• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Did they approve for one case and didn’t update for another one?

No, we have finished an interview and our cases have not been approved yet.
My case status updated to “your interview is completed and your case must be reviewed” but my husband case status showed “fingerprint fee was received”.

congratulations!
You filed in October and you had your biometrics on the same day as your interview? Why didn't you go to your biometrics sooner?
lol how do you expect them to know why they weren’t scheduled sooner?
i‘d assume they are at a FO that batches, or that earlier plans to schedule were interrupted by the office closures.

lol how do you expect them to know why they weren’t scheduled sooner?
i‘d assume they are at a FO that batches, or that earlier plans to schedule were interrupted by the office closures.
I meant biometrics appointment! She said we filed in October (which was way before than Covid-19 situation) but had our biometrics taken at the time of the interview.

Hi mom I received the letter from uscis today, I’ll upload it on thread here , it doesn’t have sensitive information, I don’t understand that I applied for adjust of status via diversity visa lottery not marriage , why it’s confusing bcoz I am married to a US citizen thank you Mom and I appreciate your feedback
Is the sender of letter National Benefits Center (NBC) or your local field office?

I meant biometrics appointment! She said we filed in October (which was way before than Covid-19 situation) but had our biometrics taken at the time of the interview.
Oh oh I knew why you said that! It’s a misunderstanding!

Actually we had our bio on 11/19/2019
But!
We were required to take the picture and finger prints(only pointer finger) again on interview day

Since you didn’t quite answer all the questions I asked, giving you the much needed guidance becomes quite difficult. Even the answers you provided here is quite confusing:
“Part 2 section 12 ; marked as diversity visa program
Part 2 section 12 and 13 is blank”
You said you marked section 12 as DV, you followed up by saying you left second 12 blank. You also didn’t answer the question regarding the 1NL.

I don’t know if it is intentional or lack of understanding, but I’ve observed you selectively answer questions here. I once asked why your wife wasn’t listed on your I-944 and I recollect you didn’t answer that question either.

If the USCIS rep says the system shows your application comes up as family based, I’m willing to bet the error is from your side based on how you filled out your I-485.

Respond to the RFE with a clear letter stating you’re applying based on being a DV selectee. Include copies of your 1NL, 2NL, and the DV payment receipt. Send it by priority mail with proof of delivery or send it by courier.
Hello Mom, I do apologize for not answering all questions
I sent 1NL and 2NL with my package
I also included fee receipt
The confirmation email for DS260

You can say I sent everything needed to DV lottery

Part 2 section 2a ( diversity visa program)
Part 2 section 12&13 left blank
Moreover notice of action letter indicates ( preference classification: Diversity visa program
My question why and how come they put my I 485 under family petition
The tier 2 said I completely understand all what you say but you have to respond to them via mail
I send a letter explaining everything plus I included 1NL, 2 NL , $330 receipt for KCC, notice of action letter which indicates DV lottery
Page of Part 2 section 2a .
Do uscis not continue with my DV lottery bcoz I am married to US citizen ?
I started this process before getting married
I hope they will respond to me soon after receiving my letter
And thank you mom

Hello Mom, I do apologize for not answering all questions
I sent 1NL and 2NL with my package
I also included fee receipt
The confirmation email for DS260

You can say I sent everything needed to DV lottery

Part 2 section 2a ( diversity visa program)
Part 2 section 12&13 left blank
Moreover notice of action letter indicates ( preference classification: Diversity visa program
My question why and how come they put my I 485 under family petition
The tier 2 said I completely understand all what you say but you have to respond to them via mail
I send a letter explaining everything plus I included 1NL, 2 NL , $330 receipt for KCC, notice of action letter which indicates DV lottery
Page of Part 2 section 2a .
Do uscis not continue with my DV lottery bcoz I am married to US citizen ?
I started this process before getting married
I hope they will respond to me soon after receiving my letter
And thank you mom

If you ticked Part 2 Section 2a, it explains why your FO issued the RFE. 2a is for those filing family based AOS not DV based.

