• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Yes we filled two G-1450 forms. Well, this is how it showed in our online account. the money was withdrawn by Chicago lockbox then returned and our balance remains the same. I have no idea what exactly happened

I believe that form is for credit card payments, not debit cards. Sounds like you used your debit card information which is why you could tell money was withdrawn and returned to your account. My guess is your package is being returned for that reason. You were supposed to have used a check if you wanted the payment withdrawn directly from your account, or the form for an actual credit card which is not directly tied to your bank account.

Either that or package is being returned due to use of outdated I-485 forms.

I checked with my attorney and read the instructions for Form G-1450 and it says that they accept both debit and credit cards using this form.

I checked with my attorney and read the instructions for Form G-1450 and it says that they accept both debit and credit cards using this form.

Maybe I’m missing something - can you show where on the instruction it says G-1450 can be used for debit card payments?

I just checked and it turns out the problem is with my card's daily limit. It won't cover both applications. How much time do you think before they return the package? And should I mail it with the checks right away or is there a waiting period?

I just checked and it turns out the problem is with my card's daily limit. It won't cover both applications. How much time do you think before they return the package? And should I mail it with the checks right away or is there a waiting period?

You can re-file immediately after receiving the returned package

It's mentioned in the Form I-944 that we must include a letter or other evidence (besides the health insurance cards) from health insurance company showing that we have enrolled in, with the start and end (renew) date. I've contacted with the company and at this time they can't provide such letter.

Can I instead write a letter stating that due to the current situation with pandemic, insurance company can't provide such letter? But I'm including copy of our valid insurance cards and printed web-page with the list of enrolled people (member id's, etc.).

Thank you.

It's mentioned in the Form I-944 that we must include a letter or other evidence (besides the health insurance cards) from health insurance company showing that we have enrolled in, with the start and end (renew) date. I've contacted with the company and at this time they can't provide such letter.

Can I instead write a letter stating that due to the current situation with pandemic, insurance company can't provide such letter? But I'm including copy of our valid insurance cards and printed web-page with the list of enrolled people (member id's, etc.).

Thank you.

Yes you can

Hello, if a pending asylum seeker in the USA wins the dv lottery can he/she schedule the interview in 3rd countries instead of their home country ? I have this doubt because few of them suggested me.
Thank you.

Good morning @Sm1smom
3 days ago, a 2 level representative contacted my field office about my case.
Here is the response:
We are unable to move forward with your application until the FO has received your file from the National Benefits center. Once the office has received your file, your application will be adjudicate in a timely manner"
Can you please advice me?
1)Does it mean that my background check is not completed?
2) does it mean that my package is still not at the FO?
Thank you in advance

Good morning @Sm1smom
3 days ago, a 2 level representative contacted my field office about my case.
Here is the response:
We are unable to move forward with your application until the FO has received your file from the National Benefits center. Once the office has received your file, your application will be adjudicate in a timely manner"
Can you please advice me?
1)Does it mean that my background check is not completed?
2) does it mean that my package is still not at the FO?
Thank you in advance
Actually, i just spoke to a 2 level representative, and he told me that NBC sent my file at the Hartford field office March 18. Before they were saying December.

Hello, if a pending asylum seeker in the USA wins the dv lottery can he/she schedule the interview in 3rd countries instead of their home country ? I have this doubt because few of them suggested me.
Thank you.

DV selectees cannot randomly select any country/embassy to be interviewed at. KCC schedules CP interviews based on the home address listed on the DS260 form. To interview in a 3rd country, KCC will need to be convinced of your ties to that country.

Actually, i just spoke to a 2 level representative, and he told me that NBC sent my file at the Hartford field office March 18. Before they were saying December.

Good to know your AOS file is now at your FO. Hopefully they get to schedule your interview as soon as USCIS resume in-person service. Hang in there!

Good to know your AOS file is now at your FO. Hopefully they get to schedule your interview as soon as USCIS resume in-person service. Hang in there!
I hope that is the truth, but i don t understand. The 23 in the email, my FO responded saying they did not receive the file from NBC yet. But now, the 2 level representative said that the National Benefit sent my file at the FO on March 18. If that was truth, why 4 days ago the FO said that in the mail...mah! I will wait and see

I hope that is the truth, but i don t understand. The 23 in the email, my FO responded saying they did not receive the file from NBC yet. But now, the 2 level representative said that the National Benefit sent my file at the FO on March 18. If that was truth, why 4 days ago the FO said that in the mail...mah! I will wait and see

The NBC typically doesn’t hold on to the AOS file - it usually gets sent to the FO once they (the NBC) have scheduled the bio appointment. However, it is not unusual for the FO to claim they’re yet to receive the AOS file from the NBC.

When it comes to cases pending interview, they can respond by saying that, they can also say the background check clearance is still pending. Regardless of what they say, all you can do is to remain patient, and regularly follow up like you’ve been doing. Whatever the truth is doesn’t matter IMO, all you be be concerned with is hoping you get scheduled soon.

Hi,

So based on the letter we got in the mail about 10 days ago, our Bio appointment is on March 31st. However, I believe that would not happen because of the closure. As we have not got any other mail either about cancelation or reschedule, should we contact the USCIS (or somewhere else) or just waited out?

Hi,

So based on the letter we got in the mail about 10 days ago, our Bio appointment is on March 31st. However, I believe that would not happen because of the closure. As we have not got any other mail either about cancelation or reschedule, should we contact the USCIS (or somewhere else) or just waited out?
Official communication is to wait for them to reschedule you once they know when they can reopen. “When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule Application Support Center appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail.https://www.uscis.gov/

Hello everybody. I really wished I had found this forum earlier on. So I'm a F1 student currently enrolled in San Francisco, I won the DV Lottery and I'm going to apply the AOS. My case number is SA15xx and it will be current in April.

Last year on June I did the medical exam because I misunderstood that the deadline of the fiscal year was September 30th, 2019 instead of September 30th this year. Does this mean that I will have to do the medical exam and for the civil surgeon to redo the I-693 form?
The other thing is that last year I completed the DS-260 online, notified the KCC about doing the AOC process. Since my number would not be met until this year I still haven't submitted the $330 dv lottery fee, do any of you know how long it would take to received the payment receipt?
My last question is what does SAE mean?

Thank you for your time!

Hello everybody. I really wished I had found this forum earlier on. So I'm a F1 student currently enrolled in San Francisco, I won the DV Lottery and I'm going to apply the AOS. My case number is SA15xx and it will be current in April.

Last year on June I did the medical exam because I misunderstood that the deadline of the fiscal year was September 30th, 2019 instead of September 30th this year. Does this mean that I will have to do the medical exam and for the civil surgeon to redo the I-693 form?
The other thing is that last year I completed the DS-260 online, notified the KCC about doing the AOC process. Since my number would not be met until this year I still haven't submitted the $330 dv lottery fee, do any of you know how long it would take to received the payment receipt?
My last question is what does SAE mean?

Thank you for your time!

1. A medical exam will be required.
2. Could be two to four weeks.
3. Stamped (some consider it “Self”) Addressed Envelope.