• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Ghana Selectees

@ras
Is that a high school certificate?
I only know our high school certificate is WASSCE and SSCE (before 2005), so explain where your certificate was obtained from so we can understand and answer you correctly.
yea is WASSCE

So since that section relates to the host/GC mailing address, find out from your host if their current address is the same as the mailing address. If it’s the same, answer “Yes”, if it’s different answer “No” and provide your host’s current and mailing address as applicable. It doesn’t have anything to do with your own address.

@Sm1smom Hi Brit and everybody. Kindly help me address this issues.
I was told that the police certificate is valid for only 6 months and i was advised (by an officer in charge of its issuance) that I have to wait till kcc is getting close (not necessarily that my cN should be current) to my CN (2020AF56***) before I come for our police certificates. According to them, the CO may ask us to provide new ones if we get it earlier because the assumption is, we might have done something wrong during that period which the laws of the lands frown upon. Hence the need to prove again that we are clean (N.B. the certificates are very expensive for us so you'd imagine we'd like to cut down on the costs by doing it once). Nonetheless, I intend sending at least the DS before the documents.
1) how soon would you advise me to submit the DS?
2) when should we apply for the police certificates?
3) how long do kcc take to process the DS and do the background checks?
4) any ideas about the background checks?
5) when do u think I'll be current?
Thanks

Welcome to this forum!
All Ghanaians Selectees for dv 2020 report here to share ideas for a successful visas issuance.
All the best in our visa journey processing.
Bro I have won the DV lottery and my case number and other stuffs are with my agents
What can I do to get my case number and again I had d7 in my core maths do I have any chance

@Sm1smom Hi Brit and everybody. Kindly help me address this issues.
I was told that the police certificate is valid for only 6 months and i was advised (by an officer in charge of its issuance) that I have to wait till kcc is getting close (not necessarily that my cN should be current) to my CN (2020AF56***) before I come for our police certificates. According to them, the CO may ask us to provide new ones if we get it earlier because the assumption is, we might have done something wrong during that period which the laws of the lands frown upon. Hence the need to prove again that we are clean (N.B. the certificates are very expensive for us so you'd imagine we'd like to cut down on the costs by doing it once). Nonetheless, I intend sending at least the DS before the documents.
1) how soon would you advise me to submit the DS?
2) when should we apply for the police certificates?
3) how long do kcc take to process the DS and do the background checks?
4) any ideas about the background checks?
5) when do u think I'll be current?
Thanks

1. I don’t have a crystal ball to know what your CN is or to figure out what has been holding you from submitting your DS260 form. So you’ll need to figure out the best time yourself.

2. You’ll obviously need to include the PCC with the documents you’ll subsequently send in to KCC, so again you’ll need to figure that out on your own, bearing in mind KCC will not schedule your interview appointment when your CN becomes current if you’re yet to submit your documents to them.

3. Depends on what the background check reveals, so I can’t give you a time frame. Maybe a couple of days for some, may be several weeks/months - it depends on the individual concerned.

4. We already have several threads/posts describing what the background check involves, please use the search button to find them.

5. See response 1 above.