• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi, it's been more than a month I have sent the $330 and I have not received the receipt yet!!!! My case number is current now, in Jan, and it's getting late for me to file and send my stuff. How can I track the AOS fee payment? is there a way, calling someone? Can I file w/o the AOS fee receipt?

Hi everyone!
My brother had his interview today.
His case status now says 'New Card is Being Produced'
We're hoping this means the case has been approved. There are no steps after this other than waiting for the mail, right?

I will update with interview details in a bit!

Awesome news for your brother. Yes that means he’s been approved. Just need to wait for the Welcome Letter (which may or may not show up), and his GC in the mail. Congratulations to your brother.

Please update the timeline spreadsheet with his update if you haven’t done so already.

Hi, it's been more than a month I have sent the $330 and I have not received the receipt yet!!!! My case number is current now, in Jan, and it's getting late for me to file and send my stuff. How can I track the AOS fee payment? is there a way, calling someone? Can I file w/o the AOS fee receipt?

Email KCC and request they send you a copy of your payment receipt via email. You may be current in January, however it’s not getting late to file. There’s still plenty of time left in the FY.

I called KCC and they emailed me the copy of receipt. I haven't received original copy till date. May be USPS misplaced it. Better call KCC they will email you receipt. Mine ease current in Jan and so I called them and submitted the receipt they sent me in email.

Ok so before I describe his interview experience, these are some details about my brother, just to put everything in context.
He's on F1 status, just graduated December 2019
He is single, never married
No kids
No criminal record
No previous employment or income in the US
No loans to his name
Barely active on social media
Father's brothers are US citizens.
Country of chargeability: Saudi Arabia
Documents submitted: all the standard documents listed in the spreadsheet. He DID NOT submit an I-134. He just had a letter of support from our father, and father's and his own bank statements.

His interview was scheduled for 8 am. He was told to give his interview letter to an officer in the waiting room, otherwise they WOULD NOT KNOW HE WAS THERE.
He waited for 5 minutes before being called in.
The officer looked through his documents. He was asked for his diploma, but he hasn't received that yet, so he just showed the officer his transcripts.
He was asked a few basic questions from his I-485, just confirming the answers he had given.
My brother had made a mistake with the date he had moved out of one his previous addresses (he was not aware of this mistake till the officer asked him when he had moved out of that house). The officer corrected the date and moved on.
My brother has one traffic citation which he listed on the form. He was not asked about it.
The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes.
At the end, after my brother had signed the paper, the officer asked him who had paid for his education, and what my father does.
The officer then told him to check his case status online, and that it should be updated within the hour. He would be informed if they needed any more documents, and that "based on your timeline, we might give you a call".

And that was it. We checked his case status about 10 minutes after the end of his interview, and it said New Card is Being Produced.

All in all, very straightforward interview. I'm not quite sure what the officer meant by 'based on your timeline'. Maybe referring to the fact that my brother has already graduated but hasn't applied for an OPT, so he would have had to leave the US soon if it weren't for this?

Anyway, so glad this is over! Again we are so grateful for this forum and all the people on it. Thank you!

Awesome news for your brother. Yes that means he’s been approved. Just need to wait for the Welcome Letter (which may or may not show up), and his GC in the mail. Congratulations to your brother.

Please update the timeline spreadsheet with his update if you haven’t done so already.

Thank you!! And thanks so much for all your help! Timeline has been updated.

Ok so before I describe his interview experience, these are some details about my brother, just to put everything in context.
No kids
No criminal record
No loans to his name
Documents submitted: all the standard documents listed in the spreadsheet. He DID NOT submit an I-134. He just had a letter of support from our father, and father's and his own bank statements.

His interview was scheduled for 8 am. He was told to give his interview letter to an officer in the waiting room, otherwise they WOULD NOT KNOW HE WAS THERE.
The officer looked through his documents. He was asked for his diploma, but he hasn't received that yet, so he just showed the officer his transcripts.
He was asked a few basic questions from his I-485, just confirming the answers he had given.
My brother had made a mistake with the date he had moved out of one his previous addresses (he was not aware of this mistake till the officer asked him when he had moved out of that house). The officer corrected the date and moved on.
My brother has one traffic citation which he listed on the form. He was not asked about it.
At the end, after my brother had signed the paper, the officer asked him who had paid for his education, and what my father does.
The officer then told him to check his case status online, and that it should be updated within the hour. He would be informed if they needed any more documents, and that "based on your timeline, we might give you a call".

And that was it. We checked his case status about 10 minutes after the end of his interview, and it said New Card is Being Produced.

All in all, very straightforward interview. I'm not quite sure what the officer meant by 'based on your timeline'. Maybe referring to the fact that my brother has already graduated but hasn't applied for an OPT, so he would have had to leave the US soon if it weren't for this?

