• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I didn't hear about anyone getting rejected for leaving fields blank but one of my colleagues received a RFE for some of the 'unfilled' pages in the form. He replied to the RFE with the same blank pages and it was accepted.
I dont think your application will be rejected because the N/A issue.
Why did you send you AOS application on April 2020? I think you could send it on February 10, 2020 when with Visa bulletin was published for the month of May with AS15800 is current.
One immigration lawyer on YouTube mentioned that some people got denied (after their package got accepted at the lockbox) because of leaving the fields blank instead of writing N/A. Not sure how common that situation is.

If I remember correctly the actual bulletin was released much later than that, even though the date was Feb 10. It was much too close to the date of the public charge ruling (Feb 24) that we didn't have time to finish up the old version of the form to be comfortable submitting it before Feb 24. Then because of having to gather information for the new I-944 and getting medicals done, it was early April that we got everything ready.

Ok so before I describe his interview experience, these are some details about my brother, just to put everything in context.
He's on F1 status, just graduated December 2019
He is single, never married
No kids
No criminal record
No previous employment or income in the US
No loans to his name
Barely active on social media
Father's brothers are US citizens.
Country of chargeability: Saudi Arabia
Documents submitted: all the standard documents listed in the spreadsheet. He DID NOT submit an I-134. He just had a letter of support from our father, and father's and his own bank statements.

His interview was scheduled for 8 am. He was told to give his interview letter to an officer in the waiting room, otherwise they WOULD NOT KNOW HE WAS THERE.
He waited for 5 minutes before being called in.
The officer looked through his documents. He was asked for his diploma, but he hasn't received that yet, so he just showed the officer his transcripts.
He was asked a few basic questions from his I-485, just confirming the answers he had given.
My brother had made a mistake with the date he had moved out of one his previous addresses (he was not aware of this mistake till the officer asked him when he had moved out of that house). The officer corrected the date and moved on.
My brother has one traffic citation which he listed on the form. He was not asked about it.
The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes.
At the end, after my brother had signed the paper, the officer asked him who had paid for his education, and what my father does.
The officer then told him to check his case status online, and that it should be updated within the hour. He would be informed if they needed any more documents, and that "based on your timeline, we might give you a call".

And that was it. We checked his case status about 10 minutes after the end of his interview, and it said New Card is Being Produced.

All in all, very straightforward interview. I'm not quite sure what the officer meant by 'based on your timeline'. Maybe referring to the fact that my brother has already graduated but hasn't applied for an OPT, so he would have had to leave the US soon if it weren't for this?

Anyway, so glad this is over! Again we are so grateful for this forum and all the people on it. Thank you!

Very Impressive case! Mashallah. me too. I see everything was easy and straight forward. Did you apply through a lawyer? Can you help me in my case AS2021 16500 birth in KSA.

Hi Mom, I want to ask your opinion. When my husband and I submitted our AOS package, we didn't write N/A or None in fields that didn't apply to us. We just left them blank. While we were preparing the package, we were aware of the instruction (and also your recommendation) to write N/A or None, but somehow miraculously that instruction went over both our heads and we didn't follow it. We weren't purposefully trying to not follow instructions, rather our brains probably weren't functioning correctly at the time. In fact, it wasn't even until a few weeks after we received our NOA that it finally clicked in my brain that we should have filled in N/A or None.

Anyway, at first I wasn't worried because I assumed that after the point that the Lockbox accepts our package, it's all good. But now I'm hearing that people get denied just by leaving fields blank instead of writing N/A or None. Is there anything that we could do at this point or is it going to be a wait and see situation?

Highly unusual for someone to get denied for that, unless it is glaring to the IO that the omission was an intentional attempt at not providing pertinent information required for adjudicating the case. They may issue a RFE if in doubt as to why the fields were left blank.

Hey guys!
Thank you so much Mom for all your help on this forum :)
I submitted my case on February 13, did my biometrics on March 2, and yesterday I finally got my interview letter scheduled for July 22, FO in Santa Ana!

fyi, i submitted the request to expedite my case on June 29, got the response on June 30 that it's already in the field office under the officer review, and the interview letter was sent the same day I got the response. So maybe that helped

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I submitted my case on February 13, did my biometrics on March 2, and yesterday I finally got my interview letter scheduled for July 22, FO in Santa Ana!

fyi, i submitted the request to expedite my case on June 29, got the response on June 30 that it's already in the field office under the officer review, and the interview letter was sent the same day I got the response. So maybe that helped
Congrats!! Did you call them or filled e-request?

Hi Guys,

I submitted my 2018 tax return using Turbotax. However, F1 students are not allowed to use it. This year I filed taxes with Sprintax and also used it to correct my 2018 taxes. I sent corrected forms with the amendment 1040 X. However, I found that for Sprintax only provided me with the updated State and Fica forms for 2018 and Federal tax is missing. Is it okay that they didn`t send me Federal? I asked Sprintax but I guess bots reply their emails because they are not very useful at all. Did anyone here have similar situation with having to amend your Turbotax return? How did you do it? I am really worried that I may have problems because of it.

Hi I’m back again. I’m preparing AOS package now. Then questions came up.I'm sorry if you've already answered this question.

