• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

hello sir. this is an Asia winner in Hong Kong, case number AS11XXX. I found some Taiwan winner with number 12XXX received KCC email requesting for documentations, in Sept. But we have not receive any email from KCC yet. Since we are not eligible for DV 2022, will the DV2021 Hong Kong winners being dropped out the game? It's like no one receiving KCC email since DV2022 announcement.

hello sir. this is an Asia winner in Hong Kong, case number AS11XXX. I found some Taiwan winner with number 12XXX received KCC email requesting for documentations, in Sept. But we have not receive any email from KCC yet. Since we are not eligible for DV 2022, will the DV2021 Hong Kong winners being dropped out the game? It's like no one receiving KCC email since DV2022 announcement.

Hi,

Here are also the winner from Hong Kong.
My CN number is AS5XXX and I have received the e-mail to request the document.
When did you sent out your DS-260? Have you make sure the process in DS-260 is turned to "complete"?
If your DS-260 is turned to "Complete" and you've sent the application over 1.5 month,
I think you better to send a e-mail to KCC because there was some cases in the past which the winner cannot received the request document e-mail.

Also, I think there are no change in DV-2021. The only way you need to concern is the end of the travel ban will postpone or not.

Anyway, congratulation and hopefully we will get the green card in next year.

Hi,

Here are also the winner from Hong Kong.
My CN number is AS5XXX and I have received the e-mail to request the document.
When did you sent out your DS-260? Have you make sure the process in DS-260 is turned to "complete"?
If your DS-260 is turned to "Complete" and you've sent the application over 1.5 month,
I think you better to send a e-mail to KCC because there was some cases in the past which the winner cannot received the request document e-mail.

Also, I think there are no change in DV-2021. The only way you need to concern is the end of the travel ban will postpone or not.

Anyway, congratulation and hopefully we will get the green card in next year.

I submitted DS260 in mid June. Thank you. Then I shall email KCC to check for the updates.

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I could not find the answer for. When we registered for the DV lottery my family was in the US and we registered also our son, that is a US citizen, in the DV lottery application and now when filling the DS-260 his entry is there, should I fill the DS-260 for him as well or contact KCC to remove him from there?

Thank you,

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I could not find the answer for. When we registered for the DV lottery my family was in the US and we registered also our son, that is a US citizen, in the DV lottery application and now when filling the DS-260 his entry is there, should I fill the DS-260 for him as well or contact KCC to remove him from there?

Thank you,
Remove him, instructions are actually clear about this. He is a US citizen already, he cannot get a US visa/green card.
(You won’t be penalized for having included him on the entry.)

Hello, im having a problem to submit the ds 260 form it says that my case number is unavailable but earlier this week i had a successful login any suggestions what should i do?

Yes, everything is within order maybe they locked my case because i already signed one time but i didnt submit it
Its not a reason to lock your account. Same thing happened to me ones. Maybe there is a problem with the website. Try again later.

Hi,

I am a DV2021 winner (EU27XXX) I have a question for which I couldn't find any clear answer in the DV official instructions:

So I won the lottery being listed as a single. I am in a relationship with my girlfriend for 6 years but we are not married yet so i entered as single.
Now that I won we are thinking of getting married quickly so that we both get the green card together and move to the US together.
I already submitted my DS 260 in late June but I haven't been asked for the documents yet so, correct me if i am wrong, but if we get married let's say before the end of 2020, we would be on time to add her to the process as a derivative right?

Another thing to know is that my girlfriend's mother is a US citizen (not born there but she got the citizenship after being married to an American years ago) so she potentially has another way to get a green card through family reunion with her mother but from what i read this can take from 3 to 7 years so this would mean for us to live a very complicated life for at least 3 years since she couldn't stay more than a few months a year in the US with an ESTA.

Now the thing is, my case is I think very good on all points (education, current job, money in the bank, etc...) so there is a high chance that i get the GC if I get interviewed despite covid, etc...
On the other hand my future wife :
- doesn't have the high school diploma needed
- doesn't have two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform

So basically she is not eligible to apply for the DV if she was applying for herself.

My question is, does the Derivative of a winner (the wife here) needs those requirements (diploma or work experience) to be eligible as a derivative?