Anyway, so glad this is over! Again we are so grateful for this forum and all the people on it. Thank you!

that's great news,, congratulations to ur brother and to you too.

Hi everyone!
My brother had his interview today.
His case status now says 'New Card is Being Produced'
We're hoping this means the case has been approved. There are no steps after this other than waiting for the mail, right?

I will update with interview details in a bit!

Congratulations to your brother!!! While I’m patiently waiting on my interview letter to arrive, it indeed makes me feel better seeing that there’s light in the end of the tunnel... Waiting for interview details :)

I am glad to hear the good news about your brother! I do have a question though. You mentioned that your brother has a traffic citation which he listed on the form. By that do you mean that he answered "yes" to question 25 in form I-485? Did he use the additional information space to explain the citation? My husband had a traffic citation for speeding and we weren't sure how to answer that question. Some google searches revealed mixed opinions...

No kids
No criminal record
No loans to his name

Thank you for your brothers interview update!! I-134 part is particularly helpful!!! Very happy for you guys!

Congratulations to your brother!!! While I’m patiently waiting on my interview letter to arrive, it indeed makes me feel better seeing that there’s light in the end of the tunnel... Waiting for interview details :)
Thanks so much! I'm thinking that maybe since he was a student in his last semester, they may have sped up his process a bit.
But hang in there and good luck!

I am glad to hear the good news about your brother! I do have a question though. You mentioned that your brother has a traffic citation which he listed on the form. By that do you mean that he answered "yes" to question 25 in form I-485? Did he use the additional information space to explain the citation? My husband had a traffic citation for speeding and we weren't sure how to answer that question. Some google searches revealed mixed opinions...
You're welcome!
He had a traffic citation a few years ago, and he couldn't remember if he had pled guilty or no contest. So he answered yes, and then explained further in the additional information section.
How did you end up answering the question? I believe if a person has made any errors in filling the form, the interview officer just corrects them and moves along. So hopefully nothing to worry about!

Thank you for your brothers interview update!! I-134 part is particularly helpful!!! Very happy for you guys!
Thank you so much! He was originally planning to take it to the interview, but wasn't able to have any of our uncles fill it in time. But luckily he wasn't even asked about it.

Last edited:
You're welcome!
He had a traffic citation a few years ago, and he couldn't remember if he had pled guilty or no contest. So he answered yes, and then explained further in the additional information section.
How did you end up answering the question? I believe if a person has made any errors in filling the form, the interview officer just corrects them and moves along. So hopefully nothing to worry about!
We haven't submitted our AOS package yet so we can still change our answer. We were leaning towards a no initially but seeing that your brother answered yes with no issues, we might answer yes as well. My husband had to appear in court and pay some fines but since that was his first offense, his record was cleared afterwards.

We haven't submitted our AOS package yet so we can still change our answer. We were leaning towards a no initially but seeing that your brother answered yes with no issues, we might answer yes as well. My husband had to appear in court and pay some fines but since that was his first offense, his record was cleared afterwards.
If I recall correctly, the instructions say that you have to mention any citations regardless of whether they were cleared from the records or not. And I also remember reading someone's interview description from last year's timeline where they hadn't mentioned traffic citations, and the officer added them to the form at interview.
In any case, your husband handled it through the proper legal avenue, so I would think you should go ahead and say yes. :)

This shouldn’t be a “might” option. Answering “NO” will be an incorrect response which could be termed as withholding of pertinent information. The right response is “Yes” regardless of the disposition/outcome.

you don’t answer based on whether or not you think there will be “issues”, you answer truthfully.
something that may not be an issue or be a small issue immigration wise can become a big issue if it turns out you intentionally made a false statement on an immigration document under penalty of perjury.
Btw when it comes to immigration, it doesn’t matter if records were cleared, expunged, purged, whatever, you need to report it.

If I recall correctly, the instructions say that you have to mention any citations regardless of whether they were cleared from the records or not. And I also remember reading someone's interview description from last year's timeline where they hadn't mentioned traffic citations, and the officer added them to the form at interview.
In any case, your husband handled it through the proper legal avenue, so I would think you should go ahead and say yes. :)
This shouldn’t be a “might” option. Answering “NO” will be an incorrect response which could be termed as withholding of pertinent information. The right response is “Yes” regardless of the disposition/outcome.
you don’t answer based on whether or not you think there will be “issues”, you answer truthfully.
something that may not be an issue or be a small issue immigration wise can become a big issue if it turns out you intentionally made a false statement on an immigration document under penalty of perjury.
Btw when it comes to immigration, it doesn’t matter if records were cleared, expunged, purged, whatever, you need to report it.
By just reading the instructions of the form I-485, I agree that it is clear that the answer should be yes. But then we did some google searches and that's when we weren't so sure anymore because some people said the answer should be yes, others said no. My goal is indeed to answer truthfully (not whether there will be issues with my answer).