• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi Giovanna! What does your NOA say? The NOA my brother received, form I-797 C, is itself the biometrics letter. It gives the address, date and time at which he has to appear for biometrics. He hasn't received any additional letter.

NOA - Notice of Acceptance
NOA - Notice of Action

The NOA @Giovanna reported receiving is the notice of acceptance, different from the biometrics letter (which is a notice of action) you brother received in addition to the notice of acceptance.

Hello all,
I had ead card which states USCIS number. My ead card has already expired, can i still write USCIS number for alien registration number? or i can leave blank since the ead card has expired.

Hello all,
I had ead card which states USCIS number. My ead card has already expired, can i still write USCIS number for alien registration number? or i can leave blank since the ead card has expired.

You can still write the number regardless of the EAD card being expired.

NOA - Notice of Acceptance
NOA - Notice of Action

The NOA @Giovanna reported receiving is the notice of acceptance, different from the biometrics letter (which is a notice of action) you brother received in addition to the notice of acceptance.
What I received is Notice of Action

Hi Giovanna! What does your NOA say? The NOA my brother received, form I-797 C, is itself the biometrics letter. It gives the address, date and time at which he has to appear for biometrics. He hasn't received any additional letter.
What I received is a Notice of Action for each form I filled and I don t see any appointment

What I received is a Notice of Action for each form I filled and I don t see any appointment

Which is still the formal acceptance notification letter in this case. The bio letter will also say notice of action. I was simply trying to differentiate between the NOA for acceptance and that of bio notice in my previous response.

Write employee for which first question? I’m sorry I don’t understand your post/questions.
Under work / education/training information part of DS-260, one of the question is , do you have other occupation? Another question is, were you previously employed? I wrote no for both of these questions while filling ds 260. But I am working on campus and I am an international student. While filling i-485, I am showing on campus employment. I don't have any past working history. The on campus job I am doing now is my first ever experience as employee. So, do l make correction in those ds 260 questions now? If so, what do I write for both questions? Will the answer for , were you previously employed , still be no since I don't have past working history? My Visa number will be current in next bulletin, so is it going to be late if I make correction now? Please help me to answer those two questions

Under work / education/training information part of DS-260, one of the question is , do you have other occupation? Another question is, were you previously employed? I wrote no for both of these questions while filling ds 260. But I am working on campus and I am an international student. While filling i-485, I am showing on campus employment. I don't have any past working history. The on campus job I am doing now is my first ever experience as employee. So, do l make correction in those ds 260 questions now? If so, what do I write for both questions? Will the answer for , were you previously employed , still be no since I don't have past working history? My Visa number will be current in next bulletin, so is it going to be late if I make correction now? Please help me to answer those two questions

1. Do you have other occupation? Answer: “Yes” - provide on-campus work information.
2. Were you previously employed? Answer: “NO”

p.s. number you’re questions if you have more than one question in a post.

Good morning @sm19sm
I keep seeing on the timeline that users received already the bio letter. Icalled the USCIS and they said that an interview has not been scheduled yet. I was reading the forum, even on other website and I noticed that it happened that some users didn t received the bio letter even if they called the uscis and they got the same answer I got. I just want to know beside calling the Uscis, what I can do. Sometimes I read about speaking with the FO, or something like that. Can you please advice me?

Good morning @sm19sm
I keep seeing on the timeline that users received already the bio letter. Icalled the USCIS and they said that an interview has not been scheduled yet. I was reading the forum, even on other website and I noticed that it happened that some users didn t received the bio letter even if they called the uscis and they got the same answer I got. I just want to know beside calling the Uscis, what I can do. Sometimes I read about speaking with the FO, or something like that. Can you please advice me?

Why is USCIS telling you an interview is yet to be scheduled when the issue you’re trying to address is that you’re yet to receive your bio letter? Did you ask about interview date when you called? Interview being scheduled and having the bio letter are two different issues. Call USCIS like I already suggested and ask about your bio letter, focus on that.

Contacting USCIS is the only option - you can either call the service center or submit an Online Case Inquiry. Talking to the FO (assuming that is possible, which is not) will not produce the bio letter, the FO is not responsible for issuing biometrics letter.

Why is USCIS telling you an interview is yet to be scheduled when the issue you’re trying to address is that you’re yet to receive your bio letter? Did you ask about interview date when you called? Interview being scheduled and having the bio letter are two different issues. Call USCIS like I already suggested and ask about your bio letter, focus on that.

Contacting USCIS is the only option - you can either call the service center or submit an Online Case Inquiry. Talking to the FO (assuming that is possible, which is not) will not produce the bio letter, the FO is not responsible for issuing biometrics letter.

I just called the service center "Your case is on the service center in Missouri on Nov 13. We received your fingerprint fee. We sent you notice of form I 797 which indicate how we will process your case". This is normal, but it sounds strange that I still did not get the bio letter. If they do not sent me the bio letter, I cannot either be scheduled for the interview, right?

I just called the service center "Your case is on the service center in Missouri on Nov 13. We received your fingerprint fee. We sent you notice of form I 797 which indicate how we will process your case". This is normal, but it sounds strange that I still did not get the bio letter. If they do not sent me the bio letter, I cannot either be scheduled for the interview, right?
I meant " they didn't schedule an appointment yet". Sorry, instead to write appointment for the biometric, I wrote interview. My bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that s the probelm. Having not received the bio letter and that is what I asked to them

Not strange, nor unusual for the bio notice to sometimes take a while before it gets sent especially since you confirmed reading about others in similar situation such as yours in one of your previous posts. The only reason I encouraged you to contact USCIS was to rule out the possibility of the notice being lost in transit or returned to USCIS as undeliverable. If USCIS is confirming they’re yet to send out the bio notice, then you just need to be patient.

Not strange, nor unusual for the bio notice to sometimes take a while before it gets sent especially since you confirmed reading about others in similar situation such as yours in one of your previous posts. The only reason I encouraged you to contact USCIS was to rule out the possibility of the notice being lost in transit or returned to USCIS as undeliverable. If USCIS is confirming they’re yet to send out the bio notice, then you just need to be patient.
Thank you @sm19sm i will see what will happen this week

My husband (derivative applicant) goes to school in a different state but he is graduating this December. After that he will move to the state I am living in. Now when we are filling the form i-485, his address is going to be different from mine. Does this mean that our applications will be overseen by FOs in two different states? If yes, is there a way to ensure that we both get interviewed in the same state?