• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Good morning @Sm1smom
Yesterday I spoke to a second level representative and she sent an expedite request for my case. She told me to wait between 5 and 10 mins. This morning I called the Kcc to check if my FO requested my case and the woman said that they didn't request it and suggested me that if i am ready to be scheduled for an interview, to call uscis and tell to them that they have to request my case at kcc.

Do you think it is better to call Uscis to say that?
They are not sending a request for the field office to expedite your case though the KCC, they are sending a request for the field office to get back to you with an update expeditiously.

@Britsimon I had a question regarding Nepal being generally cutoff at around 15,000 and each country having a maximum of 3,500 visas issued.

I have a low 4,000 number and my case is current. It will be another 1 month for me to prepare my application for AOS. Give another 2-3 months for processing so by the time they review my application it will be June/July. What are the implications for me if the cutoff of 15,000 comes before June and/or visas issued to Nepal reaches 3,500 before June? How likely is for this to occur?

Dear @Sm1smom, I hope you can assist.

My case number is 2020EU51XXX...I am the main applicant (F2 visa holder, my spouse - F1/OPT).

Initially, we were planning to do AoS, but taking into consideration that the case number is SO high and MIGHT get current later this year, it seems to us that doing CP is a better option (more feasible) as AoS can take much longer.

In general, we are ready to leave the country to do CP once we have 2NL.

I have an email request for scanned documents from KCC (dated Oct 2019) which is still was not answered. DS-260 is also not filed yet.

So, my questions are:

1. If I file DS-260 and put AoS as preferred option, would I be able to change to CP later? By unlocking DS?

2. Re scanned documents - as per your excel file, police certificates are not required if people do AoS, only in case of CP. I am planning to submit all the documents to KCC next week WITHOUT these police certificates (and both I and my spouse were in US more than a year now, so we NEED them in case of CP).

So, I at some point we change to CP, should I send an additional email to KCC WITH the police certificates? Will they accept them?

And more importantly, we do we get them being in US?

I am asking because I have a feeling that in our case, we need to do CP instead and in that case police certificates are needed...

THANK YOU

@Gata2203 , just on one thing, police certificates for CP are never required from the US no matter how long you lived there - the fbi checks cover all that. So you will only need them from other countries for CP.

You don't need to submit docs to KCC for AOS by the way.

@Britsimon I had a question regarding Nepal being generally cutoff at around 15,000 and each country having a maximum of 3,500 visas issued.

I have a low 4,000 number and my case is current. It will be another 1 month for me to prepare my application for AOS. Give another 2-3 months for processing so by the time they review my application it will be June/July. What are the implications for me if the cutoff of 15,000 comes before June and/or visas issued to Nepal reaches 3,500 before June? How likely is for this to occur?

If they apply the cap (based on the 7%) then it can mean no visa - on CP or AOS. How likely is this - I will consult my crystal ball and get right back to you.

If they apply the cap (based on the 7%) then it can mean no visa - on CP or AOS. How likely is this - I will consult my crystal ball and get right back to you.

cap is more likely a problem for AOS though if it is one of the last few cases.

Not aware of any case (and countries reaching caps has been rare) where the cap has been reached before August ?

@Gata2203 , just on one thing, police certificates for CP are never required from the US no matter how long you lived there - the fbi checks cover all that. So you will only need them from other countries for CP.

Thank you, noted!

You don't need to submit docs to KCC for AOS by the way.

But what if I would need to switch between AoS to CP as I mentioned above? Should I then reply to KCC's email?

Sorry, for those stupid questions, but all these things are making me nervous.

Best regards

But what if I would need to switch between AoS to CP as I mentioned above? Should I then reply to KCC's email?

Sorry, for those stupid questions, but all these things are making me nervous.

Best regards

i maybe suggest you draw up your own spreadsheet with AOS in one column and CP in another, and list the steps required for each separately, so that you don’t get confused between the two.
Yes if you do CP KCC needs the documents or you won’t get an interview scheduled.

Dear @Sm1smom, I hope you can assist.

My case number is 2020EU51XXX...I am the main applicant (F2 visa holder, my spouse - F1/OPT).

Initially, we were planning to do AoS, but taking into consideration that the case number is SO high and MIGHT get current later this year, it seems to us that doing CP is a better option (more feasible) as AoS can take much longer.

In general, we are ready to leave the country to do CP once we have 2NL.

I have an email request for scanned documents from KCC (dated Oct 2019) which is still was not answered. DS-260 is also not filed yet.

