• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Thanks for the prompt response. I realise I can't add him until after the wedding to my DS260. But does that mean I should hold off on sending my documents as well as his documents to the KCC?

KCC can’t do a thing with his documents if they dont have a ds260 for him to attach them to. Pointless to send them now.
your choice if you want to send yours now or wait for when you submit his documents

Thanks for the prompt response. I realise I can't add him until after the wedding to my DS260. But does that mean I should hold off on sending my documents as well as his documents to the KCC?

His documents are meaningless to KCC if his DS260 is yet to be submitted. You make the call as to if you want to submit your documents now or wait until after your marriage.

Hi all - I’ve misplaced our marriage certificate but I have it saved as a pdf so will be fine for KCC submission - question is: will I need physical copy for interview? We were married in US so it would be quite the annoying process to obtain with apostille

Hi all - I’ve misplaced our marriage certificate but I have it saved as a pdf so will be fine for KCC submission - question is: will I need physical copy for interview? We were married in US so it would be quite the annoying process to obtain with apostille
Yes, you need a physical original & copy for the interview.

Thanks for that- much appreciated.

I have another question --> re: DS-260 for the field "Have you ever been issued a US visa" - I noted the most recent one I had (H-1B), however I also was previously on an F1 visa and can't recall if I should have included that or if the option to add multiple visas was even available. Do I need to unlock my DS-260 to include my F1 visa info or is the option to add multiple visas not even possible? Thanks for the guidance!

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to reschedule your interview once it's been scheduled? Or is there a blog that talks about this I could look at. We aren't current yet so I'm just doing research. My husbands work involves a lot of travel and there are international dates coming up this year so I just want to know what the options are.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to reschedule your interview once it's been scheduled? Or is there a blog that talks about this I could look at. We aren't current yet so I'm just doing research. My husbands work involves a lot of travel and there are international dates coming up this year so I just want to know what the options are.

Yes, an interview can be rescheduled, although results may vary. Sydney is pretty good at rescheduling.

My number just became current and I submitted the DS-260 last week and just waiting for a PCC to come through before submitting KCC docs likely by start of Feb. One the DS-260 is submitted and KCC docs, do you know what processing time is? Wondering what my chances are of getting a 2NL after the next visa bulletin

My number just became current and I submitted the DS-260 last week and just waiting for a PCC to come through before submitting KCC docs likely by start of Feb. One the DS-260 is submitted and KCC docs, do you know what processing time is? Wondering what my chances are of getting a 2NL after the next visa bulletin
My number was current in November. Submitted DS260 mid-October. Received docs request email one week later.

Once I submitted my docs, it took two days to receive the ‘ready for scheduling’ email - this was late October. I then received my 2NL late November for an early Jan interview.

I rescheduled my interview at Sydney last year. It was...not as easy as it could be, with you only being allowed to request the reschedule no earlier than a month before your interview, and no guarantee you would get the date you wanted.

The Tuesday-only policy makes rescheduling complicated too.

If you submit docs start or feb from experience you won’t make next bath of 2NLs. I’d say you’ll have your interview in May.
I submitted documents start of month, my number became current the few weeks later when the bulletin came out for Jan, missed it for time and got my interview for Feb.

I rescheduled my interview at Sydney last year. It was...not as easy as it could be, with you only being allowed to request the reschedule no earlier than a month before your interview, and no guarantee you would get the date you wanted.

The Tuesday-only policy makes rescheduling complicated too.
Thanks @DougNNNN, do the interviews only happen on a Tuesday? I'm hopeful we won't have to, but the US/Euro summer is always the busiest for travel and so I'm looking at options.

Are those who have green card's planning on applying for naturalization? I'm looking long term and wondering, sorry if this is not the correct thread. If we got the green card and moved to the US, got naturalized, could we still retire in Australia in 20-30 years? I don't know if we'd still want to but I'm curious. Is there info or a blog that looks at the implications of naturalization and duel citizenship? Can we, and our kids, keep our Australian citizenship and passports forever?

We will be naturalizing later this year. We will be keeping our Australian citizenship and passports: the US Government 'recognizes and permits Americans to have other nationalities'.

https://au.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/citizenship-services/dual-nationality/

Yes, it’s no problem from the US side. Some countries (I believe including Japan, Germany and India) do not allow dual citizenship/passports. Do be aware part of your oath of allegiance will be to “absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;” but unless your former country goes to war with the US (probably....not very likely for Australia) that‘s not usually a practical issue.

Hello,

Just a quick question about timing that I am hoping someone can help me with... I have already submitted by DS-260, my number is 17XX, so I am expecting for it to go current in April. I understand that no-one can give a definitive answer, but from experience - does anyone know when I can expect my interview to be scheduled? I am trying to plan a holiday in late April- early May.