• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Line of credit is a bank loan, not your personal money, so it holds no weight in showing one isn’t likely to become a public charge.

Bottom line, if you can get an I-134, I highly recommend you get one.
Thanks mom for the reply. I can ask my cousin to provide me one but he already filed Visa petitions (and hence I-134s) for his three siblings. Their Visa priority dates are not current yet though. I was wondering how much his gross salary might be to support me as well? My guess is that given that he's single, he should be able to meet the poverty guideline salary for 5 households (him+me+3 siblings) that would be around 38K. Is that correct?

Thanks mom for the reply. I can ask my cousin to provide me one but he already filed Visa petitions (and hence I-134s) for his three siblings. Their Visa priority dates are not current yet though. I was wondering how much his gross salary might be to support me as well? My guess is that given that he's single, he should be able to meet the poverty guideline salary for 5 households (him+me+3 siblings) that would be around 38K. Is that correct?

1. Your cousin couldn’t have filed an affidavit of support for his siblings if their priority dates are not yet current, my guess is all he currently has in the system is the I-130 - alien relative petition form.
2. Your cousin will not be using an I-134 Affidavit of Support for his siblings as that is not the correct form for that purpose, he’ll be providing I-864 when he gets to that stage.
3. USCIS Link to current Poverty Guideline Level.
4. USCIS will be implementing the Final Ruling on self sufficiency requirements starting Feb. 24th, 2020 (exception to this will be for petitioners in Illinois pending a ruling injunction) - so basically you or your sponsor will need to demonstrate an income of 250% of the PGL if you’re filing on or after Feb. 24th and are not based in Illinois.

Thanks mom, very helpful. Somewhere in I-134, there is this statement "I have previously submitted affidavits of support for the following persons". Should he mention the I-130 alien relative petitions there, I mean aren't those some sort of affidavit of support?

Thanks mom, very helpful. Somewhere in I-134, there is this statement "I have previously submitted affidavits of support for the following persons". Should he mention the I-130 alien relative petitions there, I mean aren't those some sort of affidavit of support?

Again, an I-130 is NOT an affidavit of support. I clearly explained this in my previous response to you.

With this plan I assume your wife and kids will be departing from the US prior to your AOS interview considering they’ll automatically loose their derivative status once you become a LPR, or were you planning on their leaving after you become a LPR?

I honestly can’t tell you if the plan to apply alone is good or not, it’s your call. However, considering you’ll still have to declare your dependents on your form (and the DV administrative fee payment will clearly show you have derivatives even if they’re not currently AOSing with you), I’m guessing your CO will look at the totality of your circumstances in determining if you’re likely to become a public charge or not.
I plan they leave after I be LPR. Do you think there is a problem with that?

Hello Mom,

My wife is on an F1 visa and I'm on an F2 visa. Our case number is AF27000, which will most probably come current by April. We paid the KCC fees few days ago and are waiting on the receipt. My questions are:
1) Should I file right after the bulletin comes out and attach the memo with the package?
2) Is the AOS better in my case or changing to CP is more convenient time-wise?

Your efforts are highly appreciated,

Last edited:
My wife is on an F1 visa and I'm on an F2 visa. Our case number is AF27000, which will most probably come current by April. We paid the KCC fees few days ago and are waiting on the receipt. My questions are:
1) Should I file right after the bulletin comes out and attach the memo with the package?
2) Is the AOS better in my case or changing to CP is more convenient time-wise?

1. Personal decision - your call wether to do early filing or not.
2. Personal decision - your call as to the best processing option for you and your family.

1. Personal decision - your call wether to do early filing or not.
2. Personal decision - your call as to the best processing option for you and your family.
Thanks for your fast reply. As for the 2nd question, from your previous background, do you think a case number such as ours would be processed in a timely manner before Sep 30th, or is it better to avoid all the hassle and change it to CP, given that our interview will be in April with a pretty higher probability?
Waiting to hear back from you,

Thanks for your fast reply. As for the 2nd question, from your previous background, do you think a case number such as ours would be processed in a timely manner before Sep 30th, or is it better to avoid all the hassle and change it to CP, given that our interview will be in April with a pretty higher probability?
Waiting to hear back from you,

We know of several selectees whose CNs became current as late as August/September who successfully completed the AOS process. When you complete the process depends on several factors such as your background check, your FOs workload and when they schedule your interview. We’ve also had cases of selectees whose CNs became current in the early months (October/November), filed in a timely manner and didn’t get to complete the process until the end of the FY. So again, you’ll have to make the call as to the best process option for you.

For those filing AOS on or after Feb. 24th, 2020, make sure you familiarize yourself with the new Public Charge Inadmissibility Memo released today.

Also be sure to go over the Public Charge Inadmissibility Final Rule new forms. Be sure to use the newly released forms only if your AOS package will be delivered on or after Feb. 24th or your package will be rejected and sent back to you.

Also note you’re required to include the I-944 Declaration of Self Sufficiency form with your AOS package in place of thenai-134.

Can I get a I134 from my boyfriend?
How much should I earn annually + how much money in bank account is needed for me such that i do not need i134?

Can I get a I134 from my boyfriend?
How much should I earn annually + how much money in bank account is needed for me such that i do not need i134?

1. Yes - if his income meets the poverty guideline level requirements applicable to your case.

2. Substantial amount.

What is your current status?

1. Yes - if his income meets the poverty guideline level requirements applicable to your case.

2. Substantial amount.

What is your current status?
F1 visa, I work as a research assistant and phd student at a tier 1 university, so my income is about $20,000 per year.

I see that one of the proof is his bank letter! That’s hard to get from Chase, does Bank Statement of past 3 months would be enough?

That’s form I134, right? That’s the only thing needed? I should ask my boyfriend to fill and sign it? Does he need to send any document from himself?

1. Yes, an I-134 IF you’re filing before Feb. 24th.

2. Please go through the AOS process spreadsheet - it has the information on what is required.

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post.