• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Congrats to the latest round of good news posts!

Mom may correct me if I’m mistaken - but it certainly seems we are seeing a much higher proportion of approvals with interview waivers than usual. Looks like uscis really is trying where they can to get DV done in time - all the phone calls /emails for quick bios/interviews, as well as waiving interviews.
hopefully I hear good news related to my case
As I received email yesterday telling me between 2-7 days immigration officer will contact me as I filed a complaint regarding the delay of my case

Finally, after 6 months, GC is in hand!!! Thank you to @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for your insights and advice. And @Britsimon I really enjoyed reading your blog ;). Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences. And I hope everyone gets their GC soon!!! Props to USCIS for their efforts in making sure we get our GC before the deadline :).

Btw, my status changed to "Card was mailed" on Aug 21. It never updated to "Card was picked up by USPS" (which seems like a common occurrence these days according to other members). I received my card at my PO box address.

My husband and I had our interview this morning at LA office. And cards are being produced now!
I got the email about status change when I was still waiting for the IO to give me my passports back. And now that I check, the egov.uscis account also shows "Card is being produced" for both of us.

My experience was very similar to @tinks1 and @Kentavar2397 only that it took about 40mins for our IO to process the case and then handed us the approval letters. I guess that's because there are two of us. She was super nice and congratulated us with our new status and that I can work in the States now with the status (I was on F-2). She said the physical cards are now being sent out pretty fast at this FO so we should expect them by the end of next week.

During the interview: We didn't give her any additional paperwork except the passports. She asked most of the yes/no questions and laughed when my husband mentioned his speeding ticket. She said that's not a concern at all (which we knew but we thought we should mention when she asked the law enforcement question). The interview took only 10mins and we interviewed together the whole time.

Thank you everyone especially @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Britsimon and the LA people. You've all been very helpful with everything you answered and shared. Hope everyone goes through with the process soon!

Finally, after 6 months, GC is in hand!!! Thank you to @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ for your insights and advice. And @Britsimon I really enjoyed reading your blog ;). Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences. And I hope everyone gets their GC soon!!! Props to USCIS for their efforts in making sure we get our GC before the deadline :).

Btw, my status changed to "Card was mailed" on Aug 21. It never updated to "Card was picked up by USPS" (which seems like a common occurrence these days according to other members). I received my card at my PO box address.

Free! Free at last!! lol - congratulations

My husband and I had our interview this morning at LA office. And cards are being produced now!
I got the email about status change when I was still waiting for the IO to give me my passports back. And now that I check, the egov.uscis account also shows "Card is being produced" for both of us.

My experience was very similar to @tinks1 and @Kentavar2397 only that it took about 40mins for our IO to process the case and then handed us the approval letters. I guess that's because there are two of us. She was super nice and congratulated us with our new status and that I can work in the States now with the status (I was on F-2). She said the physical cards are now being sent out pretty fast at this FO so we should expect them by the end of next week.

During the interview: We didn't give her any additional paperwork except the passports. She asked most of the yes/no questions and laughed when my husband mentioned his speeding ticket. She said that's not a concern at all (which we knew but we thought we should mention when she asked the law enforcement question). The interview took only 10mins and we interviewed together the whole time.

Thank you everyone especially @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @Britsimon and the LA people. You've all been very helpful with everything you answered and shared. Hope everyone goes through with the process soon!

Nice experience. Congratulations

I also got my card in the mail today - finally! Similar to other people's experiences, my status never changed from "card was mailed to me". It was mailed on August 21, so it took 3 business days to be delivered. The envelope never showed up on USPS Informed Delivery either, so I didn't know it would be coming today.
@Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ and everyone else on this forum, thank you for your help and support! This journey couldn't have been possible without you! Wishing you all the best of luck!

I also got my card in the mail today - finally! Similar to other people's experiences, my status never changed from "card was mailed to me". It was mailed on August 21, so it took 3 business days to be delivered. The envelope never showed up on USPS Informed Delivery either, so I didn't know it would be coming today.
@Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ and everyone else on this forum, thank you for your help and support! This journey couldn't have been possible without you! Wishing you all the best of luck!

More great news today. Congratulations.

I'm so happy for you!! Good job girl <3 Enjoy it!!

Has anyone encountered problems regarding delivery of GC ? Mine status says Card was mailed on August 20 but still have't received the card. Have been checking mailbox daily. I haven't changed my address and I've received all the documents from USCIS including my GC EAD/AP in this address. I received my Approval notice on August 6. It has been almost a week kind of worrying moment for me.

@Sm1smom ,

I'm a little concerned. I filled congressional inquiry, and got a reply from congress representative last Monday that my interview is scheduled for September 17th. Even the status of my case changed to Interview is scheduled. But I called USCIS tier 1 and asked them if they see the interview date in the system and if the letter was sent. The tier 1 said no, she doesn't see anything in the system. I am trying to get in touch with tier 2 since Monday and nothing, they are not calling me back.

Could you please advise what should I do in my case? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Has anyone encountered problems regarding delivery of GC ? Mine status says Card was mailed on August 20 but still have't received the card. Have been checking mailbox daily. I haven't changed my address and I've received all the documents from USCIS including my GC EAD/AP in this address. I received my Approval notice on August 6. It has been almost a week kind of worrying moment for me.
At this point you will have to be patient.

Do they not still include the usps tracking number in the “card was mailed” status updates?

For those who wants understand the background check.

I found the document in 2018 USCIS Ombudsman's report.
The report has 82 pages, the background check section starts from page 38
Page 67 is also good one. I don't know DV lottery case is by FO directorate or Service center directorate, but the number of checks are similar.
I need to read this carefully.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/f...omb/cisomb_2018-annual-report-to-congress.pdf

Do they not still include the usps tracking number in the “card was mailed” status updates?
Judging by card deliveries in the last couple of weeks, it seems like USCIS provides a tracking number for some people (I think @AsianLily had one) but not others (@aprilyeah, @ysim, @elva7918 and myself didn't get a number). I don't know whether the FO has anything to do with this, because according to the spreadsheet, the four of us with no tracking numbers had the same FO, but @AsianLily did the interview at a different FO.
As far as I understand, the tracking number is only provided when the status on my.uscis portal changes to "card was picked up by USPS".

Last edited:
@Sm1smom ,

I'm a little concerned. I filled congressional inquiry, and got a reply from congress representative last Monday that my interview is scheduled for September 17th. Even the status of my case changed to Interview is scheduled. But I called USCIS tier 1 and asked them if they see the interview date in the system and if the letter was sent. The tier 1 said no, she doesn't see anything in the system. I am trying to get in touch with tier 2 since Monday and nothing, they are not calling me back.

Could you please advise what should I do in my case? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Be patient, that’s what you need to do. There’s plenty of time left between Aug. 26th and Sept. 17th for your IL to arrive.

Generally once they change to card was mailed, later they change status to Postal services picked up your card then they provide tracking number. And we've got some cases where status never get updated after card was mailed and after 3-4 business days they received GC in their mailbox.

Indeed, I'm getting crazy and need to chill... All this is very stressful. Thanks for your advice. I will still try to get in touch with tier 2, maybe will get some clarification...

Thanks again!
In my case, even after I’ve received the actual IL, tier 2 wasn’t able to find any info about my interview on their system. But, it’s good that you’re trying to contact and ask about it, each case is different.
As Mom advised, there’s plenty of time until Sept. 17.