• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Here in comments section you can read about many silly reasons people got rejected their visa application (not related to DV) The law doesn't matter to them.

~ ~ Moderator edited post ~ ~
~ ~ Non-DV related link removed ~ ~
i don’t know what was there as mod removed it but honestly you need to be more critical of stuff you read on the net. A lot of people are angry about visa denials, i assume most of these were NIVs where they could not disprove immigrant intent assumption. Which is the law.

Here in comments section you can read about many silly reasons people got rejected their visa application (not related to DV) The law doesn't matter to them.

~ ~ Moderator edited post ~ ~
~ ~ Non-DV related link removed ~ ~
Those comments are probably speculative. At least in the case of NIV. A lot of people who get denied under 214(b) never really know what exactly caused the denial. You can only assume that it must have been something tied to that section.

The words I believe mean that I am not sure, and later I did advise to "ask some other well know members who are more experienced with immigration details to confirm this". I never said you MUST do this or that as you understood it.

Congratulations everyone!
This is my ’third time lucky’ moment! My case number is OC000018XX. Based on last years bulletins I’m not expecting anything until at least Jan next year

The words I believe mean that I am not sure, and later I did advise to "ask some other well know members who are more experienced with immigration details to confirm this". I never said you MUST do this or that as you understood it.

You know what I do when I’m on a forum and i’m not sure about the answer, but I know that there are posters around who have experience in it? I just keep quiet and wait for them to respond. And if, as has happened, I respond to something and later find out my answer was wrong or misleading, I apologize for it and learn from it. Not saying you have to do this. Just giving an alternative to feeling you have to respond to questions whose answers you are not sure about.

This is my ’third time lucky’ moment! My case number is OC000018XX. Based on last years bulletins I’m not expecting anything until at least Jan next year
Please don't compare 2020 FY with any other year . 2020 is a total different situation with many irregular events .

Myself and my husband submitted for the very first time...and we were both selected! He has a EU00022XXX number and for myself AS00029XXX. We couldn't believe that both of us were selected under different zones. What should we do now??? Should we submit the DS-260 twice for each one us??? there are no instructions for our special situation. I couldn't find any information about what we should do in such case.

Myself and my husband submitted for the very first time...and we were both selected! He has a EU00022XXX number and for myself AS00029XXX. We couldn't believe that both of us were selected under different zones. What should we do now??? Should we submit the DS-260 twice for each one us??? there are no instructions for our special situation. I couldn't find any information about what we should do in such case.

amazing luck!! Depends how conservative you are. You can either file two parallel applications in case something goes wrong with one of them, or just go for the one likely to be current first. I am assuming both of you are fully qualified as principal applicants and there are no unusual aspects to your case?

Wow! Double congratulations. You guys can go ahead and submit DS260 forms based on both selections (yes, twice as main selectee and dependent (as applicable) for each selection) - assuming you both meet the requirements on your own of course. Proceed with interview based on whichever CN becomes current first.

What did your friend enter in the part of the entry form that asked for passport details? Did he claim one of the exceptions or use made up information?
He entered the second option as he was not able to get passport at that time but since he is selected he can show the 1NL to the immigrations staffs
B) Passport Exemption:
1591559362923.png I am not required to submit passport information because I am:
Unable to obtain a passport, and have received an individual waiver of
the passport requirement by the Secretary of Homeland Security or Secretary of State.

I understand that if it is later determined I am not exempt from the passport requirement, I may be disqualified from the Diversity Visa program.

Wow! Double congratulations. You guys can go ahead and submit DS260 forms based on both selections (yes, twice as main selectee and dependent (as applicable) for each selection). Proceed with interview based on whichever CN becomes current first.

amazing luck!! Depends how conservative you are. You can either file two parallel applications in case something goes wrong with one of them, or just go for the one likely to be current first. I am assuming both of you are fully qualified as principal applicants and there are no unusual aspects to your case?

