• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Ghana Selectees

What if
There is a high level of scrutiny because of the many fakes, so they need to be sure a marriage is genuine - take as much evidence as you can. Even if a marriage is genuine, if you cannot show enough evidence that it is then they may deny it. Good evidence includes: a long relationship, preferably documented to back before DV entry/selection, photos of you together in different places at different times over the past, again the further back the better, especially with members of both families also, old social media posts, documentation showing how long you have lived together, shared bills, etc etc. Don’t make the mistake of thinking a marriage certificate and a couple of wedding photos is all you need.

Per your last paragraph you mentioned that we shouldn’t depend solely on marriage certificate....... What if we married before selection but we have insufficient pictures of pre-marriage to prove?
In that case what can we do now?

If there’s something you think it will help your case from social media, you can simply screenshot it print them out and go along with it to your interview if the need come to show it cool. If doesn’t cool.

Thanks a lot for
If there’s something you think it will help your case from social media, you can simply screenshot it print them out and go along with it to your interview if the need come to show it cool. If doesn’t cool.
Thanks for such a better answer...i guess this platform is for clarifications so if someone ask a question u should be tolerant enough with your answers

Please, I also want to know if it is necessary to go for transcripts. Thank you.
If you mean transcripts for your secondary or high school education, note that the SSCE or WASSCE certificate does contain the results of your exams so that function is already served. If you mean university transcripts however, I would say rage them along (even if you’re not the principal applicant ) as it’s better to have more documents than less at the interview. But please be aware that the standard for qualification for the DV immigrant visa is a high school (secondary education) examination results that qualifies you for direct admission to an American or Ghanaian university. I hope this helps.

If you mean transcripts for your secondary or high school education, note that the SSCE or WASSCE certificate does contain the results of your exams so that function is already served. If you mean university transcripts however, I would say rage them along (even if you’re not the principal applicant ) as it’s better to have more documents than less at the interview. But please be aware that the standard for qualification for the DV immigrant visa is a high school (secondary education) examination results that qualifies you for direct admission to an American or Ghanaian university. I hope this helps.
*take not rage

That’s easy to find. Please call Akai House clinic or Holy Trinity as fees are pegged to the US Dollar and therefore do change frequently.
Thanks

Please I also need a clarification on this:
I have not been selected as at now so do I still stand a chance of getting selected?

Please I also need a clarification on this:
I have not been selected as at now so do I still stand a chance of getting selected?
If you are referring to DV2020 no, winners were announced in May last year and there was/is no second draw
If you have entered DV2021 then the results are not yet known, winners will be announced in May this year

My case was current for March. Up till now i have not received interview notification. I need help. What should i do?