• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

It is really weird and unfair if they decide to open select field offices just based on being on a hotspot or not.

What happens if they keep our field office closed beginning June 4?
Would they transfer our case to a new field office for jurisdiction?
What do you base this opinion on? Is there a mention somewhere about this selective openings?

EDIT:
I see that they have updated on USCIS website that certain offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public.
ASCs remain closed though.

Last edited:
What do you base this opinion on? Is there a mention somewhere about this selective openings?

EDIT:
I see that they have updated on USCIS website that certain offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public.
ASCs remain closed though.

Oh, You are right. I didn't notice that. On homepage It says "Application support centers will resume services later. " But on News section of the website it says:

Application Support Centers
USCIS will automatically reschedule any necessary ASC appointments that were cancelled due to the temporary office closure. Individuals will receive a new appointment letter in the mail with specific safety requirements. Individuals who appear at a date or time other than what is listed on the ASC appointment notice may encounter significant processing delays, except for military members.

It is really weird and unfair if they decide to open select field offices just based on being on a hotspot or not.

(And if you worked for uscis you might consider it unfair to be forced to go to work and be at high risk in a hotspot just because people in safer areas can go, especially if you depend on public transport to get to work.) The actual way to look at this imo is that uscis is trying to start where it can rather than waiting until it is ok everywhere.

Consequences will be you wouldn’t know what it is USCIS sent you which may subsequently impact your case. After exhausting all means of getting an answer from USPS as to what happened to your mail, you can contact USCIS 1800 number to let them know of the non delivery and request a new copy be sent - no guarantee they will send it though.
Hopefully. Thank you for your help

Weird and unfair? No. Unfortunate and sad? Yeah, maybe. Absolutely nothing weird or unfair if some FOs are able to resume face to face public service while others cannot. Some areas of the country are clearly more impacted by COVID-19 than others.

All the FOs will be working at catching up when they reopen, they will be pretty busy. Cases will most likely not be moved around FOs. The FOs adjudicate a lot more than a few DV based AOS cases. When FOs in places like New York and Chicago gets closed due to inclement weather, it wasn’t considered weird and unfair (and wouldn’t be if that were to happen again).

Dear @Sm1smom ,

I would appreciate if you could assist with the below question.

I'm stuck with with getting a credit report and score for myself (for I-944 purposes). Q.11 of I-944 Form (Credit Report and Score) asks for it.

My situation is that I cannot retrieve it online as I don't have SSN and/or TIN (F2 visa holder) as I am not eligible to work in US. The same for my kids but I can recall you answered before that as minors they are NOT expected to have these reports and scores.

I contacted Equifax, sent them a written request to either send me the report (explained that I don't have SSN) or to issue a confirmation that NO report can be issued for me (absence of credit history). It's certainly going to take time for them to process it and no one can say when the reply can be obtained.

I personally used the credit card that is tied to my husband's credit card (he is F1 OPT) but my spending does not create the credit history to my name. Though my husband retrieved his credit report without any problems.

In Nov 2019 I opened my own credit card (backed up by deposit and the bank opened it without SSN) for a small amount, used it for 3 months so far, there are no delays in repaying it and I can show and provide these statements to USCIS (so no other documents have my name - no utility bills etc except this credit card with small limit).

The option now (as I found from other immigration forums) is to provide USCIS with the Sworn Statement of No US Credit History with the following wording:

" To whom it may concern,

As am applicant for permanent residence who is subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility, I understand that I must provide my US credit report and credit score as a Part of I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency.

I do not have a Social Security Number. As such, each of the three credit agencies is unable to generate a credit report or credit score for me.

I swear, under the penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Sincerely,

XXXX"

So, although I don't have SSN and cannot get any credit report online because of that, I am NOT sure that sending such above letter of statement might be correct, taking into account that I DO have a credit card, have some minor limit and made spending under it. So, I cannot say that I don't have a credit history.

I still will be waiting for the official response from Equifax (whichever it is going to be) but in the meantime, I am ready to send the package without Equifax response and putting such sworn statement of No US credit history if that might be a good option taking into account my situation...

What would be your opinion? Wouldn't it be misleading statement?

Thank you very much in advance.

Have you reached out to USPS as recommended though?
Yes, i marked the non delivered mail as not delivered in the informed delivery website and filed finding missing mail through USPS website. I am planning to call them tomorrow as well. i think they dont work during the weekend. Thank you Mom.

Dear @Sm1smom ,

I would appreciate if you could assist with the below question.

I'm stuck with with getting a credit report and score for myself (for I-944 purposes). Q.11 of I-944 Form (Credit Report and Score) asks for it.

My situation is that I cannot retrieve it online as I don't have SSN and/or TIN (F2 visa holder) as I am not eligible to work in US. The same for my kids but I can recall you answered before that as minors they are NOT expected to have these reports and scores.

I contacted Equifax, sent them a written request to either send me the report (explained that I don't have SSN) or to issue a confirmation that NO report can be issued for me (absence of credit history). It's certainly going to take time for them to process it and no one can say when the reply can be obtained.

I personally used the credit card that is tied to my husband's credit card (he is F1 OPT) but my spending does not create the credit history to my name. Though my husband retrieved his credit report without any problems.

