to finish my master's program and OPT if I end up not getting a GC.

So, to be 100% sure: submitting the DS260 and going back to my country for the interview, if something goes wrong (interviews get cancelled again, for example), do not automatically cancel my F1 and I would be able to go back to the US, right?

Again, very many thanks.

There's no such "rule of thumb" AFAIK. One will need to convince the IO they no longer have an immigrant intent, and that may be tough to overcome for some, regardless of the number of years since the immigrant intent was demonstrated.

Like I already stated, a demonstrated immigrant intent does not automatically cancel an existing NIV as long as you do not do anything to violate the status. However, there's no such thing as "100% sure" in terms of being admitted to the US, admission or re-admission is always at the discretion of the CBP. Only a USC is 100% guaranteed of admission or re-admission to the US.

Thank you so much Sm1smom. It makes more sense now. So the current case for EU is 4800 and my number is EU00029XXX. This means there is a really long time until I am being called correct?

Thank you so much Sm1smom. It makes more sense now. So the current case for EU is 4800 and my number is EU00029XXX. This means there is a really long time until I am being called correct?

Correct. And I believe Susie tried explaining this to you earlier on when you kept worrying about not receiving the document submission email from KCC.

Correct. And I believe Susie tried explaining this to you earlier on when you kept worrying about not receiving the document submission email from KCC.
Yes maybe. I had no idea what current CN meant but now it makes more sense. Thank you to you both :)