• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I checked the timeline for this year, and mostly people received the acceptance text after 9-14 days after sending the document to the chicago lockbox. If my documents are there on around Feb 19-20, what are the chances I'll be able to get in before february 24? Or the acceptance letters are sent out a couple days after they actually accepted the package and case?

hi,
1.is there any documents about criminal records that ı need to add my aos package? ı added from my country but nothing from here
2. ı made cashıer check for us depertment of homeland securıty should ı write aything on memo such as for aos and bıometrıc cuz ı saw something on uscis page about that is it necessary ?
3.and by the way ı already made biometric while ı was doıng change of status in usa so am ı gonna do it again
4.should ı add copy of my ds260 form?
5.how many pasport photo should ı add to package ıf ı fill those documents : ı485,ı765,ı693,G-1145
6.how long should be bank statements

I checked the timeline for this year, and mostly people received the acceptance text after 9-14 days after sending the document to the chicago lockbox. If my documents are there on around Feb 19-20, what are the chances I'll be able to get in before february 24? Or the acceptance letters are sent out a couple days after they actually accepted the package and case?

I don’t know what your chances are. There’s no way of knowing what the Chicago Lockbox’s workload looks like at any point in time.

hi,
1.is there any documents about criminal records that ı need to add my aos package? ı added from my country but nothing from here
2. ı made cashıer check for us depertment of homeland securıty should ı write aything on memo such as for aos and bıometrıc cuz ı saw something on uscis page about that is it necessary ?
3.and by the way ı already made biometric while ı was doıng change of status in usa so am ı gonna do it again
4.should ı add copy of my ds260 form?
5.how many pasport photo should ı add to package ıf ı fill those documents : ı485,ı765,ı693,G-1145
6.how long should be bank statements

1. The only thing required is the court disposition records if you’ve ever had a court case.
2. You can write your CN on the memo line.
3. How long ago was this? And which status did you change from to which?
4. What for? By the way, have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet? You’re doing yourself a disservice if you haven’t done so.
5. Read the instructions for each form to figure out the exact number of passport photos required for each one.
6. How long in what sense?

EU29XXX most probably will become current in May 2020. So,
Two questions:

1. Anyone from 2020 DV who have submitted AOS package using early filing already, know of filing being rejected due to early filing?
2. If an early filling gets rejected then is the attached fee non-refundable or I just cancel those money orders and use new ones?

2a. Fee payment gets returned with the entire package if the package is rejected by the Chicago Lockbox for early filing. Same payment can be used to re-file.
2b. Fee payment is non-refundable if the AOS petition gets denied by the FO due to early filing.

1. The only thing required is the court disposition records if you’ve ever had a court case.
2. You can write your CN on the memo line.
3. How long ago was this? And which status did you change from to which?
4. What for? By the way, have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet? You’re doing yourself a disservice if you haven’t done so.
5. Read the instructions for each form to figure out the exact number of passport photos required for each one.
6. How long in what sense?

1.ı had some traffic tickets while ı was driving bike should ı get anything ?
3.ı was j1 work and travel student ı applied to f1 at september 2018 and ı did biometric may 23 2019 then ı got approvel at june 2019 still in student visa
4.yes ı did everythings base on spreadsheet it is relly helpful thank you by the way. for my aos packeage ? it doesnt say that ı should add ds260 form in aos package but ı just want to make sure
6.ı meant should my bank statement shows last four months or five etc ?

1.ı had some traffic tickets while ı was driving bike should ı get anything ?
3.ı was j1 work and travel student ı applied to f1 at september 2018 and ı did biometric may 23 2019 then ı got approvel at june 2019 still in student visa
4.yes ı did everythings base on spreadsheet it is relly helpful thank you by the way. for my aos packeage ? it doesnt say that ı should add ds260 form in aos package but ı just want to make sure
6.ı meant should my bank statement shows last four months or five etc ?

1. Have the citation and disposition records on hand for your interview.
3. Yes you’ll definitely be required to attend another bio appointment, your previous one has been a while. And thanks for explaining your status change situation.
4. Then it’s not needed.
6. At least a year or longer.

My wife's education and other relevant paperworks have been translated (certified and notarized). So,

I am a bit confused about the advise as I am not sending the original but should I even send the "original translated copy"? or just copy of the certified translation. Because the notarized certified translation by itself is an official document with embassy seals and attestation.

AOS spreadsheet says, copy with certified translation. My question:

1. Should the certified translation copy be the original translation document or copy of the translation document?
2.For AOS package should we send copy of the certified translation (I can notarized the copies again through my university notary)? or keep a copy for myself send the original certified translation?

much much thanks in advance

My wife's education and other relevant paperworks have been translated (certified and notarized). So,

I am a bit confused about the advise as I am not sending the original but should I even send the "original translated copy"? or just copy of the certified translation. Because the notarized certified translation by itself is an official document with embassy seals and attestation.

AOS spreadsheet says, copy with certified translation. My question:

1. Should the certified translation copy be the original translation document or copy of the translation document?
2.For AOS package should we send copy of the certified translation (I can notarized the copies again through my university notary)? or keep a copy for myself send the original certified translation?

much much thanks in advance

Copy of the actual document in its original foreign (non-English) language + the original copy of the certified translated copy should be sent to with the AOS package.

You get to keep (and take along with you to the interview) the original version of the document in its foreign language and a copy of the certified version that was previously sent with the AOS package.

Speaking of public charge rule, is borrowing money from my friends and have it in my bank account for as long as a week a reasonable decision to make? Do they check for how long you have that amount of money in your account?

Last edited:
Speaking of public charge rule, is borrowing money from my friends and have it in my bank account for as long as a week a reasonable decision to make? Do they check for how long you have that amount of money in your account?

lol , you think they were born yesterday?

lol , you think they were born yesterday?
For getting student visas whether it is for sending it to the university or bringing it to the interview, almost everyone gets a bank statement which is hardly valid for more than a couple of days and no authority questions it. I was wondering if this is also the case for circumventing public charge rule or not.

Of course they’ll be checking the account history. They’re too smart to be fooled by such an obvious deceitful attempt.

For getting student visas whether it is for sending it to the university or bringing it to the interview, almost everyone gets a bank statement which is hardly valid for more than a couple of days and no authority questions it. I was wondering if this is also the case for circumventing public charge rule or not.

Present a bank statement showing a large sum of money was dumped into the account a few days prior and successfully get issued with a visa? No embassy I know of (and I’m not talking about just the US embassy) will ever fall for that. So I beg to disagree with the almost everyone is doing that claim. Of course, I don’t know about the ones in your country.

You should also bear in mind that if the US embassy discovers that you are intentionally trying to mislead them, you may find yourself with a lifetime ban from the US for misrepresentation.

Can my wife and I go to different civil surgeons to complete the I-693 as we are in different cities a the moment?

Also does it matter if the civil surgeon that completes the I-693 is not in the same state as where the "home" of the applicant is considered?

No, different states

In that case, you’ll be taking a risk as:
1. Your marriage coming under extra scrutiny - clear evidence you’re not living together.
2. One of the cases being transferred to the FO with jurisdiction over the city in the second State.

If you’re both claiming one place as your primary “home”, get the medical completed by a CS in that State - that would be my recommendation.