We don't know what to do know as we are afraid this would disqualify both of us so we are thinking right now that it would be safer that I get the GC alone and she then gets it through her mother but this would take a few years unfortunately and be very complicated obviously.

If someone knows a clear answer about the derivatives I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you very much to everyone answering questions on this forum (and Simon for the videos) it has been a great help from me since i received the news that i was selected :) !

Hi,

I am a DV2021 winner (EU27XXX) I have a question for which I couldn't find any clear answer in the DV official instructions:

So I won the lottery being listed as a single. I am in a relationship with my girlfriend for 6 years but we are not married yet so i entered as single.
Now that I won we are thinking of getting married quickly so that we both get the green card together and move to the US together.
I already submitted my DS 260 in late June but I haven't been asked for the documents yet so, correct me if i am wrong, but if we get married let's say before the end of 2020, we would be on time to add her to the process as a derivative right?

Another thing to know is that my girlfriend's mother is a US citizen (not born there but she got the citizenship after being married to an American years ago) so she potentially has another way to get a green card through family reunion with her mother but from what i read this can take from 3 to 7 years so this would mean for us to live a very complicated life for at least 3 years since she couldn't stay more than a few months a year in the US with an ESTA.

Now the thing is, my case is I think very good on all points (education, current job, money in the bank, etc...) so there is a high chance that i get the GC if I get interviewed despite covid, etc...
On the other hand my future wife :
- doesn't have the high school diploma needed
- doesn't have two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform

So basically she is not eligible to apply for the DV if she was applying for herself.

My question is, does the Derivative of a winner (the wife here) needs those requirements (diploma or work experience) to be eligible as a derivative?

We don't know what to do know as we are afraid this would disqualify both of us so we are thinking right now that it would be safer that I get the GC alone and she then gets it through her mother but this would take a few years unfortunately and be very complicated obviously.

If someone knows a clear answer about the derivatives I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you very much to everyone answering questions on this forum (and Simon for the videos) it has been a great help from me since i received the news that i was selected :) !
Only the winner needs to meet the requirements (unless you are cross charging for eligibility which you are not).

Only the winner needs to meet the requirements (unless you are cross charging for eligibility which you are not).
Hi Susie
Thanks for your quick reply!
Is that for certain because I couldn't find this written anywhere in the instructions?
So from what i read if we get married, then i would ask KCC to unlock my file and then we would need to fill another DS-260 for her. Is the DS-260 derivative identical to the main applicant DS-260? That would mean she would potentially leave blank the fields of work in the past five years and the high school diploma requirements and you are sure that would be no problem whatsoever for the consulate at the interview?
Just want to be sure because this is such an important decision with big consequences for us if we make the bad choice.

So in our case you would definitely advise us to get married, you think this is reasonable to get married before the end of 2020 without endangering the whole process at all?

Thanks!

Hi Susie
Thanks for your quick reply!
Is that for certain because I couldn't find this written anywhere in the instructions?
So from what i read if we get married, then i would ask KCC to unlock my file and then we would need to fill another DS-260 for her. Is the DS-260 derivative identical to the main applicant DS-260? That would mean she would potentially leave blank the fields of work in the past five years and the high school diploma requirements and you are sure that would be no problem whatsoever for the consulate at the interview?
Just want to be sure because this is such an important decision with big consequences for us if we make the bad choice.

So in our case you would definitely advise us to get married, you think this is reasonable to get married before the end of 2020 without endangering the whole process at all?

Thanks!
You didn’t find it in the instructions *because* it isn’t a requirement (other than for cross-charging, where they do clearly state it). Think about it logically, if derivatives had to meet all the requirements no one could take minor children.

You clearly have a bona fide relationship, it seems logical to get married. Bring evidence of your long term relationship to the interview.

You didn’t find it in the instructions *because* it isn’t a requirement. Think about it logically, if derivatives had to meet all the requirements no one could take minor children.

You clearly have a bona fide relationship, it seems logical to get married. Bring evidence of your long term relationship to the interview.
Ok thank you so much for taking the time to reply!
Let's get married then :) and hope for a quick covid vaccine :)

Quick question
I have unlocked my DS260 (mine and my wife's application to correct some spellings)

Now my friend who lives in the states (used his address) has moved to new address

Can i request KCC to unlock my children's DS260 ?
Or since there are already opened applications they can't do it ?

