• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Hey folks just got approved in the interview earlier in the week (woo!), so thanks to everyone who helps out on this forum.

Was wondering though:

1. What experiences have people had recently for green card wait times from point of entry to delivery? From what I read, it's now around a month, quicker than previous years. Is this more or less accurate?

2. Do you need to sign for the package upon delivery, or is it just left in the mailbox? I understand people may have had different experiences in regards to this; I am curious because I may be travelling around a bit whilst waiting for it.

3. What did people do whilst waiting for their GC and SSN? What CAN'T you do while you don't have these things yet? I want to be productive during this time so I would be interested to hear what people got the ball rolling on (i.e. driver's licence, line of credit, job, etc)

Thanks guys :)

Hey folks just got approved in the interview earlier in the week (woo!), so thanks to everyone who helps out on this forum.

Was wondering though:

1. What experiences have people had recently for green card wait times from point of entry to delivery? From what I read, it's now around a month, quicker than previous years. Is this more or less accurate?

2. Do you need to sign for the package upon delivery, or is it just left in the mailbox? I understand people may have had different experiences in regards to this; I am curious because I may be travelling around a bit whilst waiting for it.

3. What did people do whilst waiting for their GC and SSN? What CAN'T you do while you don't have these things yet? I want to be productive during this time so I would be interested to hear what people got the ball rolling on (i.e. driver's licence, line of credit, job, etc)

Thanks guys :)
Congrats!!

1 - It took about 2 weeks for the SSN and a month for the Green Card. This was in April last year
2 - I did not have to sign for either, both arrived in the mailbox
3a - You can start applying for jobs as the sticker in your passport acts as a temporary green card, but be warned many employers/recruitment agencies don't really know that and you may get pushback.
3b - I think I opened my bank account with just using my passport but it wasn't as easy as it could have been if I had waited for my GC and SSN.
3c - Drivers Licences depend on what state you are moving to, Washington State requires SSN and proof of residency (lease agreement, utility bill etc) I used my SSN without removing it from the page it is attached to

Am still waiting after 5 weeks. They have 120 days to send it to you.

Any idea if we have to send I-134 and banks statement/assets paperwork prior 1 or 2 weeks before the interview at Auckland embassy?

hello sir iam dv lotery winer from iraq ehe embacy of iraq cloused i want change location interview
we are a qruop of winer we can not do any thing
how to transfer our case we call kcc about transfer our case \
kcc tell us you cant change interview location

hello sir iam dv lotery winer from iraq ehe embacy of iraq cloused i want change location interview
we are a qruop of winer we can not do any thing
how to transfer our case we call kcc about transfer our case \
kcc tell us you cant change interview location

Firstly, you're in the wrong thread, but....your interview location will be changed by KCC:

From the US Embassy Baghdad website - https://iq.usembassy.gov/visas/

The National Visa Center will reassign all immigrant visa, refugee follow-to-join, and asylee follow-to-join applications that were originally destined for U.S. Embassy Baghdad to U.S. Embassies Ankara, Abu Dhabi, or Doha. The Kentucky Consular Center will reassign all diversity visa and fiancé(e) visa applications that were originally destined for U.S. Embassy Baghdad to U.S. Embassies Ankara, Abu Dhabi, or Doha. Inquiries regarding case reassignments may be sent to the National Visa Center via https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

Congrats!!

1 - It took about 2 weeks for the SSN and a month for the Green Card. This was in April last year
2 - I did not have to sign for either, both arrived in the mailbox
3a - You can start applying for jobs as the sticker in your passport acts as a temporary green card, but be warned many employers/recruitment agencies don't really know that and you may get pushback.
3b - I think I opened my bank account with just using my passport but it wasn't as easy as it could have been if I had waited for my GC and SSN.
3c - Drivers Licences depend on what state you are moving to, Washington State requires SSN and proof of residency (lease agreement, utility bill etc) I used my SSN without removing it from the page it is attached to

Thanks once again Aidyn :)

This is valuable information for me as I really had trouble finding anything on this

Firstly, you're in the wrong thread, but....your interview location will be changed by KCC:

From the US Embassy Baghdad website - https://iq.usembassy.gov/visas/

The National Visa Center will reassign all immigrant visa, refugee follow-to-join, and asylee follow-to-join applications that were originally destined for U.S. Embassy Baghdad to U.S. Embassies Ankara, Abu Dhabi, or Doha. The Kentucky Consular Center will reassign all diversity visa and fiancé(e) visa applications that were originally destined for U.S. Embassy Baghdad to U.S. Embassies Ankara, Abu Dhabi, or Doha. Inquiries regarding case reassignments may be sent to the National Visa Center via https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

this was answered in another thread, but just to clarify to the poster who asked the question, that the last bolded line about reassignment is not relevant to kCC/diversity visa cases. NVC does not deal with those.

Hey all was wondering if I need to email KCC or wait and be more patient! My CN became current for the April bulletin I submitted my documents back in July and received the email that they were all good and to wait for my interview to be scheduled. So wait till the end of the month then email?? Cheers

Hey all was wondering if I need to email KCC or wait and be more patient! My CN became current for the April bulletin I submitted my documents back in July and received the email that they were all good and to wait for my interview to be scheduled. So wait till the end of the month then email?? Cheers

Yeah wait till month end. Still plenty of time for it to come through. Remember to also check junk mail.

Hi all, I understand that as the principal applicant I must enter the US before or at the same time as my family members but can someone please advise if I enter the US first, do I need to be present when my wife and children activate their visas? They are scheduled to arrive two weeks after my trip. Thanks.

Hi all, I understand that as the principal applicant I must enter the US before or at the same time as my family members but can someone please advise if I enter the US first, do I need to be present when my wife and children activate their visas? They are scheduled to arrive two weeks after my trip. Thanks.

Your presence is not required with your wife and kids if you’ve already entered the US ahead of them as the main selectee.

Got my interview scheduled for end of April today yay! just want to say thanks to everyone for all their help to get me this far Cheers

Hi guys . Congratulations to everyone who got their 2nd NL. Now just a quick question in regards to collecting academic transcripts and certificates: does one has to make copies of each and every class/ year report for example from Year one to year 12 or just the government external exams. For those from Fiji, you would know what I am talking about . I’ve made a copy my my intermediate exam results, FIJI eighth year examination , Fiji Junior Examination and my Fiji School Leaving Certificate and also my USP uni foundation transcripts . Anyone from Fiji who already has had their interviews ?

Hi guys . Congratulations to everyone who got their 2nd NL. Now just a quick question in regards to collecting academic transcripts and certificates: does one has to make copies of each and every class/ year report for example from Year one to year 12 or just the government external exams. For those from Fiji, you would know what I am talking about . I’ve made a copy my my intermediate exam results, FIJI eighth year examination , Fiji Junior Examination and my Fiji School Leaving Certificate and also my USP uni foundation transcripts . Anyone from Fiji who already has had their interviews ?

regardless of country, you just need whatever proves you have graduated high school, not everything else along the way. (For you that sounds like the school leavong certificate but Fijians will clarify)

regardless of country, you just need whatever proves you have graduated high school, not everything else along the way. (For you that sounds like the school leavong certificate but Fijians will clarify)
Thanks Susie. Yeah School Leaving is equivalent to HSC( YR12) in Australia .