• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

2021SA00003XXX here! I'm so happy, this is my first time applying and I actually have the opportunity to get the DV :D

Yeah, seems like it. I panicked for a second when I tried to send the DS-260 form and got that error, but it calms me a bit knowing that I'm not the only one with this issue.

Yep, other selectees are having the same issue :) It probably won't be fixed until at least Monday! It started probably 3 hours ago. No issues before that. I am assuming that their server exploded somehow given how many people must have been trying to submit their DS-260. I am just starting to add some info but won't submit before the arrival of my baby ;)

2021AS00026XXX selected on the 3rd attempt here - celebrating and all over the moon over this weekend :)

Need some help with a couple of questions

1. When I submitted my DV 2021 application last year, I was living in the Netherlands and so my result notification says post as 'Amsterdam'. I am currently working on a H1B in the US - will this cause a problem for me?

2. Which is the recommended way to get the green card the fastest - through AOS or through consular processing?

Hello guys
A friend of mine has been selected for the visa diversity lottery. I only have one question: On the electronic entry form he mistakenly wrote a "nickname" as his middle name, despite him having no middle name (say his first name is Jonathan and last name Smith, he wrote Jonathan as his first name, "Johnny" as his middle name, and Smith as his last name).
Is this a grave mistake? If he files the middle name correctly on the DS-260 form, will there be any problem?
Thanks in advance guys.

Good morning! After 30 years of trying I am now randomly selected for DV 2021. I tried the DS-260 form but I do not understand the starting page. They ask for my case number. That's ok. But what is my Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number? Is that the same as my case number?
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Good morning! After 30 years of trying I am now randomly selected for DV 2021. I tried the DS-260 form but I do not understand the starting page. They ask for my case number. That's ok. But what is my Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number? Is that the same as my case number?
Thanks for the help!
Your case number is on your selection letter. It will start with the two letters of your region (AF, AS, EU, OC or SA)

Congratulations on persisting so long and finally getting selected! You must have started right at the first one!

Thanks for the help!

Congratulations! We've been selected too here through my wife, after 20 years of trying! 8 years as single and 12 years two of us. Patience and Persistence are the 2 keys

Thanks for the help!

Amazing 30 years. This was your lucky year no doubt and hope you get that visa approved.

Hello, my child was selected for DV2021. CN# AS00005xxx.

Current status is F1 visa, finishing Freshman year.

My concern is if they opt for AOS (california center) and adjudication is not done by 30th September, (or denied) will the child have to leave US or can they fall back on F1 and continue studying on a legal status.

If they can fall back on F1 as a valid status, does any application need to be filed?

Thnx

Hi again, thank you everyone who's helping with providing informations, this is helping a lot !
So as i said i have a # of AF54XXX which is, i believe pretty high, so my question is : when should i send my DS260 ? I dont wanna send an immigration demand if there is high chances that i dont even get called for the interview, but also i dont wanna risk anything if i dont send it at the right time.
So, should i just wait and check for the bulletins and see how fast they are processing ? Or should i send it now ?
Thank you !

Thanks for the help!

Congrats on selection! I believe you are floating above the ground from happiness and feeling like you have superpowers now :) Best wishes to you and your future life in America!

Hi again, thank you everyone who's helping with providing informations, this is helping a lot !
So as i said i have a # of AF54XXX which is, i believe pretty high, so my question is : when should i send my DS260 ? I dont wanna send an immigration demand if there is high chances that i dont even get called for the interview, but also i dont wanna risk anything if i dont send it at the right time.
So, should i just wait and check for the bulletins and see how fast they are processing ? Or should i send it now ?
Thank you !

Congrats on your selection! No need to rush things and send your DS-260 now. You have plenty of time. Be super careful when filling out the form.

I don't know if your number is high or not but I believe you should send your DS-260 anyway, even if they don't call you for interview, because in case of your future selection (with low case number in next years) they might consider you unserious for playing, getting selected and not sending your application for further processing. I know this happened to somebody earlier. But ask some other well know members who are more experienced with immigration details to confirm this.

Hi everybody,
I'm an old - new member as I was selected before and wasn't able to go on for some family reasons.
This year, my wife has just been selected (not me) for further processing. I'm so happy (a second time while others are in their 30th trying).
The case number is 2021AF0006xxxx.
I'm just wondering about the high case number if it can influence the visa issuance ?
Thank you everyone and congratulations for selectees and best chance for others...

2021AS00026XXX selected on the 3rd attempt here - celebrating and all over the moon over this weekend :)

Need some help with a couple of questions

1. When I submitted my DV 2021 application last year, I was living in the Netherlands and so my result notification says post as 'Amsterdam'. I am currently working on a H1B in the US - will this cause a problem for me?

2. Which is the recommended way to get the green card the fastest - through AOS or through consular processing?

1. Not a problem. You now have the option of processing AOS or CP.
2. Each process option has its own ups and downs, I recommend you go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet - this spreadsheet has some of the pros and cons of each process listed - then decide on your own which process is for you.

Hello guys
A friend of mine has been selected for the visa diversity lottery. I only have one question: On the electronic entry form he mistakenly wrote a "nickname" as his middle name, despite him having no middle name (say his first name is Jonathan and last name Smith, he wrote Jonathan as his first name, "Johnny" as his middle name, and Smith as his last name).
Is this a grave mistake? If he files the middle name correctly on the DS-260 form, will there be any problem?
Thanks in advance guys.

This “friend” must be very specially considering you opened an account to ask this question on their behalf.

Anyway, that is a silly mistake for your friend to have made IMO. Assuming that middle name wasn’t listed in an attempt to submit multiple entries (with the middle name used to distinguish between them), my guess is your friend should be okay by listing “Johnny” in the “Other Names” section of his DS260 form. The middle name section should be left blank.

Hello, my child was selected for DV2021. CN# AS00005xxx.

Current status is F1 visa, finishing Freshman year.

My concern is if they opt for AOS (california center) and adjudication is not done by 30th September, (or denied) will the child have to leave US or can they fall back on F1 and continue studying on a legal status.

If they can fall back on F1 as a valid status, does any application need to be filed?

Thnx

Congratulations on your child’s DV selection.

If your child decides to process AOS, they should make sure they continue to maintain their F1 status, to ensure they have a fall back status in case their AOS request gets denied or is not approved by the end of the FY. As long as the F1 status is being maintained throughout the AOS process, they wouldn’t have to leave the US if the AOS is not successful. No new application has to be filed in that case.

There’s a DV2021 AOS thread created solely for selectees processing AOS. You’re encouraged to go through the first post on that thread and post subsequent AOS related questions there.

Thank you !

You should be safe waiting until December 2020/January 2021 before sending in your DS260 form. We will have a better idea of the VB and CN progression by then.

I don't know if your number is high or not but I believe you should send your DS-260 anyway, even if they don't call you for interview, because in case of your future selection (with low case number in next years) they might consider you unserious for playing, getting selected and not sending your application for further processing. I know this happened to somebody earlier. But ask some other well know members who are more experienced with immigration details to confirm this.

Selectees do not get penalized for not following up on previously selection. This is not true! Whoever told you they got penalized for not following up on a previous selection lied to you, they did not tell you the real reason for their denial (I’m assuming the person got denied).