• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Hi I’m OC13xx from Fiji as well. I have been scheduled for early March interview..... can’t wait for my interview......have to wait for another month... I have prepared all my documents even the medical report is with me....
Just remember that your visa will be issued with 6 months validity dated form your medical, so if you have already completed your medical and you are at least a month away from your interview you are reducing the time your visa is valid for - that said, this isnt an issue if you are planning on making your activation trip ASAP

Hi I’m OC13xx from Fiji as well. I have been scheduled for early March interview..... can’t wait for my interview......have to wait for another month... I have prepared all my documents even the medical report is with me....
Hi Sam,

congratulation to you .

Hope that you will share us your experience during the interview.

Best of Luck and God Bless.

Just remember that your visa will be issued with 6 months validity dated form your medical, so if you have already completed your medical and you are at least a month away from your interview you are reducing the time your visa is valid for - that said, this isnt an issue if you are planning on making your activation trip ASAP

Yes I am planning to depart before May end this year... so I’m fine with the timeframe.

Congrats Samron.
They will be processing up to 1650 in March 2020 . Great jump which makes it hopefully easy and lucky for people to become current who are in the 2000s.
Where did you get your medical done by the way?

Yes I am planning to depart before May end this year... so I’m fine with the timeframe.

Hi Aidyn, you mentioned Activation Trip, does this mean once you are processed at a POE , one can actually return to the home country and continue studies for example? For some reason i thought there were restrictions on the DV1 Category . its good to know if the activation trip works so i can continue my university program here in fIJI .

Hi Aidyn, you mentioned Activation Trip, does this mean once you are processed at a POE , one can actually return to the home country and continue studies for example? For some reason i thought there were restrictions on the DV1 Category . its good to know if the activation trip works so i can continue my university program here in fIJI .
Not for too long. Longer than a year out and you are deemed to have abandoned your green card. Longer than 6 months affects when you can apply for naturalization.
some useful links for you
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-a-permanent-resident
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf

Hi everyone. I have a question about Police Certificates.

My wife spent about 11 months in Nepal in 2012. (I am the applicant)
On the travel.state.gov website under which Police Certs are required it states: "any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months"

But then on the Document Checklist the section reads: "List below all countries you have resided in for 6 months or more since reaching the age of 16 (excluding Australia)" and then has an area to insert location and dates.

Whilst being over-prepared seems the way to go, applying for a Police Cert from Nepal when you're not in the country is incredibly difficult.

So the question - is the travel.state.gov website displaying the accurate information and we don't need a Cert from Nepal? (In which case the Doc Checklist is just requiring information). Or do we need a Cert?

Obviously we will have Certs from Australia as well.

Hi everyone. I have a question about Police Certificates.

My wife spent about 11 months in Nepal in 2012. (I am the applicant)
On the travel.state.gov website under which Police Certs are required it states: "any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months"

But then on the Document Checklist the section reads: "List below all countries you have resided in for 6 months or more since reaching the age of 16 (excluding Australia)" and then has an area to insert location and dates.

Whilst being over-prepared seems the way to go, applying for a Police Cert from Nepal when you're not in the country is incredibly difficult.

So the question - is the travel.state.gov website displaying the accurate information and we don't need a Cert from Nepal? (In which case the Doc Checklist is just requiring information). Or do we need a Cert?

Obviously we will have Certs from Australia as well.

Technically, you don’t need a certificate from Nepal. In practice, we have occasionally (underline occasionally) seen embassies ask for certficates in cases where it was almost-but-not-quite a year. The abundance of caution approach would say get one, but if it’s a hassle as it seems to be, you may want to take your chances with the letter of the law. Worst case you will get put on AP. Obviously, the closer to the end of the FY your interview is, the less attractive this option is.

(the checklist may ask for 6 months because for the current country of residence, 6 months is indeed the cutoff to get a police certificate. )

Technically, you don’t need a certificate from Nepal. In practice, we have occasionally (underline occasionally) seen embassies ask for certficates in cases where it was almost-but-not-quite a year. The abundance of caution approach would say get one, but if it’s a hassle as it seems to be, you may want to take your chances with the letter of the law. Worst case you will get put on AP. Obviously, the closer to the end of the FY your interview is, the less attractive this option is.

(the checklist may ask for 6 months because for the current country of residence, 6 months is indeed the cutoff to get a police certificate. )

Thanks SusieQQQ. I've just discovered the specific dates were Jan 10 until December 22 which is shy of a full 12 months by 19 days so on the form it will read JAN 2012 until DEC 2012 which sort of looks like a full year. Would that change your response at all?

I've also seen on the required documents email it says: "If you cannot obtain a particular document, send an explanation of why you cannot obtain the document, as an attachment in .jpeg or .pdf format, to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, with your case number in the subject line." So it might be worth us doing that to explain the near impossibility of collecting the document.

Thanks SusieQQQ. I've just discovered the specific dates were Jan 10 until December 22 which is shy of a full 12 months by 19 days so on the form it will read JAN 2012 until DEC 2012 which sort of looks like a full year. Would that change your response at all?

I've also seen on the required documents email it says: "If you cannot obtain a particular document, send an explanation of why you cannot obtain the document, as an attachment in .jpeg or .pdf format, to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, with your case number in the subject line." So it might be worth us doing that to explain the near impossibility of collecting the document.

regarding the availability or not, you need to go by the official DoS reciprocity website. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Nepal.html For Nepal it is tricky because while it says those abroad need to get someome in the country to get it for them, it lists them as available and there are no exceptions. So if they decide you need one, you have to produce it. Are there possibly agencies in Nepal who do this for foreigners residing abroad? Honestly - if it were me in your shoes, I’d get it. If the cost is high or it’s really a hassle, you may want to try leave it but get your ducks in a row so that if CO says it’s needed you can set it in motion quickly.

I agree with @SusieQQQ .. it's best to be over prepared and as you have already pointed out, you are 19 days shy of the full 1 year. I'd rather not argue semantics with a CO at my interview. Being "a bit of a hassle" to get the PCC is no excuse to not get one.

Hello All

Just to update you all that I Received email from SUV embassy confirming my interview date and time. They have also listed down the documents that are needed for the interview. I have already got all relevant docs plus additional which are not even listed by reading the blogs. Now just have to wait for the interview... 4 weeks left.............can’t wait

Hello All

Just to update you all that I Received email from SUV embassy confirming my interview date and time. They have also listed down the documents that are needed for the interview. I have already got all relevant docs plus additional which are not even listed by reading the blogs. Now just have to wait for the interview... 4 weeks left.............can’t wait
What were the additional documents?

Sponsorship documents were not listed but I am taking it ... thanks to reading this blog...
they didn’t even request for any financial documents. I have prepared all documentation.
will update after interview on how it went....

Hi everyone, just wondering about health insurance, do you get asked about health insurance at the interview? Do you need to have it already? Or prove any research you’ve done to get it?

Hi everyone! We (family of four from Auckland) had our interview today and were accepted!! So excited!! (And nervous!)
We were asked:
1. What we had been doing for work
2. (To the kids) whether they were excited to move and go to school in America
3. Where we were going to move to
4. Did we realise how cold Minnesota is
Just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum for your support, especially @Britsimon I’ve been evangelical about your blog and videos.
Good luck everyone else!!!