In Nov 2019 I opened my own credit card (backed up by deposit and the bank opened it without SSN) for a small amount, used it for 3 months so far, there are no delays in repaying it and I can show and provide these statements to USCIS (so no other documents have my name - no utility bills etc except this credit card with small limit).

The option now (as I found from other immigration forums) is to provide USCIS with the Sworn Statement of No US Credit History with the following wording:

" To whom it may concern,

As am applicant for permanent residence who is subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility, I understand that I must provide my US credit report and credit score as a Part of I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency.

I do not have a Social Security Number. As such, each of the three credit agencies is unable to generate a credit report or credit score for me.

I swear, under the penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Sincerely,

XXXX"

So, although I don't have SSN and cannot get any credit report online because of that, I am NOT sure that sending such above letter of statement might be correct, taking into account that I DO have a credit card, have some minor limit and made spending under it. So, I cannot say that I don't have a credit history.

I still will be waiting for the official response from Equifax (whichever it is going to be) but in the meantime, I am ready to send the package without Equifax response and putting such sworn statement of No US credit history if that might be a good option taking into account my situation...

What would be your opinion? Wouldn't it be misleading statement?

Thank you very much in advance.

A credit report cannot be generated if you have no SSN tied to your secured credit card (which is what I’m assuming you have going by your description).
Try to generate an online report from Annual Credit or Credit Karma, or even from one of the 3 major credit agencies which should generate a return that says no credit report found (since you have no SSN). Print out/screenshot the result and include it with your package, in place of your written statement.

@Sm1smom is it OK to send AOS package without Tax transcript, and provide it upon request or at the interview?
I have Tax Returns and W-2. However, per I-944 it must be Tax transcript.

I have some issues with getting the online account on the IRS website. They don't send the transcript via mail either, currently.

I wanted to send the AOS package on Monday the 1st. I just wanted to find out if it can be considered as a reason for the case denial.

Exercise some PATIENCE! You’ve been exploring different ways of “expediting” your case when you’ve not even scheduled for a bio yet.
That's exactly what makes me worried. If I already had my biometrics done I would not care about my interview. I'm worried my background check is going to take longer than normal because unlike many people in this forum I'm from a country where people may undergo a long background check.

How do emergency in-person services work? Can we ask for an emergency biometrics appointment?

That's exactly what makes me worried. If I already had my biometrics done I would not care about my interview. I'm worried my background check is going to take longer than normal because unlike many people in this forum I'm from a country where people may undergo a long background check.

How do emergency in-person services work? Can we ask for an emergency biometrics appointment?

Regardless, you cannot make the NBC expeditiously schedule your bio. They have a process in place for scheduling bio appointments, that is what they will follow once they begin rescheduling cancelled/scheduling new bio appointments. A potential prolonged background check is not considered an emergency.

And if you think you meet one of the expedite criteria, as listed below, then go ahead and request one:

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
  • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

A credit report cannot be generated if you have no SSN tied to your secured credit card (which is what I’m assuming you have going by your description).
Try to generate an online report from Annual Credit or Credit Karma, or even from one of the 3 major credit agencies which should generate a return that says no credit report found (since you have no SSN). Print out/screenshot the result and include it with your package, in place of your written statement.

Thank you Mom.

I have a question as I am not sure I got your advice right:

are we talking about attaching (to the sworn statement of No US credit history) as supporting documents screenshots from these agencies showing that I cannot get report because of the absence of SSN?

I am sure you understand the fact that I cannot generate a return saying that no report found because without SSN I cannot get any further. Those online services would not let me in without SSN, asking to enter my SSN.

Herebelow the screenshot from Annual CreditReport.com

1590980054586.png

@Sm1smom is it OK to send AOS package without Tax transcript, and provide it upon request or at the interview?
I have Tax Returns and W-2. However, per I-944 it must be Tax transcript.

I have some issues with getting the online account on the IRS website. They don't send the transcript via mail either, currently.

I wanted to send the AOS package on Monday the 1st. I just wanted to find out if it can be considered as a reason for the case denial.

Please read this post

Gata2203, I had absolutely the same problem. I tried all possible bureaus and they all need social (even tools like credit karma need it)
Thus, I just attached a note telling there is no credit score for my wife and we can't obtain the empty report due to this.
Hopefully, it will work.

Thank you Mom.

I have a question as I am not sure I got your advice right:

are we talking about attaching (to the sworn statement of No US credit history) as supporting documents screenshots from these agencies showing that I cannot get report because of the absence of SSN?

I am sure you understand the fact that I cannot generate a return saying that no report found because without SSN I cannot get any further. Those online services would not let me in without SSN, asking to enter my SSN.

Herebelow the screenshot from Annual CreditReport.com

View attachment 1662

This is what I suggested sending in with your package in place of your written statement. It clearly shows you cannot generate a credit report since you do not have a SSN. Of course you can attach it to your written statement if you like.

Regardless, you cannot make the NBC expeditiously schedule your bio. They have a process in place for scheduling bio appointments, that is what they will follow once they begin rescheduling cancelled/scheduling new bio appointments. A potential prolonged background check is not considered an emergency.
Here it says: "DV lottery applicants will be scheduled for biometrics through the normal system; however, if necessary, the Field Office may send the applicant to the ASC to expedite the capture of biometrics and fingerprints."

So if my case is already in the field office, the FO cannot send me to the ASC regardless of how NBC's scheduling system works?