• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

I emailed to Kcc and embassy .but they sent me common emails .still dindnt get any good news about my interview ..without appointment letter should I take a medical ?

I emailed to Kcc and embassy .but they sent me common emails .still dindnt get any good news about my interview ..without appointment letter should I take a medical ?
Today i called the hospital, they said that unless you have an appoint letter , they do not proceed with any examination.

Anyone having a correct contact number for US Embassy in Sri Lanka regarding this? Even though I have sent an email to them, I tried to call the numbers from the official website. But I couldn't get to an agent.

Update: I have contacted one of the agents from their general line and the experience wasn't that good. I told my interview was scheduled in April and due to the situation, it has postponed. But since DoS has published a notice to the public that interviews are going to start, I'm calling to get the information and proceedings regarding that. She quickly said they have not started interviews, if they start, an officer will give a call. And then she disconnected the line. Not sure what's next? :confused:

I
Anybody got a positive reply from embassy ? So far their social media is showing nothing regarding visa issuance.
I called to embassy today .They toald me they have not any informations about DV cases from US.So they cant give any appointment for us.

The embassy of sri lanka still not start to issue visas.

Point them to the DoS website and their official update on DV2020. Its been out since 8th and there is no excuses. Record the conversations if possible and send them all to Charles Kuck or Greg Siskind, so that they can present these to the judge on 25th. Lot of embassies has started to process DV and schedule interviews. Considering that the US embassy in SL has been opened for months and there is absolutely no threat from corona virus, they should at least take some effort to process some DV cases. They are surely not making 'good faith' efforts. Keep pushing them, they have no right to say no.

Point them to the DoS website and their official update on DV2020. Its been out since 8th and there is no excuses. Record the conversations if possible and send them all to Charles Kuck or Greg Siskind, so that they can present these to the judge on 25th. Lot of embassies has started to process DV and schedule interviews. Considering that the US embassy in SL has been opened for months and there is absolutely no threat from corona virus, they should at least take some effort to process some DV cases. They are surely not making 'good faith' efforts. Keep pushing them, they have no right to say no.
the same answer for the all, me too got the same answer saying that they have not been instructed clearly by DOS. I called the hospital again and check the possibility of carry on the medical examinations even without having an interview appointment . They said me that embassy has advice them to carry on the examination even without an appointment (reschedule). So i made an appointment . i will loss only rs 25000.00 if the embassy will not give me an appointment.

the same answer for the all, me too got the same answer saying that they have not been instructed clearly by DOS. I called the hospital again and check the possibility of carry on the medical examinations even without having an interview appointment . They said me that embassy has advice them to carry on the examination even without an appointment (reschedule). So i made an appointment . i will loss only rs 25000.00 if the embassy will not give me an appointment.
I have heard that DoS updated all the consulates through a webinar. Also cables should have been sent and all of them should have updated information by now. Its clearly not an excuse. But the embassy instructing to carry on medical examinations is a positive sign. Keep pushing them they will eventually give a positive answer.
ck.jpg

Today I emailed to local embassy .It said they give appointments for first for which Brit said 1,2,3 categories .After did them , they will be give to schedule for others ( 4,5).

Today I emailed to local embassy .It said they give appointments for first for which Brit said 1,2,3 categories .After did them , they will be give to schedule for others ( 4,5).
Did you call them?. i called them in the morning and they noted my name /case number and contact number promising call me back about the interview status but didn't . Seems they dragging the time till the expiry date arrive . Here i have attached reply from the embassy to my mail inqury . seems its automatic reply

Attachments

• ReplyfromEmbassy_SriLanka.pdf
    744.8 KB · Views: 25
Did you call them?. i called them in the morning and they noted my name /case number and contact number promising call me back about the interview status but didn't . Seems they dragging the time till the expiry date arrive . Here i have attached reply from the embassy to my mail inqury . seems its automatic reply
I didnt call today.I will call tomorrow .I have received email like this.whts your CN ?
Mine 23×××