So, my questions are:

1. If I file DS-260 and put AoS as preferred option, would I be able to change to CP later? By unlocking DS?

2. Re scanned documents - as per your excel file, police certificates are not required if people do AoS, only in case of CP. I am planning to submit all the documents to KCC next week WITHOUT these police certificates (and both I and my spouse were in US more than a year now, so we NEED them in case of CP).

So, I at some point we change to CP, should I send an additional email to KCC WITH the police certificates? Will they accept them?

And more importantly, we do we get them being in US?

I am asking because I have a feeling that in our case, we need to do CP instead and in that case police certificates are needed...

THANK YOU

1. You’ll need to contact KCC and inform them you wish to change from AOS to CP. Bear in mind KCC will need enough time to process your documents before scheduling your CP interview.

2. There’s no need to submit your documents to KCC if you’re selecting AOS as your processing option on the DS260 form. KCC will not process those forms, that will not buy you any time if you later on decide to switch to CP since KCC wouldn’t have bothered with those documents.
2b. If going the CP route all your documents, including the applicable PCC, must be submitted together or your document submission will be considered incomplete. KCC will not waste their time processing incomplete documents. No PCC from the US required.

So make up your mind as to with processing option works for you and proceed accordingly.

hi my number is current for last visa bulten. so ı started to fill forms and get everything done. ı havent pay any fee yet but ı just saw at the form that ı need to add recieve of my DV payment to my AOS package documents is it okay if ı just do money order and make acopy of ıt and the the package? cuz ıt says usually takes 2-4 weeks to get receipt from DV.
and also should ı sent the copies of every documents and documents or they have to be original documents and forms ?

hi my number is current for last visa bulten. so ı started to fill forms and get everything done. ı havent pay any fee yet but ı just saw at the form that ı need to add recieve of my DV payment to my AOS package documents is it okay if ı just do money order and make acopy of ıt and the the package? cuz ıt says usually takes 2-4 weeks to get receipt from DV.
and also should ı sent the copies of every documents and documents or they have to be original documents and forms ?
Send the DV payment now. Meanwhile you can prepare on your AOS package. If you still haven't received the DV receipt after two weeks, then email KCC and ask for a receipt. They will email you a copy.
You should send copies of each documents unless they request the original, and all the filled forms should be original.

Send the DV payment now. Meanwhile you can prepare on your AOS package. If you still haven't received the DV receipt after two weeks, then email KCC and ask for a receipt. They will email you a copy.
You should send copies of each documents unless they request the original, and all the filled forms should be original.
well actually ı have been preparing my aos package and ı almost finished it. I just noticed that ı need a receipt from DV ı thought copy of money order will be enough :(

well actually ı have been preparing my aos package and ı almost finished it. I just noticed that ı need a receipt from DV ı thought copy of money order will be enough :(

Copy of money order is not proof of payment so that will not be acceptable. You need the payment receipt itself.

How long should I wait before calling USCIS since today it's a month that I had my biometrics done, San Francisco FO. I checked past few year's timelines and tentatively it took them between 1-6 months to get interview scheduled but I was just wondering will calling USCIS help in any way?

Thank you for your help everyone.

How long should I wait before calling USCIS since today it's a month that I had my biometrics done, San Francisco FO. I checked past few year's timelines and tentatively it took them between 1-6 months to get interview scheduled but I was just wondering will calling USCIS help in any way?

Thank you for your help everyone.

Hmmm @Britsimon , is SF one of the FOs thst batches DVs?

1. You’ll need to contact KCC and inform them you wish to change from AOS to CP. Bear in mind KCC will need enough time to process your documents before scheduling your CP interview.

2. There’s no need to submit your documents to KCC if you’re selecting AOS as your processing option on the DS260 form. KCC will not process those forms, that will not buy you any time if you later on decide to switch to CP since KCC wouldn’t have bothered with those documents.
2b. If going the CP route all your documents, including the applicable PCC, must be submitted together or your document submission will be considered incomplete. KCC will not waste their time processing incomplete documents. No PCC from the US required.

So make up your mind as to with processing option works for you and proceed accordingly.

Thank you so much for your response @Sm1smom !! Very helpful! Just to confirm one more time, do I need to collect Police certificates if the only country I was in for more than a year is the USA? Or not as @SusieQQQ mentioned earlier?
Thank you!

I had my biometrics at Oakland ASC.
I guess I messed up with the FO info.
what do you mean? Oakland ASC processes for SF FO.

Some FOs “batch” DV cases - they wait till they have a number and then process them all around the same time. Remember September is their only real target, there is no need for them to rush interviews especially early in the FY. I seem to recall SF is one of the ones that does this but not sure.