• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

My husband (derivative applicant) goes to school in a different state but he is graduating this December. After that he will move to the state I am living in. Now when we are filling the form i-485, his address is going to be different from mine. Does this mean that our applications will be overseen by FOs in two different states? If yes, is there a way to ensure that we both get interviewed in the same state?

1. Yes, two different FOs. Your petition will need to be approved first and your approved case file sent to the FO with jurisdiction over his address before he will be scheduled for an interview.
2. Wait until after he graduates in December in December and returns back to your State before filing.

1. Do you have other occupation? Answer: “Yes” - provide on-campus work information.
2. Were you previously employed? Answer: “NO”

p.s. number you’re questions if you have more than one question in a post.
The DS 260 account doesn't allow to make correction. Can you please suggest what should I do now? Do I email kcc to unlock my profile? I already paid my fees and I am waiting for my number to be current next month to send my package. For one of the question of ds 260, " do you have other occupation?" I mistakenly put no, though I am working on campus. And I need to make correction now. What should I now since ds 260 is locked and it doesn't allow to edit. ?

The DS 260 account doesn't allow to make correction. Can you please suggest what should I do now? Do I email kcc to unlock my profile? I already paid my fees and I am waiting for my number to be current next month to send my package. For one of the question of ds 260, " do you have other occupation?" I mistakenly put no, though I am working on campus. And I need to make correction now. What should I now since ds 260 is locked and it doesn't allow to edit. ?

Yes you need to contact KCC. Please go through your selectee notification letter for guidance on how to contact KCC and request the DS260 be unlocked.

Hello mam, is the location shown under travel history on the department of Homeland security the port of entry in USA? Suppose I have most recent travelling record in USA as 12/3/2019, Chicago, what does this date and location means? Is it the port of entry ?

Hello mam, is the location shown under travel history on the department of Homeland security the port of entry in USA? Suppose I have most recent travelling record in USA as 12/3/2019, Chicago, what does this date and location means? Is it the port of entry ?

We already went over the issue of what your POE is back in October. Your POE from an international trip is what is displayed on the I-94 which documents your entry to the US which in your case happens to be the pre-clearance location in Abu Dhabi.

I am the lottery winner and I am applying to AOS with my wife. I have TPS while she has J1 (with no residency requirement). If her AOS get denied will mine get denied as well? Or are the applications considered separately?

I am the lottery winner and I am applying to AOS with my wife. I have TPS while she has J1 (with no residency requirement). If her AOS get denied will mine get denied as well? Or are the applications considered separately?

A potential denial for your spouse will not impact you. Your potential denial however will also impact your spouse.

As you are the winner, if yours is denied then hers must be denied; but you can be approved while she is denied. (Each is considered on its own merits, but a derivative cannot get a DV if the principal is found ineligible.)

Just use your discretion. By the way, how big of a change are you trying to make by the way?
I wanted add the fb account that i don t use and i didn t list whe i sent the ds 260. The one i told you.
I wonder if i can bring a copy of this account at the interview so i can avoid any delay caused by unlocking the Ds.

Hi mom or Simon,

I have filled out my DS-260 a couple of months ago. As I received an email to inform me to process it through AOS I have moved to a different house. Do I have to make a change in my DS-260 and is it too late to have my form unlock? My number is not up yet so I have not make any adjustments... thank you for your time and you all have put a lot of helpful documents and knowledge together! Greatly appreciate it!!

You’re still within a normal processing window of acceptance confirmation notice. Exercise some patience, keep an eye on your bank account to know if/when your check gets cashed. If there’s no further update in the next two weeks, it most likely means your package has been rejected and on its way back to you.
Thank you so much for your reply! My husband just received a test message that our case has been received and that a I-797 will follow in the mail. Wow exactly 4 weeks since the package was delivered, we were starting to get a bit worried. The checks have not been cashed yet but hopefully will happen in the next few days. Thank you so much for all the help you provide on this forum!

