• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Ghana Selectees

They posted this on their Facebook page status. Hmm!
DV2020 has been deemed mission critical, as such as far as I understand if they are taking any emergency appointments they should be taking DV. Do you know if they are taking emergency appointments? Have you guys filled out the AILA feedback form? Is there a nearby embassy that is open and easily reachable from Ghana, as per the DoS statement they will allow people to use other embassies if possible?

DV2020 has been deemed mission critical, as such as far as I understand if they are taking any emergency appointments they should be taking DV. Do you know if they are taking emergency appointments? Have you guys filled out the AILA feedback form? Is there a nearby embassy that is open and easily reachable from Ghana, as per the DoS statement they will allow people to use other embassies if possible?
Most of us have filled out the AILA feedback forms. The nearest embassys are those of Togo, Cote d'ivoire , Burkina Faso,Benin and maybe Nigeria. Hmmmmm

They are taking emergency appointments .i sent email for about 5 days now ,no reply.

They are taking emergency appointments .i sent email for about 5 days now ,no reply.
Well 5 days ago I can understand no reply, but they should have directive from DoS at least since yesterday now. Hmm..I wonder if trying to directly reach a lawyer at AILA about this might be useful as there will be a bunch of you waiting.

@SusieQQQ our people don’t want to reschedule us. See what they sent to me today after requesting for rescheduling for the 2nd time with a different gmail

“Case Reason: Feedback/Suggestions
Public Response: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

Thank you for your message. We may not be able to provide an individualized response to your query.

EMBASSY CLOSURE: The U.S. Embassy in Accra remains in maximum telework posture and is closed to the public until further notice.  All routine consular services, such as passport, notarial, and visa services and appointments, are cancelled. Please continue to monitor our U.S. Embassy's COVID-19 information webpage as well as social media sites for updated information as it becomes available.

VISA PROCESSING: The U.S. Embassy in Accra remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date. The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. Answers to frequently asked questions about routine visa issues can be found here: https://ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-gen-faq.asp. If you have an emergency need to travel and need a visa, please follow the instructions on our visa appointment website to request an emergency visa interview appointment: https://ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-expeditedappointment.asp. Presidential Proclamation 10052 suspends entry of nonimmigrant applicants for H1B, H2B, H4, L and certain J categories (for aliens participating in an intern, trainee, teacher, camp counselor, au pair, or summer work travel program), along with their spouses and children. Travelers with an urgent need to travel should request an emergency appointment only if they have reason to believe they may qualify for one of the exceptions listed in the Proclamation here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...-labor-market-following-coronavirus-outbreak/.

EXPIRING IMMIGRANT VISAS: We are aware that some immigrant visa holders and their petitioning family members in the U.S. are concerned about soon-to-expire immigrant visas. We are actively working on accommodations for those affected when visa operations resume. You will not need to file a new petition with USCIS, but you may need to submit a new application (DS-260) and pay another immigrant visa application processing fee. In addition, you may need to submit new supporting documents, such as a new medical examination and police certificate. Please be prepared to return your unused, expired visa and visa package (if applicable). Requests to reissue or replace visas are considered on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants are required to re-establish their eligibility; there is no guarantee that you will receive a new visa. If your immigrant visa expired, we will contact you with guidance on your next steps once visa operations resume.

DNA TESTING: We are not processing DNA collections at this time. We will resume DNA testing as soon as possible, but are unable to provide a specific date.

REPATRIATION FLIGHTS: U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs) with an urgent need to travel to the United States should email American Citizen Services at ACSAccra@state.gov.

ACTIONS TO TAKE:
1. Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
2. Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
3. Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure and phased easing on public gatherings.
1. To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC's latest recommendations.
2. Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
3. Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra's website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
4. Visit the  Department of Homeland Security's website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
5. Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
1. Country Information for Ghana”

@SusieQQQ I feel so stranded. What should I do now ???

@SusieQQQ our people don’t want to reschedule us. See what they sent to me today after requesting for rescheduling for the 2nd time with a different gmail

“Case Reason: Feedback/Suggestions
Public Response: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

Thank you for your message. We may not be able to provide an individualized response to your query.

