• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Yes, the current place is still our home. Thank you so much!

I seem to recall back in December you had similar questions because you posted about your husband living in a different State from you and that he was going to finish his program in December.

Because you guys got married after your DV selection, I recommended waiting until he graduated and returned in December before filing to ensure you guys present an above board case. It is rather surprising though that within December (when he supposedly moved back) and January (when you reported receiving your IL), he already leased another apartment in AZ. I have to say one of these stories isn’t adding up for me. For your sake, I hope you guys can defend your marriage if it comes under scrutiny during your interview.

hi,
sorry if my question was already done in the past, but I tried to find the list of form, but I was not able to find a real list of form.
as a AOS, I have to:
fill DS260, when I receive the email send the documents and then pay the 1250$
(should I do send the medical exams in the supporting documents, right?)
pay 330$ fee
my and my husband have a job, so never ask public charge, we have to fill the I-944 form.(right?)
Thanks

Is this the address that we should main our AOS package?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

hi,
sorry if my question was already done in the past, but I tried to find the list of form, but I was not able to find a real list of form.
as a AOS, I have to:
fill DS260, when I receive the email send the documents and then pay the 1250$
(should I do send the medical exams in the supporting documents, right?)
pay 330$ fee
my and my husband have a job, so never ask public charge, we have to fill the I-944 form.(right?)
Thanks

Go through the AOS process spreadsheet - it has a step by step guidance on what to do when and the list of the applicable forms.

I live in Illinois where the final rule isn't implemented yet. I'm reading the Public Charge Inadmissibility Determinations in Illinois web page where it provides an address to send "All applications filed by or on behalf of aliens in Illinois and who are subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility" which is in Nebraska. (it doesn't allow me to link the web page because it thinks that it's spam)

Just to clarify, that means I'll have to submit my AOS package to the Nebraska address rather than the Chicago lockbox?

Read post and review the links there.
I am aware of new changes to public charge and what Form I-944 is. I went through the form but I couldn't find anything related to sponsorship. I mean what should a person do with low income ? Does form I-944 stand for itself and it doesn't make any room to provide a document from a sponsor if petitioner is likely to be a public charge?

I am aware of new changes to public charge and what Form I-944 is. I went through the form but I couldn't find anything related to sponsorship. I mean what should a person do with low income ? Does form I-944 stand for itself and it doesn't make any room to provide a document from a sponsor if petitioner is likely to be a public charge?

They are trying to do away with “sponsorship” - it’s the reason they’re introducing the self sufficiency form. Starting Feb. 24th, AOSers will be required to show they’re unlikely to become a public charge by proving their self sufficiency with the I-944.

I seem to recall back in December you had similar questions because you posted about your husband living in a different State from you and that he was going to finish his program in December.

Because you guys got married after your DV selection, I recommended waiting until he graduated and returned in December before filing to ensure you guys present an above board case. It is rather surprising though that within December (when he supposedly moved back) and January (when you reported receiving your IL), he already leased another apartment in AZ. I have to say one of these stories isn’t adding up for me. For your sake, I hope you guys can defend your marriage if it comes under scrutiny during your interview.
He was getting his Masters degree in ID and then moved to VA in November. All this while I have been working in VA. Now he is doing his PhD in AZ. It did not make sense for us to defer his PhD admission for the sake of DV, which we may or may not end up getting. We did get married after the DV selection but rest assured, the marriage is genuine. We do realize that we will be grilled on this. Thank you though! :)

They are trying to do away with “sponsorship” - it’s the reason they’re introducing the self sufficiency form. Starting Feb. 24th, AOSers will be required to show they’re unlikely to become a public charge by proving their self sufficiency with the I-944.
Alright! I got it :)

Hi my lottery number is current on march and ı just got my dv receipt from kcc. So ı am planing to sent everything by monday.
1.ı am currently on f1 visa and ı have 14.5k saving acoount so is bank statement of account goıng to be enough for evidence of financial?
2. ı just wanna make sure ı should add my AOS money order in aos package and it has to be one money order total amount 1225 ? and where should ı sent to money order ?
3.If ı add polıcy memo for early filling will ı be okay depends of old experince ıf you know any ?
4.Also ı did my medical exam 24 of january should ı update or no neceserry at the moment ?

thank you for help .

Hi,
May I ask you how long it took to receive your DV receipt from KCC? I mean time between money order delivery to KCC and getting the receipt.

Hi my lottery number is current on march and ı just got my dv receipt from kcc. So ı am planing to sent everything by monday.
1.ı am currently on f1 visa and ı have 14.5k saving acoount so is bank statement of account goıng to be enough for evidence of financial?
2. ı just wanna make sure ı should add my AOS money order in aos package and it has to be one money order total amount 1225 ? and where should ı sent to money order ?
3.If ı add polıcy memo for early filling will ı be okay depends of old experince ıf you know any ?
4.Also ı did my medical exam 24 of january should ı update or no neceserry at the moment ?

thank you for help .

1. It May be okay. However I recommend getting an I -134 as a backup document for when you go for your interview.
2. Yes money order, personal check, or cashiers check should be mailed together with the AOS package.
3. You can add the early policy memo, it however doesn’t guarantee package acceptance or petition approval.
4. The current medical should be fine if you mail your package by Monday as planned.

I live in Illinois where the final rule isn't implemented yet. I'm reading the Public Charge Inadmissibility Determinations in Illinois web page where it provides an address to send "All applications filed by or on behalf of aliens in Illinois and who are subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility" which is in Nebraska. (it doesn't allow me to link the web page because it thinks that it's spam)

Just to clarify, that means I'll have to submit my AOS package to the Nebraska address rather than the Chicago lockbox?

That’s what USCIS’s Illinois site indicates

1. It May be okay. However I recommend getting an I -134 as a backup document for when you go for your interview.
2. Yes money order, personal check, or cashiers check should be mailed together with the AOS package.
3. You can add the early policy memo, it however doesn’t guarantee package acceptance or petition approval.
4. The current medical should be fine if you mail your package by Monday as planned.
1)so money order should sent to U.S. Department of Homeland Security right ?
2)it says The current edition of the Form I-485, dated 07/15/19 and 12/23/17: but they also published a new one so should ı use the new one or doesnt matter now ?

1)so money order should sent to U.S. Department of Homeland Security right ?
2)it says The current edition of the Form I-485, dated 07/15/19 and 12/23/17: but they also published a new one so should ı use the new one or doesnt matter now ?

1. Please pay attention to what you’re reading. How will the money order get “sent” to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” when I stated in my response the money order needs to be sent together with the AOS package? Are you sending your AOS package to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”? Addressing the money order to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” does not mean the money order gets “sent” to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

2. The two old editions are still acceptable until Feb. 23rd like the instruction says. There’s no issue with using either of those provided your package is post marked prior to Feb. 24th. However, you can use the new edition version now if you like

1. Please pay attention to what you’re reading. How will the money order get “sent” to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” when I stated in my response the money order needs to be sent together with the AOS package? Are you sending your AOS package to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”? Addressing the money order to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” does not mean the money order gets “sent” to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

2. The two old editions are still acceptable until Feb. 23rd like the instruction says. There’s no issue with using either of those provided your package is post marked prior to Feb. 24th. However, you can use the new edition version now if you like

oh sorry its my fault ı should say payable not sent. ı was trying to meant that ı need to make my money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security and then add my money order in aos package then sent all togetger to USCIS Chicago Lockbox