1.I am staying on an F-1 VISA, where do I find the A number on I-485?
2.Should I put the G-325A in the AOS package as well?

There were people on the 2019 timeline who had the slowest package submission on 8/7 and got the interview letter on 9/6.
It's different now than it was in 2019, but I'm still hopeful, as I haven't even been able to submit AOS package yet.

I liked that you were prepared and submitted your AOS early on early of Jan. Did you pass the interview and got your green card?

I'm still waiting for my green card in the mail. Here's the post for my interview info

I got a notification today that my card is being produced.
- I previously had an interview appointment for Mar 18 but it was cancelled due to COVID. I think it's safe to assume that like @Giovanna my case was approved without an interview
- Thank you @Sm1smom for all the information you have generously shared, I really appreciate all the help from the spreadsheet and your insights on the forum

Hi Guys,

I submitted my 2018 tax return using Turbotax. However, F1 students are not allowed to use it. This year I filed taxes with Sprintax and also used it to correct my 2018 taxes. I sent corrected forms with the amendment 1040 X. However, I found that for Sprintax only provided me with the updated State and Fica forms for 2018 and Federal tax is missing. Is it okay that they didn`t send me Federal? I asked Sprintax but I guess bots reply their emails because they are not very useful at all. Did anyone here have similar situation with having to amend your Turbotax return? How did you do it? I am really worried that I may have problems because of it.

Focus on getting your IRS tax transcripts on hand for when you get to go in for your interview. Everything listed above doesn’t necessarily proof income tax filing, the real evidence is the tax transcripts issued by the IRS.

Hi I’m back again. I’m preparing AOS package now. Then questions came up.I'm sorry if you've already answered this question.

1.I am staying on an F-1 VISA, where do I find the A number on I-485?
2.Should I put the G-325A in the AOS package as well?

There were people on the 2019 timeline who had the slowest package submission on 8/7 and got the interview letter on 9/6.
It's different now than it was in 2019, but I'm still hopeful, as I haven't even been able to submit AOS package yet.

1. Doesn’t seem like you have an A#, leave the section blank.
2. Is form G-325A listed on the AOS spreadsheet? Are you filing for deferred action?

Hey guys!

Thanks for the update. All the best with your interview.

Hey everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. Thank you to everyone who have shared their timelines. They honestly have helped me a lot!

I got an update today so I thought I would also share my journey:

2/5/2020 - AOS package sent and received by USCIS
2/11/2020 - Received NOA in the mail
2/14/2020 - Received Biometrics appointment NOA in the mail
2/24/2020 - Completed a walk-in Biometrics
2/25/2020 - 'Case was updated to Show Fingerprints Were Taken' (My status online is still stuck at this point)

Initially (something I am kicking myself to this day about), I did not apply for an EAD card as I had a current one that expired 6/19/2020. Around the beginning of May I decided to send the I-765 form.

5/5/2020 - Received I-765 NOA in the mail. [Receipt number started with IOE]
5/6/2020 - Received letter stating that they will reuse my previously captured fingerprints
6/12/2020 - Got nervous and decided to send an email online to local Congressman office
6/15/2020 - Reply from Congressman office to say they have sent an inquiry to USCIS in order to access my case
6/17/2020 - Online status for I-765 changed to 'Card is being Produced' (still no movement on this and I am yet to receive the card)
7/2/2020 - Received an Interview Notice in the mail for I-485

I hope sharing this helps!

Congratulations!
I am on a similar timeline and did my biometrics around 3/12. I don't need EAD card, so I have never applied it.
Where's your FO btw?
I haven't called the congressman, but my anxiety wants me to.
My biometrics was at Syracuse and will not open until 7/27. The coronavirus is not that serious in the Upstate, but it took so long to reopen.

Congratulations!
I am on a similar timeline and did my biometrics around 3/12. I don't need EAD card, so I have never applied it.
Where's your FO btw?
I haven't called the congressman, but my anxiety wants me to.
My biometrics was at Syracuse and will not open until 7/27. The coronavirus is not that serious in the Upstate, but it took so long to reopen.
Thank you! My FO is Santa Ana, California.

Hopefully you hear from your FO soon. My status online is still stuck at Fingerprints so hopefully you receive the Interview Letter in the mail soon.

1. Doesn’t seem like you have an A#, leave the section blank.
2. Is form G-325A listed on the AOS spreadsheet? Are you filing for deferred action?
Thank you so much fast reply Sm1smom.
I’ll leave the section A# blank.
No, G-325A is not list on the AOS spreadsheet. But I found information that this was also submitted in So I wanted to make sure if I really needed to submit it.

Thank you so much fast reply Sm1smom.
I’ll leave the section A# blank.
No, G-325A is not list on the AOS spreadsheet. But I found information that this was also submitted in So I wanted to make sure if I really needed to submit it.

Where did you find the information regarding the G-325A?

Where did you find the information regarding the G-325A?
I saw information about a person who was writing and following the AOS process with the same F1VISA in my native language. That person is from 2016 and is the same as the current spread sheet, except for the G325A.and I-944. (I understand I-944 is not mandatory at that time). Actually I came here from that person's information.