EMBASSY CLOSURE: The U.S. Embassy in Accra remains in maximum telework posture and is closed to the public until further notice.  All routine consular services, such as passport, notarial, and visa services and appointments, are cancelled. Please continue to monitor our U.S. Embassy's COVID-19 information webpage as well as social media sites for updated information as it becomes available.

VISA PROCESSING: The U.S. Embassy in Accra remains unable to resume routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services at this time. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date. The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. Answers to frequently asked questions about routine visa issues can be found here: https://ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-gen-faq.asp. If you have an emergency need to travel and need a visa, please follow the instructions on our visa appointment website to request an emergency visa interview appointment: https://ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-expeditedappointment.asp. Presidential Proclamation 10052 suspends entry of nonimmigrant applicants for H1B, H2B, H4, L and certain J categories (for aliens participating in an intern, trainee, teacher, camp counselor, au pair, or summer work travel program), along with their spouses and children. Travelers with an urgent need to travel should request an emergency appointment only if they have reason to believe they may qualify for one of the exceptions listed in the Proclamation here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...-labor-market-following-coronavirus-outbreak/.

EXPIRING IMMIGRANT VISAS: We are aware that some immigrant visa holders and their petitioning family members in the U.S. are concerned about soon-to-expire immigrant visas. We are actively working on accommodations for those affected when visa operations resume. You will not need to file a new petition with USCIS, but you may need to submit a new application (DS-260) and pay another immigrant visa application processing fee. In addition, you may need to submit new supporting documents, such as a new medical examination and police certificate. Please be prepared to return your unused, expired visa and visa package (if applicable). Requests to reissue or replace visas are considered on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants are required to re-establish their eligibility; there is no guarantee that you will receive a new visa. If your immigrant visa expired, we will contact you with guidance on your next steps once visa operations resume.

DNA TESTING: We are not processing DNA collections at this time. We will resume DNA testing as soon as possible, but are unable to provide a specific date.

REPATRIATION FLIGHTS: U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (LPRs) with an urgent need to travel to the United States should email American Citizen Services at ACSAccra@state.gov.

ACTIONS TO TAKE:
1. Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov.
2. Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security, travel, and health updates.
3. Review the President of Ghana’s speech announcing the extended border closure and phased easing on public gatherings.
1. To learn what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC's latest recommendations.
2. Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
3. Visit our U.S. Embassy in Accra's website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Ghana.
4. Visit the  Department of Homeland Security's website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
5. Visit Ready.gov for a list of suggested supplies to have on hand.
1. Country Information for Ghana”

@SusieQQQ I feel so stranded. What should I do now ???
This is very very homelitic. Take heart. We shall overcome

@Britsimon any new ideas re post #545 above? It appears they have been taking emergency appointments but are treating DV as routine rather than mission critical. I don’t know if anything can be done?

@Britsimon any new ideas re post #545 above? It appears they have been taking emergency appointments but are treating DV as routine rather than mission critical. I don’t know if anything can be done?
@Britsimon. It appears Britsimon is not concerned about how the Us embassy Ghana is maltreating us. Is very sisickening. But never say die until the bones are rotten

Sounds like they are in a low level of reopening. Anyone contacting them should mention emergency and see what happens. But they might still refuse to expose their staff.

WOW! Despite everything Simon has done for DV2020 folks in general??? This is an unjust and highly unfair accusation to level against him.
I didnt mean we are ungrateful. What i was trying to say is that nowadays he doesnt answer questions on this forum, even those posed to him directly.

Sounds like they are in a low level of reopening. Anyone contacting them should mention emergency and see what happens. But they might still refuse to expose their staff.
Ghana has managed the coronavirus situation very well.About 800 active coronavirus cases remains. When you send messages, they Don reply

We emphatically mention mission critical/emergency but they keep saying the same thing to the extent of blocking our mails.

I wrote for transfer and see the response Togo embassy gave me.
Sounds hilarious

Attachments

• 2DFAC582-757C-4DDC-8606-B5F19DA8FB65.png
    2DFAC582-757C-4DDC-8606-B5F19DA8FB65.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 44
We emphatically mention mission critical/emergency but they keep saying the same thing to the extent of blocking our mails.

I wrote for transfer and see the response Togo embassy gave me.
Sounds hilarious
Hmm try the ivory coast embassy too and see. I think they are dealing with mission critical/emergency appointment.