We both qualified as principal applicants. The lack of documents for my husband (such as a birth certificate or immunization) may be an issue....we immigrated to Canada 15 years ago. We started filling out the DS260. It looks like it takes forever. I cannot even thinking to do this all over again :) horrible site that is a nightmare for those who have changed their address many times, had many past employers and degrees/certifications :) keep crushing after 10 minutes so needs to enter all over again, and again, and again :)

My only concern is that something will screw up if after the successful interview...we won't show up for the second interview and that will have an impact on the application. Since there is no language around our situation...I think I will stick with your advice and submit this twice.

I just received my eligibility for the first time :)
With a cn of eu20xxx does it look promissing for getting an interview?

He entered the second option as he was not able to get passport at that time but since he is selected he can show the 1NL to the immigrations staffs
B) Passport Exemption:
View attachment 1688 I am not required to submit passport information because I am:
the passport requirement by the Secretary of Homeland Security or Secretary of State.

I understand that if it is later determined I am not exempt from the passport requirement, I may be disqualified from the Diversity Visa program.

did he actually have an individual waiver? Was there any guidance on the US embassy website of the country for nationals without passports?

To be honest, I don’t know how this will play out. If it is true that you need a reason for a passport then the embassy may understand that and allow it. Or the embassy may decide he incorrectly chose that option. There is obviously no precedent as this is the first year this requirement is in place.

We both qualified as principal applicants. The lack of documents for my husband (such as a birth certificate or immunization) may be an issue....we immigrated to Canada 15 years ago. We started filling out the DS260. It looks like it takes forever. I cannot even thinking to do this all over again :) horrible site that is a nightmare for those who have changed their address many times, had many past employers and degrees/certifications :) keep crushing after 10 minutes so needs to enter all over again, and again, and again :)

My only concern is that something will screw up if after the successful interview...we won't show up for the second interview and that will have an impact on the application. Since there is no language around our situation...I think I will stick with your advice and submit this twice.
Immunization documents isn’t a problem. He will probably need a birth certificate, regardless whether you or he is principal. What country is he from? (There are rare exemptions)

The key to not losing data while filling a DS260 is to save each page before moving to the next one so that if the website crashes , which happens many times , you will just need to start from when you stop , I stead of start again all over .

What's the highest EU number you've heard so far? Couple of people are in 35K range, someone mentioned 37K, but I am not sure.

Strangely this year a lot of people from my country who posted in our FB group, have very low CNs, most of them even under 10K.
Last year it was absolutely opposite, almost everyone had CNs over 30-40K, including me.

B) Passport Exemption:
View attachment 1688 I am not required to submit passport information because I am:

IMHO, your friend might as well forget about the selection unless he had a waiver of passport requirement by the Secretary of State - which I very much doubt. A lot of people tried to bypass the passport requirement by selecting this option without having the actual waiver. Any selectee that falls within this category will be disqualified, and that will be justified. The passport requirement was put there for a reason.

You can always email the embassy to cancel the second interview if you’ve already successfully completed the first one. Immunization record is not an issue, the required medical exam will address that. Your husband however will need his long form b/c regardless of if he’s processing as the principal applicant or the beneficiary, unless of course the reciprocity page already shows such documents are not available in his home country.

did he actually have an individual waiver? Was there any guidance on the US embassy website of the country for nationals without passports?

To be honest, I don’t know how this will play out. If it is true that you need a reason for a passport then the embassy may understand that and allow it. Or the embassy may decide he incorrectly chose that option. There is obviously no precedent as this is the first year this requirement is in place.
Yeah that is right we don’t know any thing yet and I don’t want to rush to conclusion I told him to be patient and see what happen.
KCC can’t do any thing since it the consular embassy that has the last decision to approve or deny the visa.So he will follow all the required steps submitting DS-260 an lets see how it goes.

Yeah that is right we don’t know any thing yet and I don’t want to rush to conclusion I told him to be patient and see what happen.
KCC can’t do any thing since it the consular embassy that has the last decision to approve or deny the visa.So he will follow all the required steps submitting DS-260 an lets see how it goes.
Ok, as long as he understands (1) that submitting a DS260 is a declaration of immigrant intent that could be an issue even if he doesn’t proceed and then tries to get a non immigrant visa later (2) he probably has a pretty good chance of being denied if he didn’t have the waiver (you didn’t answer that part)