• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

No, on the confirmation page only the year of birth is listed. If you entered wrong information on the registration page I think you are disqualified.
It is very tight now and i think it will go to disqualify.

Even if you can't process ds260 you won't get an interview anyway

People have correct minor issues like this before - as long as there are no fraud concerns it should be OK. Some embassies are more likely to deny because of high fraud levels in those countries - Ghana is one such example.

The name section is Ds 260 asks for
'Other surnames used(Maiden, religious,professional,aliases, etc.)
Other given names used'
You better enter it here as it was mentioned on your birth certificate. You can clarify in your interview that you haven't used it since birth.
I say this because an honest and truthful approach feels best.
Also please take Brit Simon's opinion as he has lots of experience and knows better than any of us.

Hi ALL,
I have a family member of mine who is the winner. Unfortunately he can not login to the DS-260 form due to the problem with birthday. Apparently, he has made a mistake when registering on month or day (Year is correct). So he tried to enter many possible months and days until the DS-260 submit form changed its error message from "Information does not match..." to this :
The Case Number entered is currently unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.
its looks like the kinda blocked his case number...
We contacted the KCC and because they ask for the applicant's information first and he does not know what he has entered during the DV registration, KCC says that the birthday he is providing does not match the records and hence, they can not help or tell him what is correct birthday. We are kind of stuck in dead end here....
I am wondering if there is any possible workaround for this situation that exprecied members of the forum are aware of?
sad to hear dear.. if u can ckeck with brit simson? bydw from which country are u?

Hello,

I'm about to fill out the ds260 form. I got married since the original entry. So I will add my spouse as an applicant. Do I have to fill out my form first and then his? Or we can start with his form and then mine?

Thank you for your help!

Are the 50k annual DVs for the main selectees only (DV1) or including dependents as well (DV 2 and 3)? if DV1, 2, and 3 are all count towards the 50k then if one selectee added a new applicant (e.g. a new spouse), this will reduce the chances of selectees with high CN, isn't it?

Are the 50k annual DVs for the main selectees only (DV1) or including dependents as well (DV 2 and 3)? if DV1, 2, and 3 are all count towards the 50k then if one selectee added a new applicant (e.g. a new spouse), this will reduce the chances of selectees with high CN, isn't it?

It’s 55k, and yes it includes all visas including derivatives issued under the DV program. They expect a certain amount of added family members and take that into account when doing the selection, just as they do the fact that some people don’t follow their selection and others get disqualified. As you know DV is always overselected anyway, to a greater or lesser extent.

Hello,

I'm about to fill out the ds260 form. I got married since the original entry. So I will add my spouse as an applicant. Do I have to fill out my form first and then his? Or we can start with his form and then mine?

Thank you for your help!

Main selectee’s form always comes first.

Main selectee’s form always comes first.

Thanks mom for the quick reply.

I started filling out my form. When finished, I save my form and then I click on the "Add applicant" button?

it may seem silly but I don't want to submit the application by mistake.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Thanks mom for the quick reply.

I started filling out my form. When finished, I save my form and then I click on the "Add applicant" button?

it may seem silly but I don't want to submit the application by mistake.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Yes that is correct.

Again, thanks mom for your help!

I have an MBA (5 years after the high school). What do I put in "Highest Level of Education Completed" : ADVANCED DEGREE or UNIVERSITY DEGREE?

Big thanks!

There has been news that Trump wants to issue another EO for propose a merit based immigration system that includes DACA in the next few weeks. I'm curious if he has the power to enforce such a policy? Logically speaking it should have to go through Congress.

There has been news that Trump wants to issue another EO for propose a merit based immigration system that includes DACA in the next few weeks. I'm curious if he has the power to enforce such a policy? Logically speaking it should have to go through Congress.
Trump is doing everything possible to end the visa lottery .

Trump is doing everything possible to end the visa lottery .
Apparently this will affect the immigration process as a whole, not just the lottery. That's not my point though. I want to know if he has the power to do that.

could you please give me a link to that news?

Apparently this will affect the immigration process as a whole, not just the lottery. That's not my point though. I want to know if he has the power to do that.
could you please give me a link to that news?
Please don’t clutter the thread with speculation especially about a topic that does not affect DV2021. If and when an EO comes out there is another thread to deal with it.

Hey guys, i am a DV2021 selectee, with case EU32XXX. I am reading to your comments that most of you is filling their DS-260. Till now I have not done anything. What should I do, or what steps to follow? This topic goes so fast and is not clear to me. Thank you! Really Appreciate your replies.

Hey guys, i am a DV2021 selectee, with case EU32XXX. I am reading to your comments that most of you is filling their DS-260. Till now I have not done anything. What should I do, or what steps to follow? This topic goes so fast and is not clear to me. Thank you! Really Appreciate your replies.
fill your DS 260 and submit it
and then wait for KCC to email you for further requested information

Before you do anything you should understand the process you are about to start - please go read Simon's blog and familiarize yourself, there are implications to filling in your DS-260
http://britsimonsays.com/