• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom! As I said on the comment above I got the interview letter before my biometrics are scheduled. One member suggested that I should contact USCIS about it. In your opinion should I contact USCIS or should I just wait until my interview? Thank you for all your help throughout this process!!!

Hi @Sm1smom! As I said on the comment above I got the interview letter before my biometrics are scheduled. One member suggested that I should contact USCIS about it. In your opinion should I contact USCIS or should I just wait until my interview? Thank you for all your help throughout this process!!!

You can safely ignore the suggestion IMO. Calling USCIS ahead of time to inform them you’re yet to do your bio will not lead to the implied possibility of being approved at the end of the interview in such a situation. The process does not work that way. Save your breath and save yourself from the stress of a none eventful call.

Like I already explained to the first person who reported receiving the IL while their bio schedule is pending, one of three things can happen when you show up for your interview while you bio schedule is pending:
1. Your IO may decide to reschedule the interview appointment for another day until the bio has been completed (I consider this the worst case scenario)
2. Your IO may decide to go ahead with the interview but will be unable to approve the case. In this case they will ask you to leave at the end of the interview and wait to receive the bio notification at some later that.
3. Your IO may decide you can do the bio and the interview at the FO on the same day. But will still not be able to approve your case that same day as they need to wait for the outcome of the background check first. I consider this the best case scenario, killing two birds with one stone even if you have to wait a while for the final decision.

Good morning @Sm1smom
Sorry to bother you again. The card has not been sent yet. I am wondering if it is ok now to use my EAD since my 485 is approved.

GC typically shows up within two weeks of the welcome letter being received. So be a bit more patient, you’ve waited this long. The EAD technically speaking is no longer valid with GC approval, so just wait and start on a clean slate.

GC typically shows up within two weeks of the welcome letter being received. So be a bit more patient, you’ve waited this long. The EAD technically speaking is no longer valid with GC approval, so just wait and start on a clean slate.
Ok, thank you very much again. I will follow your suggestion

Good morning @Sm1smom
Sorry to bother you again. The card has not been sent yet. I am wondering if it is ok now to use my EAD since my 485 is approved.
Hi Giovanna, I have only received an approval notice so far. What does the welcome letter look like? I thought the welcome letter and card would arrive together. May be I am missing something here?

Hello @Sm1smom

Recently a person with the same FO as me received an interview invitation (@ysim). What got me worried is that this is a ‘fresh’ invitation however I’m sitting here waiting for my interview to be rescheduled (it was supposed to happen on 4/13).

Is there a way to call USCIS and ask if my interview has been rescheduled already? Where I can find a number to call?

Sorry I’m not experienced in calling USCIS and before I just tried to patiently wait, but the stress of being in this process since November is too much

Hi Giovanna, I have only received an approval notice so far. What does the welcome letter look like? I thought the welcome letter and card would arrive together. May be I am missing something here?
Hi!!Sometimes they arrive together, sometimes they don't. Nothing do not worry, it is just a letter where they said my case has been approved. Case approved June 19, letter received the 26th. So, I am just waiting for the card and then I am finally done with this waiting time

Hello @Sm1smom

Recently a person with the same FO as me received an interview invitation (@ysim). What got me worried is that this is a ‘fresh’ invitation however I’m sitting here waiting for my interview to be rescheduled (it was supposed to happen on 4/13).

Is there a way to call USCIS and ask if my interview has been rescheduled already? Where I can find a number to call?

Sorry I’m not experienced in calling USCIS and before I just tried to patiently wait, but the stress of being in this process since November is too much

Couple of ways to contact USCIS or initiate case follow up:

1. Call customer service +1-800-375-5283

2. Initiate an eRequest - Case follow up

3. Initiate a congressional inquiry - identify your house of rep and ask them to assist by contacting USCIS on your behalf - House of Rep Finder

Caution: don’t utilize all three methods at the same time. Consider each one an escalation means of following up, if there’s no satisfactory response from a previous follow up attempt.

Thank you for providing this information!
I've called customer service and they told me there is no interview scheduled for me, so I just have to sit and wait again. Going to file a eRequest if nothing changes in a couple weeks.

Yes, initiate an eRequest if there’s no update by the end of next week.

Hello,

I am transferring my application from KCC to USCIS hoping it will go through. I am currently employed in the US with E2 visa.
USCIS mentions the list of support documents below:
Submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:
  • Two passport photos
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Form I 693
  • Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
  • Copy of passport page with admission (entry) or parole stamp (if applicable)
  • Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record
  • Certified copies of court records (if the individual has been arrested)
  • Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
  • Copy of the receipt from DOS for the diversity visa lottery processing fee
  • Form I- 601 (if applicable)
  • Applicable fees
My questions are :
Do I also need to fill Form I-944 and Form I-864?
What makes Form I-601 applicable?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I am transferring my application from KCC to USCIS hoping it will go through. I am currently employed in the US with E2 visa.
  • Two passport photos
  • Form I 693
  • Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
  • Applicable fees
My questions are :

Thank you in advance!
Go the page one of this tread (post1) and there's a link to a spreadsheet. In that spreadsheet, you will find all the information are listed to do the AoS.

Hello,

• Two passport photos
  • Form I 693
  • Applicable fees
My questions are :

Thank you in advance!
As above - examine the spreadsheet. It explains it better. Yes to i944, no to i864 (not applicable to DV). I601 is a waiver form for if you have previously been found inadmissible to the US, presumably not applicable to you (and with a general processing time of a year or more is a death knell to any DV applicant who might need it).

hi everyone, i hope all doing well.

can u guys tell me how can i know where my case is ??

what are the steps to know case location ?

@Sm1smom

Today is my 21st day of waiting for the response from USCIS. Nothing. No one attempted to charge my credit card.
I thought the package could be shipped to some other/wrong place, checked with UPS again - it is all fine and I found that the person who accepted my UPS package (box) named Harper must be a "well-known" person there at USCIS... I read other forums, this person usually gets Fedex/UPS packages at Chicago lockbox. It seems those who sent via USPS got the response faster.

So, the point is - the package is there and it's making me nervous why there is no any response. USCIS call centers says Lockbox has 30 days to hear from them, so they just advised to wait further...

I emailed to Lockbox but no response so far either.

What would I need to do in the next 7-9 days if no response is heard from USCIS?

Thank you.

Last edited:
@Sm1smom

Today is my 21st day of waiting for the response from USCIS. Nothing. No one attempted to charge my credit card.
I thought the package could be shipped to some other/wrong place, checked with UPS again - it is all fine and I found that the person who accepted my UPS package (box) named Harper must be a "well-known" person there at USCIS... I read other forums, this person usually gets Fedex/UPS packages at Chicago lockbox. It seems those who sent via USPS got the response faster.

So, the point is - the package is there and it's making me nervous why there is no any response. USCIS call centers says Lockbox has 30 days to hear from them, so they just advised to wait further...

I emailed to Lockbox but no response so far either.

What would I need to do in the next 7-9 days if no response is heard from USCIS?

Thank you.

You can call the USCIS number again or wait the recommended 30 days.