• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Ghana Selectees

@Ellen 94 Try emailing them again. This is what they told a dv2021 winner today. Good luck everyone.View attachment 2074View attachment 2075
Maybe i maybe wrong but this is how i understand from the last paragraph (subjected to corection from our moderators) ........ "and categories of cases most likely to results timely issuance for eligible applicants" Accordingly.......
1 Either they have looked into our cases and predetermed all people they have invited will get visas (which will be prejudice) or

2 they are only scheduling people in category 1&2. (but category 1&2 can get their visas without necessary going for interview)

Fellow Ghanaians,

After two lockdowns in Israel, Trump's covid-19 ban and a whole lot of complicated issues.....I finally got my DV 2020 visa issued in Jerusalem, Israel at 2.44 pm (That was close) on 30th September, 2020. Thanks to everyone on this platform for the prayers n advise. Thanks to AILA, KUCK, BRIT especially for all the help on pro bono.

By 6PM Ghana time today, Judge Mehta will throw a second or third chance for everyone.

Shalom from Tel Aviv University.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_Plus_1601465981134.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Plus_1601465981134.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Fellow Ghanaians,

After two lockdowns in Israel, Trump's covid-19 ban and a whole lot of complicated issues.....I finally got my DV 2020 visa issued in Jerusalem, Israel at 2.44 pm (That was close) on 30th September, 2020. Thanks to everyone on this platform for the prayers n advise. Thanks to AILA, KUCK, BRIT especially for all the help on pro bono.

By 6PM Ghana time today, Judge Mehta will throw a second or third chance for everyone.

Shalom from Tel Aviv University.
CONGRATS

Why no one on this page wasn't reschedule for appointment?
Then the USA embassy in Ghana hasn't been fair to you guys.

Partial Good News..... About 10k visas reserved by Judge Mehta.

Good luck everyone

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_Plus_1601515431180.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Plus_1601515431180.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 26
Hello. I am a DV 2021 winner. My husband entered for me and made a mistake with my place of birth. Instead of Sunyani he made it Berekum... every other information including passport number is correct. Advice pls. Thanks

You Dont have a problem you are good So far as your country of Chargabilty is correct .
Since place of birth is still Ghana you are
Good .
Ope all other Documents are good like Wassce cert and nd birth cert

Why no one on this page wasn't reschedule for appointment?
Then the USA embassy in Ghana hasn't been fair to you guys.
They have proven they dont really care. All they want to give to Ghana is aid,not our wellbeing.

They have proven they dont really care. All they want to give to Ghana is aid,not our wellbeing.
Hmm I know a few people who were issued visas in September and they were even those people who had gone for the interview already and were waiting for their visas to be issued before the embassy closed done. But on the real the embassy wasn't fair to those whose appointment were cancelled.

Partial Good News..... About 10k visas reserved by Judge Mehta.

Good luck everyone
After 4th September ruling, KCC said they were prioritizing those listed in the plaintiff, then to those who were scheduled for March, April and May but were cancelled because of COVID-19, Then they will turn to those who have received documentarily qualified message and if there is capacity at the various post to process additional thus those on pending to be issued VISA before 30th september, 2020.

On 25th September when both parties appeared in court again, the state made the court to believe that from 4th - 25th September 2020, over 5,000 selectees have so far been sheduled and interviewed of which about 3,000 received visa whiles about 2,000 failed. I just want to believe that, the state has finished dealing with all those prioritized in his plan from 4th - 25th september, 2020.

The court has again on 30th september ordered that about 10,000 visa's should be reserved, proccessed and issued to DV 2020 selectees after the September 30th deadline which is the end of 2020 fiscal year, which i am of strong conviction that it is for those on pending. But as at today, the state has not updated us on it's site on how they are going about the 30th september court ruling which is a worry to me. Anybody with an idea of how they are going about it this plase!!!!

I am also hearing that the Ghana embassy has not scheduled anybody since the presidential proclamation came to force meaning they did not even respect the court ruling.

What can we (DV-2020 selectees) do then???

After 4th September ruling, KCC said they were prioritizing those listed in the plaintiff, then to those who were scheduled for March, April and May but were cancelled because of COVID-19, Then they will turn to those who have received documentarily qualified message and if there is capacity at the various post to process additional thus those on pending to be issued VISA before 30th september, 2020.

On 25th September when both parties appeared in court again, the state made the court to believe that from 4th - 25th September 2020, over 5,000 selectees have so far been sheduled and interviewed of which about 3,000 received visa whiles about 2,000 failed. I just want to believe that, the state has finished dealing with all those prioritized in his plan from 4th - 25th september, 2020.

The court has again on 30th september ordered that about 10,000 visa's should be reserved, proccessed and issued to DV 2020 selectees after the September 30th deadline which is the end of 2020 fiscal year, which i am of strong conviction that it is for those on pending. But as at today, the state has not updated us on it's site on how they are going about the 30th september court ruling which is a worry to me. Anybody with an idea of how they are going about it this plase!!!!

I am also hearing that the Ghana embassy has not scheduled anybody since the presidential proclamation came to force meaning they did not even respect the court ruling.

What can we (DV-2020 selectees) do then???
The new visas are different from those issued before/on 30th September, 2020.
The 9095 visas are for all remaining winners of the lottery. Affording to BritSimon (follow his channel on YouTube or read from his blogs on latest DV news) and Charles Kuck, even though Judge Mehta has reserved those visas, there are still arguments or court battles to win before the DoS will finally issue out clear procedures on how to share the visas.

The new visas are different from those issued before/on 30th September, 2020.
The 9095 visas are for all remaining winners of the lottery. Affording to BritSimon (follow his channel on YouTube or read from his blogs on latest DV news) and Charles Kuck, even though Judge Mehta has reserved those visas, there are still arguments or court battles to win before the DoS will finally issue out clear procedures on how to share the visas.

To be clear, the visas are "reserved", but the legal arguments must continue. Only if the legal argument is finally won will the 9095 visas be issued, and it is not certain how that will be done. All we can do is wait and see.