Or should i submit our application then after few days i ask them to unlock the children's DS260?

What is the best scenario to use?

Thank you

Hello, I would like to ask you a few questions on behalf of my uncle. (FYI, I successfully went through the AOS process myself in 2017 thanks to this forum).

My uncle won the 2021 DV lottery back in Africa and is proceeding with CP. He is the principal and wife/kids are the derivatives.

Background: His wife's birth certificate only has a year of birth. There is no date or month because her parents did not declare her on time and it is customary to list an approximate year of birth in those cases in my country.
He used to be a diplomat working for his embassy in the US and the diplomatic passport that the wife had at the time listed 12/31/XXXX as her dob. So, she got a U.S social, working permit and A-number based on that DOB.

Then, their mission ended and they returned back home. Since the diplomatic passport expired, she applied for a regular passport and that service listed 1/1/XXXX as her DOB (again, she only has a year of birth and the diplomatic passport services and the regular passport services used different dates of births on the passport).

So fast forward, my uncle entered the 2021 DV lottery with the DOB 1/1/XXXX since that's the date that was on the new regular passport for his wife.

My uncle is filing for the DS-260 and doesn't know honestly what to do.

1.) Will it be a problem if his wife gets her regular passport reissued by the authorities with the dob 12/31/XXXX and he uses that dob on DS260 form since that's the dob that she had been using previously in the US?

2.) Or should he maintain 1/1/XXXX on the DS-260 to match the DV entry?

3.) Other suggestions?

Thank you very much for your time.

Hello Mom,

I received the following email from KCC. I am already current. What should I do next to get a visa interview? Thank you very much in advance.

Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2021 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2021. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvlottery.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check dvlottery.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions.

Hello Mom,

I received the following email from KCC. I am already current. What should I do next to get a visa interview? Thank you very much in advance.

Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2021 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2021. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvlottery.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check dvlottery.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions.
Are you doing consular processing? They will not schedule consular interviews while the ban on issuance for DV2021 is in place. It is currently uncertain at what point they will start sending interview notices. You can contact KCC to double check documents received and see if they can give you any hint of when they might start scheduling interviews, but other than that you can’t do anything other than wait at this point unfortunately.

Hello, I would like to ask you a few questions on behalf of my uncle. (FYI, I successfully went through the AOS process myself in 2017 thanks to this forum).

My uncle won the 2021 DV lottery back in Africa and is proceeding with CP. He is the principal and wife/kids are the derivatives.

Background: His wife's birth certificate only has a year of birth. There is no date or month because her parents did not declare her on time and it is customary to list an approximate year of birth in those cases in my country.
He used to be a diplomat working for his embassy in the US and the diplomatic passport that the wife had at the time listed 12/31/XXXX as her dob. So, she got a U.S social, working permit and A-number based on that DOB.

Then, their mission ended and they returned back home. Since the diplomatic passport expired, she applied for a regular passport and that service listed 1/1/XXXX as her DOB (again, she only has a year of birth and the diplomatic passport services and the regular passport services used different dates of births on the passport).

So fast forward, my uncle entered the 2021 DV lottery with the DOB 1/1/XXXX since that's the date that was on the new regular passport for his wife.

My uncle is filing for the DS-260 and doesn't know honestly what to do.

1.) Will it be a problem if his wife gets her regular passport reissued by the authorities with the dob 12/31/XXXX and he uses that dob on DS260 form since that's the dob that she had been using previously in the US?

2.) Or should he maintain 1/1/XXXX on the DS-260 to match the DV entry?

3.) Other suggestions?

Thank you very much for your time.

1. To ensure consistency with the existing US immigration records, my recommendation is to get a new passport in alignment with what was on the diplomatic passport she used in the US.
2. Because she’s a derivative, and not the main selectee, not matching the date on the eDV entry shouldn’t be a problem during processing. If the issue comes up during their interview, they should explain the situation like you did here.

Hello Mom,

Contact KCC to find out all your documents have been received like the email says, following which you patiently wait to be scheduled for an interview.