• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

HI,
Has anyone filled the DS-5540 form ? Is it compulsory to DV2020 cases to fill DS-5540 along with the affidavit support I-134?
Please share your experience here in terms of Health/Income (how to avoid public charger measurements-FPG )/Education

HI,
Has anyone filled the DS-5540 form ? Is it compulsory to DV2020 cases to fill DS-5540 along with the affidavit support I-134?
Please share your experience here in terms of Health/Income (how to avoid public charger measurements-FPG )/Education

Yes. There are a few days left to process DV20. Take ALL relevant documents to your interview. This includes a completed DS-5540. Some documents may not be requested by the CO, but you don’t want to risk being placed on AP.

do we have to attest documets from foreign minstry ..all civil documents ? Do embassy requesting them? or just the original and translation would do ?
pl clarify......????

do we have to attest documets from foreign minstry ..all civil documents ? Do embassy requesting them? or just the original and translation would do ?
pl clarify......????

No need.

Go to "Registrar General" Office at Battaramulla. From that place you can get a Certified Copy of the Birth Certificate and a English Translation. Both will cost you less than Rs. 500/-. Certified Copy of the Birth Certificate you can get within 2-3 hours, translation you can get on the next day. This is more official and more authenticated.

The reciprocity page for Sri Lanka is here: travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SriLanka.html

- Scan the bio data page of your passport (no translation needed),
- Get the birth certificates from the relevant District Secretariat offices with the signature and the seal of the additional district registrar,
- Then get birth certificates translated by a sworn translator appointed by the Ministry of Justice,
- Get the police clearance online from eservices.police.lk/ClearanceCertificate/home.action. You will get the printed copy by post in 3 weeks.

That's all you need unless you have served in the military or have been sentenced for a crime ;). Scan and send them all.

Last edited:
Has anyone get email from embassy ( like a 2NL ) I emailed yesterday olso KCC and local embassy .But I have received only autoreply .My CN is 23××× Dont have more time for processing DV cases .
I think I will lost my chance without any information from kcc and embassy .

Has anyone get email from embassy ( like a 2NL ) I emailed yesterday olso KCC and local embassy .But I have received only autoreply .My CN is 23××× Dont have more time for processing DV cases .
I think I will lost my chance without any information from kcc and embassy .
You better call them. Theres no time to wait for replies.