I wanted add the fb account that i don t use and i didn t list whe i sent the ds 260. The one i told you.
I wonder if i can bring a copy of this account at the interview so i can avoid any delay caused by unlocking the Ds.

That’s really not such a big deal.

And by the way, it would have been rather nice to report back in the forum when you eventually got your bio notice considering all the back and forth posts made when you hadn’t received the letter.

Hi mom or Simon,

I have filled out my DS-260 a couple of months ago. As I received an email to inform me to process it through AOS I have moved to a different house. Do I have to make a change in my DS-260 and is it too late to have my form unlock? My number is not up yet so I have not make any adjustments... thank you for your time and you all have put a lot of helpful documents and knowledge together! Greatly appreciate it!!

No need to update the DS260 form with your new address - the information was correct as at the time of the DS260 submission.

That’s really not such a big deal.

And by the way, it would have been rather nice to report back in the forum when you eventually got your bio notice considering all the back and forth posts made when you hadn’t received the letter.
When i called the uscis about my bio letter, i was lucky to be transferred to a 2 division officer. They told me that i was scheduled for the 10th. (This happened Tuesday). I asked him why i didn t receive the letter. He didn t know why so he sent me a letter by email. And with that that, the day after i walked in. I didn t write anything because i am still waiting to see if arrive. Today is friday and the 10th will be Tuesday so there are still 3 days left. By the way, that is the reason

Filing DV with spouse. I am the lottery winner and me and spouse live in different cities.
1. I have filed DS260. Does my spouse also have to file DS260?
2. Confused about how the application will be processed by different FOs. From previous responses, my understanding is that if the principal's case is denied, the derivative's is also denied. How do the FO coordinate this so that my spouse's AOS is processed only after my AOS is approved? Does this mean that my spouse's AOS will take twice as long - waiting for my AOS to be approved and only then her AOS is processed?
3. Does the principal and the derivate being interviewed in different FO a concern, in regards to if the marriage is genuine or not? Especially if the marriage happened less than a year ago. Won't the officers find it difficult to evaluate if the marriage is genuine without the ability to cross-examine?
4. We live 3 hours away in different cities and have different FOs. Me and my spouse visits me every other week. Can one of us report the other's address in the form to streamline the process? Is this a violation?

Last edited:
Filing DV with spouse. I am the lottery winner and me and spouse live in different cities.
1. I have filed DS260. Does my spouse also have to file DS260?
2. Confused about how the application will be processed by different FOs. From previous responses, my understanding is that if the principal's case is denied, the derivative's is also denied. How do the FO coordinate this so that my spouse's AOS is processed only after my AOS is approved? Does this mean that my spouse's AOS will take twice as long - waiting for my AOS to be approved and only then her AOS is processed?
3. Does the principal and the derivate being interviewed in different FO a concern, in regards to if the marriage is genuine or not? Especially if the marriage happened less than a year ago. Won't the officers find it difficult to evaluate if the marriage is genuine without the ability to cross-examine?
4. We live 3 hours away in different cities and have different FOs. Me and my spouse visits me every other week. Can one of us report the other's address in the form to streamline the process? Is this a violation?

1. There should be a DS260 also for your spouse as your derivative.
2. Her I-485 will clearly show she’s a derivative and not the main selectee. The FO with jurisdiction over her case will not approve the case until after yours is approved and they’ve received your case file from your FO.
3. In your specific case, the short answer is YES, this should be a major concern for you. The IOs will not have any problem evaluating if your marriage is genuine or not.
4. Have you taken a look at the I-485 to see what is required in terms of a petitioner’s required addres? Where or how do you intend to cross reference addresses?

You previously stated you and your girlfriend share the same address for the past three years or so, and now (after getting married?) you live 3 hours away from each other? IMO, there are serious red flags that may lead to the marriage being viewed as a fraudulent one:
  • You already submitted your DS260 as single and right now there’s no DS260 for your spouse.
  • You already paid your AOS DV administrative fee - for yourself alone.
  • You got married several months after being selected.
  • You’re a newly married couple not living together.
  • All these demonstrates an after thought marriage