• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

@Sm1smom, thanks for all your help.
06/02/2020 My package was received at the Chicago Lockbox
06/14/2020 I got a text from USCIS with receipt number.
The status when I checked online is: Fingerprint fee was received.
I am still waiting for the official mail notice. Should I submit the non- delivery of notice form online? call?
Thank you,

Hey everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. Thank you to everyone who have shared their timelines. They honestly have helped me a lot!

I got an update today so I thought I would also share my journey:

2/5/2020 - AOS package sent and received by USCIS
2/11/2020 - Received NOA in the mail
2/14/2020 - Received Biometrics appointment NOA in the mail
2/24/2020 - Completed a walk-in Biometrics
2/25/2020 - 'Case was updated to Show Fingerprints Were Taken' (My status online is still stuck at this point)

Initially (something I am kicking myself to this day about), I did not apply for an EAD card as I had a current one that expired 6/19/2020. Around the beginning of May I decided to send the I-765 form.

5/5/2020 - Received I-765 NOA in the mail. [Receipt number started with IOE]
5/6/2020 - Received letter stating that they will reuse my previously captured fingerprints
6/12/2020 - Got nervous and decided to send an email online to local Congressman office
6/15/2020 - Reply from Congressman office to say they have sent an inquiry to USCIS in order to access my case
6/17/2020 - Online status for I-765 changed to 'Card is being Produced' (still no movement on this and I am yet to receive the card)
7/2/2020 - Received an Interview Notice in the mail for I-485

I hope sharing this helps!

The same with me, my package was delivered on 6/23/2020 - AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox and since then no any notice, email's ant etc.

Hey everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. Thank you to everyone who have shared their timelines. They honestly have helped me a lot!

2/25/2020 - 'Case was updated to Show Fingerprints Were Taken' (My status online is still stuck at this point)

Initially (something I am kicking myself to this day about), I did not apply for an EAD card as I had a current one that expired 6/19/2020. Around the beginning of May I decided to send the I-765 form.

5/6/2020 - Received letter stating that they will reuse my previously captured fingerprints
6/12/2020 - Got nervous and decided to send an email online to local Congressman office
6/15/2020 - Reply from Congressman office to say they have sent an inquiry to USCIS in order to access my case
6/17/2020 - Online status for I-765 changed to 'Card is being Produced' (still no movement on this and I am yet to receive the card)

That’s awesome, congratulations

Hey everyone,

Congratulation and Thank you for your post and please update the timeline sheet so that it will be easier for everybody to access it ..

Hello Everyone.
I am in F-1 status graduating this Summer: end of the July. I applied AOS in March and waiting for biometric. After I graduate, I have 2 months to apply for opt which will be around first week of October. As the scenario is unpredictable, my question is can I apply for opt now? or after applying AOS I am not illegible for opt. Stay safe everyone.
Thank you.

The same with me, my package was delivered on 6/23/2020 - AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox and since then no any notice, email's ant etc.
Mine was delivered 5 days before yours, and I got the text/email yesterday; looking at the timeline spreadsheet, some can take even longer, but you're definitely within a normal range, don't worry!

Hello everyone,
Those who received the biometrics appointment letter - did you receive it by mail only? Or should I expect to get the letter via email as well?
Thank you!

Hi Mom, I want to ask your opinion. When my husband and I submitted our AOS package, we didn't write N/A or None in fields that didn't apply to us. We just left them blank. While we were preparing the package, we were aware of the instruction (and also your recommendation) to write N/A or None, but somehow miraculously that instruction went over both our heads and we didn't follow it. We weren't purposefully trying to not follow instructions, rather our brains probably weren't functioning correctly at the time. In fact, it wasn't even until a few weeks after we received our NOA that it finally clicked in my brain that we should have filled in N/A or None.

Anyway, at first I wasn't worried because I assumed that after the point that the Lockbox accepts our package, it's all good. But now I'm hearing that people get denied just by leaving fields blank instead of writing N/A or None. Is there anything that we could do at this point or is it going to be a wait and see situation?

Hi Mom, I want to ask your opinion. When my husband and I submitted our AOS package, we didn't write N/A or None in fields that didn't apply to us. We just left them blank. While we were preparing the package, we were aware of the instruction (and also your recommendation) to write N/A or None, but somehow miraculously that instruction went over both our heads and we didn't follow it. We weren't purposefully trying to not follow instructions, rather our brains probably weren't functioning correctly at the time. In fact, it wasn't even until a few weeks after we received our NOA that it finally clicked in my brain that we should have filled in N/A or None.

Anyway, at first I wasn't worried because I assumed that after the point that the Lockbox accepts our package, it's all good. But now I'm hearing that people get denied just by leaving fields blank instead of writing N/A or None. Is there anything that we could do at this point or is it going to be a wait and see situation?
I didn't hear about anyone getting rejected for leaving fields blank but one of my colleagues received a RFE for some of the 'unfilled' pages in the form. He replied to the RFE with the same blank pages and it was accepted.

I dont think your application will be rejected because the N/A issue.
Why did you send you AOS application on April 2020? I think you could send it on February 10, 2020 when with Visa bulletin was published for the month of May with AS15800 is current.