• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Congratulations everyone!

Myself and my husband submitted for the very first time...and we were both selected! He has a EU00022XXX number and for myself AS00029XXX. We couldn't believe that both of us were selected under different zones. What should we do now??? Should we submit the DS-260 twice for each one us??? there are no instructions for our special situation. I couldn't find any information about what we should do in such case.
Wow! That's great! My number is AS00029XXX too. I'm filing from Saudi Arabia and you?

Hi All,

Excited to be part of this group. I haven't recovered from the surprise I got this morning. I have got a case number 2021AS00020xxx with country of birth Oman, permanent resident in Canada. Wishing everyone the very best. Trying to get my head around what needs to be done.

So far from researching stuff online, I have understood that the DS-260 needs to be filled for each applicant(primary and dependant). Since my daughter is a US citizen, I will not be entering an application for her(though I'll be mentioning her in the DS-260).

The next step, I believe is getting the supporting documents ready for upload which include birth certificate(and its translation), police certificate, passport.

Once the application and documents are processed, an interview will be scheduled at nearest Embassy/Consulate. Complete medical examination prior to interview and arrange/prepare all original documents and(or) copies of supporting documents.

Hope all of this is right.

Cheers.
Congratulations!
Please keep updating on the ASIA selectee thread too.
Thank you.

My wife and I entered for the first time this year and I’ve been selected for further processing! Case number 2021AS00029XXX.

Anyone have any idea what our chances are with a case number in this range?
Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for the rest of the process too.. Do join us on the Asia selectees page.

Hi ALL,
I have a family member of mine who is the winner. Unfortunately he can not login to the DS-260 form due to the problem with birthday. Apparently, he has made a mistake when registering on month or day (Year is correct). So he tried to enter many possible months and days until the DS-260 submit form changed its error message from "Information does not match..." to this :
The Case Number entered is currently unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.
its looks like the kinda blocked his case number...
We contacted the KCC and because they ask for the applicant's information first and he does not know what he has entered during the DV registration, KCC says that the birthday he is providing does not match the records and hence, they can not help or tell him what is correct birthday. We are kind of stuck in dead end here....
I am wondering if there is any possible workaround for this situation that exprecied members of the forum are aware of?

When he finished the DV lottery format, on the confirmation page isn't there the birthday date he used ?
No, on the confirmation page only the year of birth is listed. If you entered wrong information on the registration page I think you are disqualified.

No, on the confirmation page only the year of birth is listed. If you entered wrong information on the registration page I think you are disqualified.
It is very tight now and i think it will go to disqualify.

Even if you can't process ds260 you won't get an interview anyway

Hello, I'm a DV2021 winner my case number is EU22XXX
I had the same problem, I made a mistake with birthday month when I was registering for DV loterry instead of 11(november) I have written 1(january) but I managed to login into DS260 form and submited it with my correct birthday date.
Is it going to be a big a problem and will it lead to a disqualification or can I reach to interview?
I'm little worried about it.
THANK YOU

Last edited:
Hello, I'm a DV2021 winner my case number is EU22XXX
I had the same problem, I made a mistake with birthday month when I was registering for DV loterry instead of 11(november) I have written 1(january) but I managed to login into DS260 form and submited it with my correct birthday date.
Is it going to be a big a problem and will it lead to a disqualification or can I reach to interview?
I'm little worried about it.
THANK YOU
Well there is no guarantee on anything and i believe depends on the interview officer, if he/she believed it is an honest mistake they can pass it on.

But what I've heard and since last 2 years it became very much tight and they can disqualify any application on any simple mistake or missing documents

On my DV entry, I listed my middle name as I've always used it, matching my passport and US social security card. However, I just realized that my birth certificate lists an extra middle name in addition to that one. Is this a problem?

Shouldn't be a problem, but you should add it to the space alloted to other given names.

Which form are you talking about? The DS-260 says given names are "first name and any middle names that is listed on your passport or travel documentation". Since this name is not listed there, I presumably shouldn't include it in that box? The I-485 has a box for "middle name" (singular) and then a separate section for "Other Names You Have Used Since Birth (if applicable)". I have never used this name since birth and it's not part of my family name.

I would call it a religious name, because it's the name of a Catholic saint that doesn't even match my gender. This is a common Catholic thing in my country, and no one actually uses it. But I don't know if they have a specific technical definition of what a religious name is?

Which form are you talking about? The DS-260 says given names are "first name and any middle names that is listed on your passport or travel documentation". Since this name is not listed there, I presumably shouldn't include it in that box? The I-485 has a box for "middle name" (singular) and then a separate section for "Other Names You Have Used Since Birth (if applicable)". I have never used this name since birth and it's not part of my family name.

I would call it a religious name, because it's the name of a Catholic saint that doesn't even match my gender. This is a common Catholic thing in my country, and no one actually uses it. But I don't know if they have a specific technical definition of what a religious name is?
Your birth certificate was issued after your birth, and it’s on there, so list it in the “other names used”.

The name is listed on your birth certificate, therefore it is considered “used” even if no one ever called you by that name. So list it on the other names section both on your DS260 and I-485

Hi ALL,
I have a family member of mine who is the winner. Unfortunately he can not login to the DS-260 form due to the problem with birthday. Apparently, he has made a mistake when registering on month or day (Year is correct). So he tried to enter many possible months and days until the DS-260 submit form changed its error message from "Information does not match..." to this :
The Case Number entered is currently unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.
its looks like the kinda blocked his case number...
We contacted the KCC and because they ask for the applicant's information first and he does not know what he has entered during the DV registration, KCC says that the birthday he is providing does not match the records and hence, they can not help or tell him what is correct birthday. We are kind of stuck in dead end here....
I am wondering if there is any possible workaround for this situation that exprecied members of the forum are aware of?

I already answered this for your family member. He/she will have to try every day of the year.