• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a timeline for receiving visa back in passport via mail from Sydney embassy? Is it normal to receive back in a day or two after interview?
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a timeline for receiving visa back in passport via mail from Sydney embassy? Is it normal to receive back in a day or two after interview?
Thanks in advance.
It can be anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks.
I got mine back 3 days after the interview, others that interviewed on the same day took 3 weeks to get back.

Hi everyone, I just received confirmation of my interview for late April!

Just preparing for the interview, and note that there are two approved physicians in NSW for the medical exam. Should I just make an appointment with whichever physician can schedule me in or is one physician better than the other?

Hi everyone, I just received confirmation of my interview for late April!

Just preparing for the interview, and note that there are two approved physicians in NSW for the medical exam. Should I just make an appointment with whichever physician can schedule me in or is one physician better than the other?
You can go with either. We saw Dr Rappaport and she was lovely!

It can be anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks.
I got mine back 3 days after the interview, others that interviewed on the same day took 3 weeks to get back.
Thanks for the response. I wonder if the other people went into AP and that's why it took so much longer than yours?

Thanks for the response. I wonder if the other people went into AP and that's why it took so much longer than yours?
They were advised they were approved at the interview, and their CEAC info showed "ready" the whole time. It is quite possible there were some background checks they were completing that were unknown to her.

Regardless of that, I have seen others say the same thing, some people get them back in a few days while others take a couple of weeks - all of them being told they were approved in the interview. Best advise is don't book any travel and/or plans until you have that passport in your hot little hands!

They were advised they were approved at the interview, and their CEAC info showed "ready" the whole time. It is quite possible there were some background checks they were completing that were unknown to her.

Regardless of that, I have seen others say the same thing, some people get them back in a few days while others take a couple of weeks - all of them being told they were approved in the interview. Best advise is don't book any travel and/or plans until you have that passport in your hot little hands!
Thanks for the information, it's good to know!
I am travelling back to Australia for my interview which is on 28th April and have a flight booked back to LA for 4th May as I have to be back at work. Fingers crossed I am one of the lucky ones and it all works out and I wont need to change flights.
Thanks again!

Thanks for the information, it's good to know!
I am travelling back to Australia for my interview which is on 28th April and have a flight booked back to LA for 4th May as I have to be back at work. Fingers crossed I am one of the lucky ones and it all works out and I wont need to change flights.
Thanks again!

That’s 3 working days to get your passport back - 4 if you’re flying in the evening of the 4th - seems a bit tight to me tbh. Hope you are one of the quick ones!

Last edited:
That’s 3 working days to get your passport back - 4 if you’re flying in the evening of the 4th - seems a bit tight to me tbh. Hope you are one of the quick ones!
I know. Fingers crossed otherwise worst case I'll change flights I guess.

Hi All

just wanted to update on my interview process.

I have from Fiji. Interview was scheduled for today 04.03.2020 at 8.00am. Went to the embassy early morning but was only allowed to line up at 7.40am. Was first to enter the security check but was told to go back out and wait until it is sharp 8.00am as my visa was for immigrant. At around 8.05am was informed to go through security checks. Went inside the building and security gave me a ticket and told us to wait until number is called. I waited for 40 minutes and finally was called by one lady who requested for all documents. Original And a copy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, all qualification and academic transcript, 2 passport size photo, DS confirmation page, document delivery confirmation, passports, medical report. Then she took my finger prints and informed me to pay $726.00 fjd *2 at the cashier while she took my wife’s finger prints. Came back and returned the receipt to the lady and was told to sit and wait.
Was called by the interviewing officer after 30 minutes.

My actual interview lasted less than 2 mins.
Took oath and was asked to provide finger prints.
CO: what are you currently doing in Fiji.
CO: highest qualification is masters in Accounting...he checked my certificate and just made a comment. Mayb linked to my work.
CO: where will you stay in USA
CO: do you have family there.
You have been approved. Visa will be issued within 3 to 5 working days....

Hope this helps. No additional documents were needed. My DS form was filled last year March so the variation in the new DS form was not needed in my case......

All the best to others!!!!!

Hi All

I have from Fiji. Interview was scheduled for today 04.03.2020 at 8.00am. Went to the embassy early morning but was only allowed to line up at 7.40am. Was first to enter the security check but was told to go back out and wait until it is sharp 8.00am as my visa was for immigrant. At around 8.05am was informed to go through security checks. Went inside the building and security gave me a ticket and told us to wait until number is called. I waited for 40 minutes and finally was called by one lady who requested for all documents. Original And a copy of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, all qualification and academic transcript, 2 passport size photo, DS confirmation page, document delivery confirmation, passports, medical report. Then she took my finger prints and informed me to pay $726.00 fjd *2 at the cashier while she took my wife’s finger prints. Came back and returned the receipt to the lady and was told to sit and wait.

CO: highest qualification is masters in Accounting...he checked my certificate and just made a comment. Mayb linked to my work.

Hope this helps. No additional documents were needed. My DS form was filled last year March so the variation in the new DS form was not needed in my case......

Congratulations

Hi All

Hi congrats to you . Did you show any bank statements or sponsor form?

Hi all

As I mentioned earlier I was only required to submit the document I listed above . No other documents were requested. It might vary from case to case.
Hope this helps