I had my interview on Friday, July 17 without a biometric completed. The interview itself was very cordial. I verbally confirmed all the entries I made on my I-485. The other questions I was asked regarded my current non-immigrant status and whether past entries into the US were all legal. I provided my sealed medical exam as well as sealed police report from my home country. Everything went well.

I had not received my biometric appointment before the interview. The interviewing officer said that it is very unusual for the interview to be conducted before the biometric, but it's COVID times, and that's probably why. The officer got in contact with the supervisor of the ASC, and they said that they are working at 30% capacity, so everything is delayed. In 2 weeks, 70% of USCIS workers will be furloughed, so it is likely that they may encounter more delays. The ASC supervisor said I should wait for my biometric appointment in the mail. I asked whether my fingerprints that were taken for my non-immigrant visa in November 2019 could be reused, and they said no.

The interview officer made a note in my file to check for my biometrics in August. They said as soon as they get it, they can complete my file. They provided me with a receipt that "my case is being held for review" but explained to me that it's only because I do not have a biometric completed.

They encouraged me to call USCIS if I don't received my appointment in August because it must be processed by September.

Hello Ophelia, I hope you're doing well. Any news of the Biometric Letter?

I received bio letters. Our appointments are an HR apart. Would it be possible to go in together for the appointment? How long does it take?

Once the online status changes to "card being produced" can it go back to AP or are we for sure getting the green card then?

I received bio letters. Our appointments are an HR apart. Would it be possible to go in together for the appointment? How long does it take?

Once the online status changes to "card being produced" can it go back to AP or are we for sure getting the green card then?

Attend the bio together, they will most likely see you both one after the other.

Nothing is certain until you get the actual GC.

Though I really don't know what kind of solution will be suggested for it, my experience I sweat a bit.
As somebody posted, the arrival of letters may be at last minutes.

Bio letter Issued >> 7/22
Stamp on the bio letter >> 7/27
Arrival of the bio letter in Seattle >> 8/1
Appointment >> 8/3

Though I really don't know what kind of solution will be suggested for it, my experience I sweat a bit.
As somebody posted, the arrival of letters may be at last minutes.

Bio letter Issued >> 7/22
Stamp on the bio letter >> 7/27
Arrival of the bio letter in Seattle >> 8/1
Appointment >> 8/3

Almost the same timeline as my bio letter. I received it on 29th. However I knew about it earlier when I called USCIS on 23rd July.

So, yes letters could arrive at the last moment.

Hi! Is anybody here from NY waiting for the interview letter?!
Yes, I am. I have done biometrics, but still waiting on the IL. My field office is Brooklyn. I spoke to a Tier 2 officer on Thursday. He said that no interview date has been set yet or IL sent. He also said “as long as you have the I-485 filed and pending, you should be fine”
He said it's at the Brooklyn Office - an officer assigned, it's actively being worked on.
I asked what I can do to get attention for it. He said not to worry! And then said that if I haven't heard anything to call back in 30 days. 30 days!!!!! I was like....um no way! I'm calling you tomorrow. I then sent in an enquiry to my congresswoman.

Yes, I am. I have done biometrics, but still waiting on the IL. My field office is Brooklyn. I spoke to a Tier 2 officer on Thursday. He said that no interview date has been set yet or IL sent. He also said “as long as you have the I-485 filed and pending, you should be fine”
He said it's at the Brooklyn Office - an officer assigned, it's actively being worked on.
I asked what I can do to get attention for it. He said not to worry! And then said that if I haven't heard anything to call back in 30 days. 30 days!!!!! I was like....um no way! I'm calling you tomorrow. I then sent in an enquiry to my congresswoman.
May I know how long after your appointment it took your status changed to "Fingerprint Review was Completed"?

May I know how long after your appointment it took your status changed to "Fingerprint Review was Completed"?[/QUOT
May I know how long after your appointment it took your status changed to "Fingerprint Review was Completed"?
my current case status is “Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken”. That happened the day after the biometrics appointment.

How long does it take for the welcome letter to show up after status changes to ‘Case Approved’?
And how soon can we expect to get the physical green card considering the current situation with card production?