• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi. Thank you for all the info. I finally got my package together. Sorry for stupid question but what is the address for Chicago lockbox?

Hi Mom,
Is it normal to be waiting for more than 5 days for a delivery from USPS? I have been waiting for the USCIS response letter after submitting my application to the Chicago Lockbox, the informed delivery has notified me saying that one of mail which is a response letter from USCIS will be arriving soon however after 5 days still there is no mail been delivered. Do i have to worry about it? thanks

Hi Mom,
Is it normal to be waiting for more than 5 days for a delivery from USPS? I have been waiting for the USCIS response letter after submitting my application to the Chicago Lockbox, the informed delivery has notified me saying that one of mail which is a response letter from USCIS will be arriving soon however after 5 days still there is no mail been delivered. Do i have to worry about it? thanks

Report the non-receipt to USPS.

Daveid, did you get your acceptance text or email by the way(G-1145)? According to the spreadsheet, it usually comes 1-2 weeks after your application is delivered to Chicago lockbox.

Good morning @Sm1smom
Finally Thursday I was able to send the documents requested by my Field Office.
3 weeks ago I contacted the congressman explaining my situation. In particular, I let them notice that in the past some applications have been approved without interview. After a week, I received a requested for evidence, which were 1) corrections in the medical form and 2) prove that I maintained my visa status valid. At the end, I finally was able to get a sealed envelope from my college and I included transcripts, grades/registration history, and the I 20.
- So, do you think that they sent the RFE with the purpose to approve my petition without interview as suggested by the caseworker?
- how long it could take to hear from them after sending the documents?

Hopefully the mail will be found, but in case if its lost, what would be the consequences? is there any way to communicate with USCIS inform them and ask regarding the siutuation? thanks

Consequences will be you wouldn’t know what it is USCIS sent you which may subsequently impact your case. After exhausting all means of getting an answer from USPS as to what happened to your mail, you can contact USCIS 1800 number to let them know of the non delivery and request a new copy be sent - no guarantee they will send it though.

Good morning @Sm1smom
Finally Thursday I was able to send the documents requested by my Field Office.
3 weeks ago I contacted the congressman explaining my situation. In particular, I let them notice that in the past some applications have been approved without interview. After a week, I received a requested for evidence, which were 1) corrections in the medical form and 2) prove that I maintained my visa status valid. At the end, I finally was able to get a sealed envelope from my college and I included transcripts, grades/registration history, and the I 20.
- So, do you think that they sent the RFE with the purpose to approve my petition without interview as suggested by the caseworker?
- how long it could take to hear from them after sending the documents?

1. That’s possible.
2. Unpredictable. Could be within the next couple of weeks. Could still take several months.

All,

Just curious to see if anybody is in the same boat as mine for the new form I-944. My wife and I filed our taxes jointly for 2019. The question under the household income is asking for the Gross income for my wife and me. Should I use the individual W2 income which adds up to IRS Tax Return Transcript or put total household income twice? As of now, I have put individual incomes from W2. Thank you!

It is really weird and unfair if they decide to open select field offices just based on being on a hotspot or not.

What happens if they keep our field office closed beginning June 4?
Would they transfer our case to a new field office for jurisdiction?